Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
As seen on TV products

I'm kinda curious about flex seal. I don't currently need it but, for some reason I kinda want it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So it's like a crock pot but for birds only?

It's one of those counter top rotisseries, it cooks a lot quicker than a crock pot. It takes about 15 minutes per pound to cook a chicken so an average sized bird can be done in little over an hour.

I've also cooked pork loin in there too...it turned out great too.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I'm kinda curious about flex seal. I don't currently need it but, for some reason I kinda want it.
Got a door screen in the bottom of your boat?

https://www.youtube.com/user/Jabo0odyDubs/videos

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:Got a door screen in the bottom of your boat?

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.youtube.com/user/Jabo0odyDubs/videos'>https://www.youtube.com/user/Jabo0odyDubs/videos</a>
Maybe...

Maybe I might just want to spray my yard and fence and create an ocean and stock it with pet manatees. Or sperm whales. I haven't decided yet.

We generally don't buy stuff over the phone.  So much of it is nothing but a scam.  You might get one that works, but the odds are you won't.  Especially if it's not sold in stores, and it's "Buy one, get one free!"  You think it's a great deal, but it's so they can get rid of more of what they've made -- helps recuperate production costs.

You have to be careful with them too.  A lot of places will overcharge you, try to stick you with 'upgrades' and such.  And if possible NEVER give them your real phone number.  We were going to order some hair care products that seemed pretty legitimate... only it turned out that you had to join a monthly club. When I told my wife that, she was like "Forget it!"  So I canceled the order.  Unfortunately our number was in the system because I had put it in when trying to order.  They kept calling us, and calling us. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:We generally don't buy stuff over the phone.  So much of it is nothing but a scam.  You might get one that works, but the odds are you won't.  Especially if it's not sold in stores, and it's "Buy one, get one free!"  You think it's a great deal, but it's so they can get rid of more of what they've made -- helps recuperate production costs.

You have to be careful with them too.  A lot of places will overcharge you, try to stick you with 'upgrades' and such.  And if possible NEVER give them your real phone number.  We were going to order some hair care products that seemed pretty legitimate... only it turned out that you had to join a monthly club. When I told my wife that, she was like "Forget it!"  So I canceled the order.  Unfortunately our number was in the system because I had put it in when trying to order.  They kept calling us, and calling us.
My MIL ordered some pan or cooking thing that offered a second one free. She did it. All she had to do is pay separate S&h. Well, the extra S&h was like 70.00!

Your right though, never order that junk over the phone. A lot of the stuff make their way into stores. Those are the only ones I will even think about buying. I haven't yet, but that darn hose is calling my name.

Quote:My MIL ordered some pan or cooking thing that offered a second one free. She did it. All she had to do is pay separate S&h. Well, the extra S&h was like 70.00!

Your right though, never order that junk over the phone. A lot of the stuff make their way into stores. Those are the only ones I will even think about buying. I haven't yet, but that darn hose is calling my name.

Walmart, Walgreens and CVS all have a As Seen on TV section.

I have a cousin who always buys those things, and gives the free ones away as Christmas Presents.  

Last year they got my dad one of those expandable hoses.  It broke on the first try.  I went online to read reviews -- there are some good brands out there that offer the same thing.  But the brand my dad got had terrible reviews.  He now uses it to tie his trash down when he takes trash to the dump. Reading reviews is usually a good idea, especially from a site like Amazon.  

I remember they got us one of those RabbitTV's that is supposed to let you watch T.V. shows on your computer.  Before putting it on our computer, I did some research... turns out after the first year, you have to pay a $10.00 annual fee for it, and it doesn't really give you access to anything, it just indexes the already free content on the web.  

A lot of those T.V. deals are good ideas that don't work as well as you would like them to.  Someone gets the idea, figures they can make money off of it, and makes as many as they can, and sells them two at a time.  Sometimes someone else does take that idea though, and actually makes it work.  They put more time and effort into it, and make a well designed product.  Which is why reading the reviews is important.  

Then you have your outright scams that hide costs, or computer products that hurt your computer if you cancel the service.  In the age of the internet, As Seen On TV should be "As Reviewed on the Internet"

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I'm kinda curious about flex seal. I don't currently need it but, for some reason I kinda want it.

Look up reviews on google. Not very good, way overpriced and the practice shoddy selling techniques.

Quote:I have a cousin who always buys those things, and gives the free ones away as Christmas Presents.

Last year they got my dad one of those expandable hoses. It broke on the first try. I went online to read reviews -- there are some good brands out there that offer the same thing. But the brand my dad got had terrible reviews. He now uses it to tie his trash down when he takes trash to the dump. Reading reviews is usually a good idea, especially from a site like Amazon.

I remember they got us one of those RabbitTV's that is supposed to let you watch T.V. shows on your computer. Before putting it on our computer, I did some research... turns out after the first year, you have to pay a $10.00 annual fee for it, and it doesn't really give you access to anything, it just indexes the already free content on the web.

A lot of those T.V. deals are good ideas that don't work as well as you would like them to. Someone gets the idea, figures they can make money off of it, and makes as many as they can, and sells them two at a time. Sometimes someone else does take that idea though, and actually makes it work. They put more time and effort into it, and make a well designed product. Which is why reading the reviews is important.

Then you have your outright scams that hide costs, or computer products that hurt your computer if you cancel the service. In the age of the internet, As Seen On TV should be "As Reviewed on the Internet"

Good advice. Always Google reviews. One of the best things about the internet.

Quote:I have a Ronco rotisserie...you really do pretty much just set it and forget it!! It makes the best chicken!!!

We bought one of those as well, and it's a great appliance.  We've done medium sized turkeys in it every year for Thanksgiving, and it comes out perfect every time. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:We bought one of those as well, and it's a great appliance. We've done medium sized turkeys in it every year for Thanksgiving, and it comes out perfect every time.

I've never tried a turkey in there...I bet it is really good! I might have to try that out!

Quote:I've never tried a turkey in there...I bet it is really good! I might have to try that out!

Ours came with these injectors so you could put marinade right into the turkey.  Pretty awesome.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I have the Nu-Wave Oven (awesome), green organic ceramic pan (awesome), green organic ceramic pancake maker (awesome), Shaw-Wow (eh).

I have more.  I just can't think of them.  I am a junkie for made for TV products.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I have the Nu-Wave Oven (awesome), green organic ceramic pan (awesome), green organic ceramic pancake maker (awesome), Shaw-Wow (eh).

I have more. I just can't think of them. I am a junkie for made for TV products.

My dad has one of those Nu waves...I like that one too!!

Quote:I have the Nu-Wave Oven (awesome), green organic ceramic pan (awesome), green organic ceramic pancake maker (awesome), Shaw-Wow (eh).

I have more.  I just can't think of them.  I am a junkie for made for TV products.
Remember, being on TV is no guarantee of quality. Piers Morgan used to be on TV as well.

Quote:Remember, being on TV is no guarantee of quality. Piers Morgan used to be on TV as well.

Piers Moran was obviously a ripoff.

Quote:Remember, being on TV is no guarantee of quality. Piers Morgan used to be on TV as well.

if anything I question it more if I see it on TV

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Gotta love the Wax Vac.

My favorite part about that is the way people are all smiling as they suck wax out of their ears.

I sure know I would be.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Gotta love the Wax Vac.

My favorite part about that is the way people are all smiling as they suck wax out of their ears.

I sure know I would be.
I like how overly dramatic that one guy is in the commercial that yells "ouch" at the top of his lungs when using the traditional cotton swab.