Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is Bortles good at?

I think there was a thread similar to this in the past.  But in light of recent events, I had to bring this back up.  We could discuss page after page of what is wrong with Bortles, but still, I think there are things Bortles does well, even now.

What I think Bortles is good at:

* Eye Level - Bortles is always looking down the field.  No matter how long the play, he is looking down the field to pass the ball.  Not all quarterbacks can do that.  He very often gets a pass off way after other quarterbacks may have already given up.  

* He can make multiple reads - Bortles is comfortable making multiple reads and swinging his head to find the next open receiver.

* He's fearless - He's pretty much as tough as a quarterback can be.

* Pocket presence - I've heard it said before that he has bad pocket presence.  I completely disagree.  This is one of his strengths in my opinion.

What Bortles sucks at:

I've said this before.  But it's all about his mechanics.  His mechanics are causing inaccuracy and are responsible for a good deal of his turnovers.  Many have pointed out decision making as a big problem too.  But I believe that his mechanics are making his decision making seem worse than it is.  

Honestly, when they drafted Bortles the first thing I said (actually on this very board) was that I was worried about his accuracy.  I don't know if you can fix this.  I just know it is worse that it was before, which proves it can at least be better.

So let me know if my assessment of the situation is completely garbage.  Because, at this point, we don't really have a replacement for Bortles.  We're just kind of stuck with whatever we can build on.   I'm not that optimistic.  But I think there is at least something.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Drinking.

Sucking

Making the Possible..... Impossible

running

taking sacks and not getting hurt

throwing on the run

He's really efficient at getting coaches fired.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Pick6, gotta give the man his due

Quote:Pick6, gotta give the man his due

Beat me to it.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Pick6, gotta give the man his due
Yeah he's got elite pick 6 skills.

He also does a impeccable Gabbert impression when the pocket collapses.

Quote:He also does a impeccable Gabbert impression when the pocket collapses.

Honestly that's what I was thinking on that sack towards the end of today's game.  But that is pretty uncharacteristic for Bortles.

Bortles is having his issues but he's a million times tougher than Gabbert.

future rogaine representative

He's got The Shocker down pat.

Cursing as he walks off the field

Quote:future rogaine representative
The stress is clearly affectin his hair line.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2016, 11:51 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

He's not good at anything with these stats.  He should have been fired also.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
12/28 92 3.3 0 1 2-9 12.9 36.6

Quote:future rogaine representative

He might be slightly ahead of Andrew Luck, but not by much.  

His throwing motion looks like he's trying to throw a frozen turkey so if they change the football to that we could have the next Tom Brady.

1) Friar hair style

2) Pick 6's
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.