Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UPS Fires 250 Workers For Participating In Protest

Quote:All we know for sure is he was apparently clocking in early which was against policy. Not sure I'd ever go against policy that could eventually give management a reason to fire me. As a worker you have to be smart, yourself.

Ok, you seem to have it all figured out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:TMD, that's according to UPS. You think they are going to say he was the best employee and fire him? No. Now I'm not saying it is accurate or inaccurate, but don't you think you are being a little naive?
UPS lets plenty of guys clock in early. Many guys get their routes ready in their package cars and placing and re arranging the way the loaders loaded them. More often than not, they do it off the clock. The one guy, who just came back to work after serious injury, lots of rehab after being hit by a car while delivering, was given a reprimand recently because stop count increased...ie..didnt deliver as many packages in the same time frame he did before. So, you can kinda get a feel of some ill feelings over there.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:No you/ they won't because Ringo and his goon squad will beat you up if you dare try, lol
Aaah..so now we know why you aren't going to apply for the cool new job openings..skeeered. 

Blakes Life Matters

90 Minutes of protest time is job abandonment which is punishable by job dismissal.. Any time that you walk off the job can earn a dismissal. Dont like it? Purchase the company and change the policy or find another job.. Pretty simple...

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:UPS lets plenty of guys clock in early. Many guys get their routes ready in their package cars and placing and re arranging the way the loaders loaded them. More often than not, they do it off the clock. The one guy, who just came back to work after serious injury, lots of rehab after being hit by a car while delivering, was given a reprimand recently because stop count increased...ie..didnt deliver as many packages in the same time frame he did before. So, you can kinda get a feel of some ill feelings over there.

I realize there is more to it. Some others like to pretend this world is black and white.

Quote:90 Minutes of protest time is job abandonment which is punishable by job dismissal.. Any time that you walk off the job can earn a dismissal. Dont like it? Purchase the company and change the policy or find another job.. Pretty simple...

Or fight like they are doing now. It is far from over.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 02:35 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Mad Dog" data-cid="169516" data-time="1397066920">
<div>
Funny, in a post recently in this thread you make a point of chastising BB4 for reading too much into one small line that you had said, but apparently its justified when you do it, as you seem to be making quite a mountain from a molehill with my little quip remark of "cool job openings'. You've made mention of it what now 5 what? - separate times?? Grow a pair. It wasn't meant as literal as you took it, anyway. 

You're a hypocrite. Plain and simple. 

Thats great. And you call out hypocrisy. You own it. You were on this very message board looking for work, or find "better" work. Then you claim." cool...job openings"...now you're trying to crawfish? 

Again...there might be some openings if the firings stick. Have you applied yet? Its good pay and bennies. Its what you were asking a while ago in your better job request.

</div>
</blockquote>

Crawfish? You're a clown. Yes, I did make a post about that (trying to find better work) but so what? That doesn't mean that every comment that I make pertaining to jobs in the context it was must be taken 100% literal. You're simply attacking through assumption. - and as I previously stated - doing exactly what you chided BB4 for doing. You're a damn hypocrite. And why the hell would I try to get a UPS job in that location when the commute time/ expense wouldn't even close to be worth it. You don't even know where I live in Jersey and you even assume in THAT context, above. Just get outta here with your trash.  

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 02:39 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Aaah..so now we know why you aren't going to apply for the cool new job openings..skeeered. 

Not in the least. I've knocked a few skulls around in my day, I wouldn't steer away from an opportunity because of being scared of anything....That location isn't really a match for me considering my location.

I just don't run around making veiled physical threats to people like an [BAD WORD REMOVED] clown like you do. 

I'm smart enough to know that fighting/ violence should always be last resort. 

Quote:Or fight like they are doing now. It is far from over.

My question is, I wonder how fast it takes them to fill those 250 positions.. My guess, not very long..

Quote:My question is, I wonder how fast it takes them to fill those 250 positions.. My guess, not very long..

If it comes to that, they'll be filled in 5 minutes. (figuratively). 

Just do us all a favor Ringo, before you walk off the job because of your pride, let us all know about it here first so some of us can apply for your position..

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 02:47 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Just do us all a favor Ringo, before you walk off the job because of your pride, let us all know about it here first so some of us can apply for your position..

Just make sure you bring the big red shoes, colorful suit, puffy nose and makeup if anyone does apply for his former position....the interviewer will think higher of you for coming prepared to the interview. Laughing

Quote:Not in the least. I've knocked a few skulls around in my day, I wouldn't steer away from an opportunity because of being scared of anything....That location isn't really a match for me considering my location.

I just don't run around making veiled physical threats to people like an [BAD WORD REMOVED] clown like you do. 

I'm smart enough to know that fighting/ violence should always be last resort. 
Hahahaha. You really are a what most say. I just didnt realize till recently.

The job isnt a match for me? Then you say how high unemployment is so high in Jersey, yet this isnt a good match. I'm starting to get it. What is it? Too far? Mom wont let you go past the stop sign on the street? 

Quote:Just do us all a favor Ringo, before you walk off the job because of your pride, let us all know about it here first so some of us can apply for your position..
You're too stupid for it. And your BFF is either too lazy or its too far or its too hard.

Blakes Life Matters

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 02:56 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Hahahaha. You really are a what most say. I just didnt realize till recently.

The job isnt a match for me? Then you say how high unemployment is so high in Jersey, yet this isnt a good match. I'm starting to get it. What is it? Too far? Mom wont let you go past the stop sign on the street? 

You bolded those 2 things in the post you quoted as if they were the same thing? And you accuse others of being too "stupid"? You're the only one that made veiled physical threats in this thread. Me commenting about not being afraid of them and reasoning why is nothing even close to the same thing. 

As for the other, not even worth a response. You're pretty much every insult you dish out to other people.