Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UPS Fires 250 Workers For Participating In Protest

Quote:Yes, and you can decipher that from message board postings. :wacko:

lolz, clown. 
While I do agree with you, this is akin to your take regarding how certain people think in regards to soccer. (and other various things on here).

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yes, and you can decipher that from message board postings. :wacko: 

lolz, clown.

Clown? Lol. Should we post a poll on a " message board" and see who is voted most popular clown.

You? Teamster driver in NY? Not much to decipher. Boy.

Aren't you still looking for a Twinkie delivery route?
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:While I do agree with you, this is akin to your take regarding how certain people think in regards to soccer. (and other various things on here).

Agreed. Good point.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:While I do agree with you, this is akin to your take regarding how certain people think in regards to soccer. (and other various things on here).

Yeah, but at least I have seen first hand, poseur American soccer fans around my area, so its not as if I am forming a blind take. 

Quote:Clown? Lol. Should we post a poll on a " message board" and see who is voted most popular clown.

You? Teamster driver in NY? Not much to decipher. Boy.

Aren't you still looking for a Twinkie delivery route?

...yes, because "voting" always gets the right result for things. :whistling: 

Another clown post from you. 

Quote:...yes, because "voting" always gets the right result for things. :whistling: 

Another clown post from you.

No. Just popular opinion.

Then, we discuss how many times a guy gets kicked off a message board. Could it be " clown posts?"

Anyway. Jersey Boy. There may 250 job openings across the bridge. You were looking for work here on this message board. There ya go. I'm sure you're in line now applying. Let us know. It's a good paying job. Maybe you finally get out of mom n dads basement.
Blakes Life Matters

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014, 10:54 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:No. Just popular opinion.

Then, we discuss how many times a guy gets kicked off a message board. Could it be " clown posts?"

Anyway. Jersey Boy. There may 250 job openings across the bridge. You were looking for work here on this message board. There ya go. I'm sure you're in line now applying. Let us know. It's a good paying job. Maybe you finally get out of mom n dads basement.

oooooh, popular opinion.... Popular opinion is just that - and is often wrong. But we get a picture as to what is priority in your life. 

Quote:oooooh, popular opinion.... Popular opinion is just that - and is often wrong. But we get a picture as to what is priority in your life.
who is " we"?

Yes. Priorities. Like going to work. Not asking a message board where to find work.... Around Jersey. Lol.

As far as wrong popular opinion here, on you? It's not wrong.

Your record reflects that. That's not opinion. That's fact. And speaking of facts, how many times have you been kicked off this message board? Why would that be? Wrong opinions? Yeah that's it.

Anyway. Back to work. For me anyway.

Let us know if you finally find work. Maybe it'll keep you busy enough to keep from getting thrown outta here so often.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Yeah, but at least I have seen first hand, poseur American soccer fans around my area, so its not as if I am forming a blind take. 
Of course you would only see it your way. I would expect no less.

;

Quote:Of course you would only see it your way. I would expect no less.

How you you know what I have seen or not around MY area??? :wacko: 

You assume that I'm just seeing this biased/ slanted view, and you could be wrong with that. 

Quote:How you you know what I have seen or not around MY area??? :wacko:

You assume that I'm just seeing this biased/ slanted view, and you could be wrong with that. 
Except I'm not.

;

Quote:who is " we"?

Yes. Priorities. Like going to work. Not asking a message board where to find work.... Around Jersey. Lol.

I have work. Looking for better work. 

As for the "around Jersey" comment, pure ignorance. Jersey has high unemployment rate. Landing good jobs isn't easy here. 

How many clown opinions are you going to display in one day??

Quote:Except I'm not.

You don't see the hypocrisy in your behavior right now?

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014, 11:54 AM by The Mad Dog.)

My guess regarding the UPS thing is most of if not all of those workers will eventually be ruled to be brought back. Not saying they should be or not, but just what I think will ultimately happen. 

