Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UPS Fires 250 Workers For Participating In Protest

Quote:And another thing, once you realize that it's not a RIGHT to work there, but a PRIVILEGE, maybe you'll start understanding..
This is what gets lost so often.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is what gets lost so often.
As it is to open a business, is it not?

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Thats a great assumption. Lets leave at this, there are some people I'd love to sit and have a beer with, discuss, debate and just shoot the breeze. There are other that I'd rather not, like weak kneed, selfish types who assume waaay too much, make generalzations and think only of themselves. You have zero sympathy for anyone except your chosen few, that, you've made clear. I can guarantee you, I have been in the work force longer than you, and can also guarantee you that you wouldnt be a co worker I'd want around me. You can say the same. 

As for privilege to work, there are also workers rights. You dont care about that as long as you can keep your nose up the bosses [BLEEP]. Collective bargaining vs Collective begging. Some lead, some follow. Some grovel and take what they can get. Others may fight to make things better...for themselves and their co workers, and ultimately their families. All their families. And when one family suffers, they all chip in, and not think, welp, not MY problem.

As for you privilege to work, its also a privilege and not a right for a company to have good workers. You have to earn those. In the end, when and if something happens to those like you on the job and theres no one to turn to, you can just look in the mirror, because goober smooching will only carry you so far.

We can discuss the economy as you mention, and why it is the way it is, but it may be a little too complex.

It's not about keeping your nose up the bosses rear end, it's about keeping your head down and doing your job that you're privileged to have.

A good co-worker walks off the job with you because of your pride? Well, I hope that co-worker gives you money to pay your bills, because you cant pay your bills and put food on the table with pride..

Yup.. ZERO sympathy.. I'm damn near 40 years old.. I've been there and done that.. I've walked off a job before because of my pride, apparently, you haven't.. It sucks because it does nothing but put you in a bind to find another job ASAP or you and your family "go without".. And I'm sorry, I'll NEVER put my family in that situation.. 

So when your electric gets shut off, and there's no food on the table for you and your family to eat, tell them about your pride, I'm sure that will fill a lot of tummies.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Thats a great assumption. Lets leave at this, there are some people I'd love to sit and have a beer with, discuss, debate and just shoot the breeze. There are other that I'd rather not, like weak kneed, selfish types who assume waaay too much, make generalzations and think only of themselves. You have zero sympathy for anyone except your chosen few, that, you've made clear. I can guarantee you, I have been in the work force longer than you, and can also guarantee you that you wouldnt be a co worker I'd want around me. You can say the same. 

As for privilege to work, there are also workers rights. You dont care about that as long as you can keep your nose up the bosses [BLEEP]. Collective bargaining vs Collective begging. Some lead, some follow. Some grovel and take what they can get. Others may fight to make things better...for themselves and their co workers, and ultimately their families. All their families. And when one family suffers, they all chip in, and not think, welp, not MY problem.

As for you privilege to work, its also a privilege and not a right for a company to have good workers. You have to earn those. In the end, when and if something happens to those like you on the job and theres no one to turn to, you can just look in the mirror, because goober smooching will only carry you so far.

We can discuss the economy as you mention, and why it is the way it is, but it may be a little too complex.

So in summary... Winger is a selfish, weak kneed, loser that you wouldn't want to have a beer with. :blink:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:So in summary... Winger is a selfish, weak kneed, loser that you wouldn't want to have a beer with. :blink:

Bunnie, I needz a hug.. My feelings are hurt  Sad

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 12:02 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: So psycho analyzing my true nature over a few posts on a message board is really reaching... 

Oh, but just when other people do it to you, right? When you do it, its ok. 

I thought we only had one Brian-like person on here. Seems we have several. 

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 11:59 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It's not about keeping your nose up the bosses rear end, it's about keeping your head down and doing your job that you're privileged to have.

A good co-worker walks off the job with you because of your pride? Well, I hope that co-worker gives you money to pay your bills, because you cant pay your bills and put food on the table with pride..

Yup.. ZERO sympathy.. I'm damn near 40 years old.. I've been there and done that.. I've walked off a job before because of my pride, apparently, you haven't.. It sucks because it does nothing but put you in a bind to find another job ASAP or you and your family "go without".. And I'm sorry, I'll NEVER put my family in that situation.. 

