Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UPS Fires 250 Workers For Participating In Protest

Quote:Unions = the death of American industry.
Funny how European industry is unionized up the wazoo but seems to be doing fine for the most part.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Making fun of someone trying to find work is a pretty crappy thing to do, no matter who it is you're talking to.

I know you are better than this Ringo! :yes:

maybe he isn't. 

Quote:Making fun of someone trying to find work is a pretty crappy thing to do, no matter who it is you're talking to.

250 people get fired. His response was " cool, job openings"

I was prodding him to at least go get one of these " openings".
Blakes Life Matters

I disagree, it matters depending on whom one is talking to.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I disagree, it matters depending on whom one is talking to.
No it doesn't. Because someone reading that thread might be in the same situation and then won't ever say anything because of fear of public humiliation.

Not to mention that if it's you in that situation one day asking for help, you don't want people remembering you as that colossal phallus-head.

It's called karma....why mess with it?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014, 06:36 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:No it doesn't. Because someone reading that thread might be in the same situation and then won't ever say anything because of fear of public humiliation.

Not to mention that if it's you in that situation one day asking for help, you don't want people remembering you as that colossal phallus-head.

It's called karma....why mess with it?

TMD messed with Karma by making light of 250 people losing their jobs by joking about an abundance of new job opportunities. I understand you sticking up for you, because you piled on his message with a "there you go!". What if a tender new reader was just laid off of their job for a similar offense? Who would they view as a phallus-head then?

250 lost their jobs. Do you have any idea what their grievance was? All we know is that they were sticking up for a co-worker who, coincidentally, was a union organizer. That should raise a red flag right there. Do you really think 250 people would be stupid enough to walk off their jobs for 90 minutes for something trivial? What might appear a cut and dried firing of people abandoning their jobs may be something completely understandable.

Please don't insult my intelligence by comparing bickering here with TMD to intimidating a new reader coming here for job search tips. He gives as good as he gets.

- Bob Marley

Quote:TMD messed with Karma by making light of 250 people losing their jobs by joking about an abundance of new job opportunities.

Uh, no....

This wasn't a situation where people lost their jobs through no fault of their own.... 

Don't try to make this out to be me as the bad guy. 

Quote:TMD messed with Karma by making light of 250 people losing their jobs by joking about an abundance of new job opportunities. I understand you sticking up for you, because you piled on his message with a "there you go!". What if a tender new reader was just laid off of their job for a similar offense? Who would they view as a phallus-head then?

250 lost their jobs. Do you have any idea what their grievance was? All we know is that they were sticking up for a co-worker who, coincidentally, was a union organizer. That should raise a red flag right there. Do you really think 250 people would be stupid enough to walk off their jobs for 90 minutes for something trivial? What might appear a cut and dried firing of people abandoning their jobs may be something completely understandable.

Please don't insult my intelligence by comparing bickering here with TMD to intimidating a new reader coming here for job search tips. He gives as good as he gets.

I didn't realize you WANTED to lower yourself down to the level you accuse TMD of. Sorry about that...please continue.

Quote:I didn't realize you WANTED to lower yourself down to the level you accuse TMD of. Sorry about that...please continue.

How, by responding to your post? I guess we all operate at that level then.

- Bob Marley

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014, 06:59 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Uh, no....

This wasn't a situation where people lost their jobs through no fault of their own.... 

Don't try to make this out to be me as the bad guy. 

Unless you know all the facts, you were just being a jerk who thought was being funny.

- Bob Marley

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014, 07:17 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Unless you know all the facts, you were just being a jerk who thought was being funny.

The facts are they left their posts/ duties unexcused. Thats grounds for termination. If I did the same thing at my job, I'd get fired too. 

Quote:How, by responding to your post? I guess we all operate at that level then.

Yeah...I'm talking about you responding to my post...yeah, that's it. Exactly. :confused:

Quote:How, by responding to your post? I guess we all operate at that level then.

Bchbunnie has lately decided to become the Moral Authority around here. Kind of out of the blue. I suspect due to solar flares.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Bchbunnie has lately decided to become the Moral Authority around here. Kind of out of the blue. I suspect due to solar flares.

more big hypocrisy. 

Quote:Bchbunnie has lately decided to become the Moral Authority around here. Kind of out of the blue. I suspect due to solar flares.

It's adorable when you try to get all clever and stuff. :thumbsup:

Quote:more big hypocrisy. 

Oh - well your opinion means everything to me.

Quote:Oh - well your opinion means everything to me.

I can tell...you followed me all the way over to this thread to reply to me. Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014, 08:38 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:I can tell...you followed me all the way over to this thread to reply to me. Big Grin

Have you been drinking? I responded to your new buddy, TMD.

Quote:Have you been drinking? I responded to your new buddy, TMD.

And you felt the need to bring me up in a post to him. Okay....

And TMD isn't a "new" buddy...we've been message board friends for years, just like I am with ALMOST everyone on here. Big Grin

Quote:And you felt the need to bring me up in a post to him. Okay....

And TMD isn't a "new" buddy...we've been message board friends for years, just like I am with ALMOST everyone on here. Big Grin

You may need to modify your intake. I referenced you in a post to rollerjag. I responded to TMD when he made one of his endless ironic posts (TMD talking about hypocrisy - the humor never ends). You were not mentioned at all.

Who is following whom? You seem particularly sensitive for some one who suggested to another that they need to get tougher, that perhaps a message board was not for them.

You may want to follow your own advice. (And when was I never friendly with you? You are the one who decided to be holier than thou. It's all on you.)