I’m in a line of work that allows unions and I’m in mine. I’m very proud to be a part of it. Thanks in part to many subjective non-thinkers, unions have gotten a bad rap over the last couple of decades though I will concede that SOME of it is deserved. However, this bad rap is magnified by design in my opinion by big business to slowly eat away at the voice of the American worker.

Are there some bad unions and/or union bosses?  Sure.  Are there some bad employers, and/or bosses of employers? Of course.  As such, unions must remain part of our labor fabric. Without them, I fear the current income inequality gap going on in our nation will only get worse and worse. I fear a nation where the worker has little to no voice.

The real goal of the employer in capitalism is the get the most work out of the employee while giving the least amount of compensation possible. The real goal of the union is to get the biggest compensation for the employees with the most ideal working conditions. Neither side should ever have it their way but with unions at least there is a side, a voice, someone to draw a line in the sand and because of that, amicable mediums can be achieved.

I’m satisfied with the working conditions where I’m at, and I know that is thanks in major part to the concessions my union has gotten for me. If I have any problem with the system at my job is that non-union members reap the same benefits as union members get even though it is the union that goes out and fight for what we get with the bosses. I don’t see a fix for this so it is what it is.

Just my three cents.

# EVEN IF HE'S RELEASED

Quote:I’m in a line of work that allows unions and I’m in mine. I’m very proud to be a part of it. Thanks in part to many subjective non-thinkers, unions have gotten a bad rap over the last couple of decades though I will concede that SOME of it is deserved. However, this bad rap is magnified by design in my opinion by big business to slowly eat away at the voice of the American worker.

Are there some bad unions and/or union bosses?  Sure.  Are there some bad employers, and/or bosses of employers? Of course.  As such, unions must remain part of our labor fabric. Without them, I fear the current income inequality gap going on in our nation will only get worse and worse. I fear a nation where the worker has little to no voice.

The real goal of the employer in capitalism is the get the most work out of the employee while giving the least amount of compensation possible. The real goal of the union is to get the biggest compensation for the employees with the most ideal working conditions. Neither side should ever have it their way but with unions at least there is a side, a voice, someone to draw a line in the sand and because of that, amicable mediums can be achieved.

I’m satisfied with the working conditions where I’m at, and I know that is thanks in major part to the concessions my union has gotten for me. If I have any problem with the system at my job is that non-union members reap the same benefits as union members get even though it is the union that goes out and fight for what we get with the bosses. I don’t see a fix for this so it is what it is.

Just my three cents.

Well stated. 

Quote:Unions = the death of American industry.

They could have easily protested during non working hours.

Unions are the death of American industry? Got anything to back that up?

The death of American industry has many reasons, but unions are way down the list.

How come when every one is praising someone like Steve Jobs it's never mentioned that he became a billionaire in part off the backs of Chinese slave labor. If he chose to have the phones, etc., made in America he might have only been a mega millionaire.

But somehow many people like to denigrate their fellow American workers.

End of rant - and no, I've never been a member of any union. But I do know something about American history.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Unions are the death of American industry? Got anything to back that up?

The death of American industry has many reasons, but unions are way down the list.

How come when every one is praising someone like Steve Jobs it's never mentioned that he became a billionaire in part off the backs of Chinese slave labor. If he chose to have the phones, etc., made in America he might have only been a mega millionaire.

But somehow many people like to denigrate their fellow American workers.

End of rant - and no, I've never been a member of any union. But I do know something about American history.

another well stated post, from an unlikely source. 

FWIW, I was a union steward for about 6 years with the state. For an unbiased opinion, unions can help and hurt at the same time. Unions give a peace of mind to those who crave that job security and fairness.. But, then again, if you're a competent employee, 9 times out of 10, you won't need a union.. But there's always room for error..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:No. Just popular opinion.

Making fun of someone trying to find work is a pretty crappy thing to do, no matter who it is you're talking to.

I know you are better than this Ringo! :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???