So when your electric gets shut off, and there's no food on the table for you and your family to eat, tell them about your pride, I'm sure that will fill a lot of tummies.. 

Truth :thumbsup: 

But Winger, I summize that Ringo will just go on at that point and blame someone else, though. Personal responsibility doesn't seem like it ranks high on his priority list. 

Quote:Bunnie, I needz a hug.. My feelings are hurt  Sad

Will one hug be okay, or should I gather up a team? :woot:

Quote:And another thing, once you realize that it's not a RIGHT to work there, but a PRIVILEGE, maybe you'll start understanding..

Quote:This is what gets lost so often.

Yup, its the growing "entitlement" mentality among a large portion of people in this country. Its a huge problem. 

Quote:Will one hug be okay, or should I gather up a team? :woot:

Team please, I know a couple others on here  Wink  Banana  :devil:

Quote:Team please, I know a couple others on here  Wink  Banana  :devil:

Never mind... :blink:

Tongue

Quote:Team please, I know a couple others on here  Wink  Banana  :devil:

Quote:Never mind... :blink:

Tongue

woosh @ me. 

Quote:Never mind... :blink:

Tongue

And I apologize in advance for my.... wandering hands.. Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 12:10 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:And I apologize in advance for my.... wandering hands.. Big Grin

I take back my "woosh"....

perv's, all of you!!! :woot: 

Probably one reason I got into to sales. The whole keep your head down, do as your told mentality just isn't something I could wrap my mind around. There are advantages to both, sales vs corporate work, but it is liberating to be your own boss.

In regards to this argument, I certainly see Ringo's point of view. And I have a lot of respect for it. These people stood up and did what they thought was right and put their jobs on the line to do it. That takes a lot of guts and courage. Others will say stupidity. But it is hard not to respect what they did. It was a selfless act for someone they obviously felt was wronged unfairly and unjustly. To me there just seems to be something we still don't know because 250 people risking their jobs for one person is not a small thing. That's really unheard of.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 01:04 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Probably one reason I got into to sales. The whole keep your head down, do as your told mentality just isn't something I could wrap my mind around. There are advantages to both, sales vs corporate work, but it is liberating to be your own boss.

In regards to this argument, I certainly see Ringo's point of view. And I have a lot of respect for it. These people stood up and did what they thought was right and put their jobs on the line to do it. That takes a lot of guts and courage. Others will say stupidity. But it is hard not to respect what they did. It was a selfless act for someone they obviously felt was wronged unfairly and unjustly. To me there just seems to be something we still don't know because 250 people risking their jobs for one person is not a small thing. That's really unheard of.

I have no problem with saying they had guts and courage to do what they did to stand up. They did.   ....just as long as they were willing to pay the potential consequences and at that point take responsibility for their own actions. 

But thats a baaaad term to a lot of people with this entitlement complex in America today....Personal responsibility/ accountability.....Ooooooooohhhhhh, baaaad!!!!  Always gotta be someone else's fault. Gotta have an excuse to be violent and aggressive!!!!

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 01:04 PM by WingerDinger.)

Quote:Probably one reason I got into to sales. The whole keep your head down, do as your told mentality just isn't something I could wrap my mind around. There are advantages to both, sales vs corporate work, but it is liberating to be your own boss.

If you live by yourself, and have no family financial responsibility, by all means, walk out.. If you have a family that's counting on your wage to supply clothing, food and electric, you swallow your pride and you do whats best for THEM, not your pride..

Quote:As it is to open a business, is it not?
People open a business so they control everything. Don't like what's going on, hit the bricks. Sadly in the litigious world we live in people have made it more difficult to completely run their business, hire who they want, and fire when they want.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I take back my "woosh"....

perv's, all of you!!! :woot:

Who said pervy is a bad thing? Big Grin

Quote:If you live by yourself, and have no family financial responsibility, by all means, walk out.. If you have a family that's counting on your wage to supply clothing, food and electric, you swallow your pride and you do whats best for THEM, not your pride..

I don't know the whole situation. And I don't know if I see it as a pride thing. They were doing something selfless and faced heavy consequences. And I certainly don't see it as black and white.