Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
David Letterman Retiring

Quote:Stephen Colbert announced as replacement for Letterman.

https://twitter.com/CBSTweet/status/454289049344176128

I think that's a huge get for CBS, Colbert is actually pretty funny.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I thought Dave retired years ago?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I really like Colbert. I'm glad to hear he got it. I will be dvr'ing it when he takes over. I already Dvr the colbert report. I, sure others won't be quite as happy as me about it. But he has stated he won't do the new show in character.

Quote:Stephen Colbert announced as replacement for Letterman.

https://twitter.com/CBSTweet/status/454289049344176128

I like this. It will be interesting to see what direction the show takes.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 09:15 PM by Jagbuck.)

Hopefully it will not be a continual bash-fest like he does now.

Quote:I really like Colbert. I'm glad to hear he got it. I will be dvr'ing it when he takes over. I already Dvr the colbert report. I, sure others won't be quite as happy as me about it. But he has stated he won't do the new show in character.

I've never seen him out of character will be interesting to see. So long as he keeps his sarcasm I'm sure it'll be funny, he does satire better then anyone
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Who is David Letterman and Steven Colbert?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I've never seen him out of character will be interesting to see. So long as he keeps his sarcasm I'm sure it'll be funny, he does satire better then anyone

The ONLy time I have seen him out of character was when he did that oprah thing where she went out to his in laws house and interviewd him. Seeing him in character for so long then watching that was weird. Definitely not as funny as seen on his show now. I was hoping he'd be in character taking over the late show, but oh well.

Colbert is hilarious and a great choice. 

I thought Chris Rock might be a good choice also. His HBO show was great but his star has faded a bit in recent years.

I’m a faithful viewer of the Daily Show and the Colbert Report and while I’m very happy for Colbert getting the big call up I’m sad this also means the likely end of him in his current character.  

I’m also now wondering who can take that 11:30 time slot on CC.

# EVEN IF HE'S RELEASED

Quote:I’m a faithful viewer of the Daily Show and the Colbert Report and while I’m very happy for Colbert getting the big call up I’m sad this also means the likely end of him in his current character.  

I agree. It's somewhat bittersweet but a move was inevitable.

Quote:I’m a faithful viewer of the Daily Show and the Colbert Report and while I’m very happy for Colbert getting the big call up I’m sad this also means the likely end of him in his current character.  

Whoever takes over the 1130 slot will have huge shoes to fill. I only watched the colbert report ( I just didn't find Stewart to be that funny). I'm really bummed it won't be in character. But then again, him being in character saying some of the stuff he does on CC wouldn't fly on CBS.

Quote:Whoever takes over the 1130 slot will have huge shoes to fill. I only watched the colbert report ( I just didn't find Stewart to be that funny). I'm really bummed it won't be in character. But then again, him being in character saying some of the stuff he does on CC wouldn't fly on CBS.

I think Stewart is funny but the correspondents are not the quality they used to be. And the best one, John Oliver, they lost to HBO.

Will he be as funny out of character?  Then again he can't be any worse than Fallon and Kimmel. 

Quote:Will he be as funny out of character?  Then again he can't be any worse than Fallon and Kimmel.
I think those who watch him regularly may be a little disappointed. If the late show writers are the ones writing the jokes then i would think it would be just Colbert delivering the old routine. If he can bring in his writers on the Colbert Report, then that would change everything.

I hope he brings along some of his stuff he does on the current show. I love the "better know a district" but they do. I think Colbert is great when conducting his interviews.

Quote:I think those who watch him regularly may be a little disappointed. If the late show writers are the ones writing the jokes then i would think it would be just Colbert delivering the old routine. If he can bring in his writers on the Colbert Report, then that would change everything.

I hope he brings along some of his stuff he does on the current show. I love the "better know a district" but they do. I think Colbert is great when conducting his interviews.

I am certain he will bring his own writers and staff. He will probably eventually follow Letterman's lead and create his own production company, if he hasn't already.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I am certain he will bring his own writers and staff. He will probably eventually follow Letterman's lead and create his own production company, if he hasn't already.

I don't know how the tv world goes, if that is the way it goes, then I am even more excited about it.