Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Jags Fan

Quote:Hey everyone, I have been a Falcons fan all of my life. Living in South Georgia and being so close to JAX, I've decided to pick the Jaguars as my second favorite team. Looking forward to learning more about the Jags, and hope to see a winning record this year! Smile
Welcome!

It's a good time to get on board. Good things are ahead for the Jags.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah, you keep saying that. One day I'm gonna catch you posting here, and then pow! I'll get ya.

Besides, you won't share anyhow.
You're still not going to trick me into posting in this thread.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:....Theres a difference between referencing other teams like the Patriots, Eagles, San Fran, et al, when it comes to how they've been running their organizations, and actually rooting for said teams. But I'm sure you're too simple-minded to understand that concept.

I "root" for only one team. The Jaguars. That doesn't mean I can't respect successful organizations around the league for the way they do it.

Respecting them is one way to put it...

Quote:You'll fit in well with JaguarsWoman who is a Broncos Jags and Packers fan!

is she still here?

I haven't seen her ask a stupid question for a while

The most imporent thing to know here is there are people on the board who are negtiave about the team always, and their are some people who are positive about the team always. Then there are people like me who stick by team no matter what.  at 0-8 last year even with my dad giving me  a hard time every week I just had to go watch jags play at sports bar,oh I live in north Carolina. Jags will go 9-7 this year. we won't start off 0-8 either.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:I'd be more welcoming to you if you ditched the Falcons and were going to be a Jags fan first and foremost. It almost seems as if you're just looking for a cheesy backup plan should your Falcons disappoint. 

I don't like the whole "having another team in addition to your favorite" thing. Pick one and be done with it. Jagswoman on here likes about half the league as her favorite team. Theres something just hokey about that. 
I don't need a backup plan Smile I will always be a Falcons fan first and foremost. I just enjoy watching a team being built, and rising from the ashes so to speak. Around the NFL the Jags have been viewed as a complete joke for the past several years. I am interested to see how Caldwell and Bradley rebuild this team and hope to see them turn things around. My Falcons are in the NFC so I can still pull for them and hope to see the Jags succeed as well. I know it may seem cheesy to have a "second favorite team", but that's alright with me Smile Just interested to see how you guys turn this around and wanna follow it myself.

Quote:Welcome.  If you are a Falcons fan, can you give us your thoughts on their first pick/decision?  Any chance they trade down for a player?
We need a pass rusher, and OT & a FS. Right now there's speculation we could trade up for Clowney at #2. Ideally, Mack is there at #6. If not, Robinson or Matthews. If those three aren't there at 6, I can see us trading down to the teens and picking up our FS in Pryor or HaHa Clinton-Dix. 

I might as well drop in as well. I don't know much of the jags, but I do remember their playoff win against the Steelers with Garrard. Also I caught their matchup against Denver last year. The upside is lot brighter imo than other lesser talented teams. 

I'm not a  new fan of the jags, but this is my 1st post on the board. I live in Portland, OR and have been a fan since the mark brunell days. Any other west coast fans on the board?

Bandwagoner

Quote:I'm not a  new fan of the jags, but this is my 1st post on the board. I live in Portland, OR and have been a fan since the mark brunell days. Any other west coast fans on the board?

Not from the west coast, sorry but the reason i am a Jaguars fan is cause of Brunell as well.

Quote:Bandwagoner
I guess if being a fan of brunell in college and than in the pros makes be a bandwagoner than so be it.

Quote:I guess if being a fan of brunell in college and than in the pros makes be a bandwagoner than so be it.

Don't let that dude even speak to you man. He just states inflammatory things simply to get a reaction.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'd be more welcoming to you if you ditched the Falcons and were going to be a Jags fan first and foremost. It almost seems as if you're just looking for a cheesy backup plan should your Falcons disappoint.

I don't like the whole "having another team in addition to your favorite" thing. Pick one and be done with it. Jagswoman on here likes about half the league as her favorite team. Theres something just hokey about that.

Yes something hokey about that, says the eagles fan.

Quote:Hey everyone, I have been a Falcons fan all of my life. Living in South Georgia and being so close to JAX, I've decided to pick the Jaguars as my second favorite team. Looking forward to learning more about the Jags, and hope to see a winning record this year!  Smile
Welcome aboard.  If we draft Clowney will you change the Jaguars to your favorite team?

Jags are gonna win South this year. Book it!

Quote:I'm not a  new fan of the jags, but this is my 1st post on the board. I live in Portland, OR and have been a fan since the mark brunell days. Any other west coast fans on the board?
jags02 and highscore live in Portland also. I lived in Portland for 16 years but live in Jacksonville now.

Quote:I don't think picking the Jaguars as a backup would be a smart choice right now, i have no problem admitting i have a fav 2nd team but that's more based on were i live, and following the team as well as having a GF that has a say in things
Grow a pair! 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.