Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chick-Fil-A Takes Over KFC As Chicken King

Quote:Your welcome.

What about it?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What about it?
You're Smile

How's that?

Quote:You're Smile

How's that?

I'm smiling now?!?!

I'm so confused ...

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'm smiling now?!?!

I'm so confused ...
Just Eet Mor Chikin.

Quote:I'm smiling now?!?!

I'm so confused ...

Just look in the mirror. That should answer your question.

All I saw there was some handsome devil with a gleam in his eye.

Quote:All I saw there was some handsome devil with a gleam in his eye.
Did this mirror have curtains? I'm wondering if maybe you were just looking out a window.

Either way, sounds like you know what you like to look for in a guy. Jk

Quote:Unless you have a monopoly.  Hi Comcast!
True to an extent. However, they do have competition in that people can go to other venues for everything Comcast offers. Television, internet, phone, and home security. I am by no means an apologist for Comcast though. I have their services, but could see myself changing as well. I think if enough people did leave Comcast, changes would happen. That supports the free market model.

So your answer is both true and not true.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:True to an extent. However, they do have competition in that people can go to other venues for everything Comcast offers. Television, internet, phone, and home security. I am by no means an apologist for Comcast though. I have their services, but could see myself changing as well. I think if enough people did leave Comcast, changes would happen. That supports the free market model.

So your answer is both true and not true.
I only have comcrap for internet. They are the only ones that want to provide me with NASA speed internet. All my other options are terrible. But I refuse to use their phone and tv services.

Quote:I only have comcrap for internet. They are the only ones that want to provide me with NASA speed internet. All my other options are terrible. But I refuse to use their phone and tv services.
Which perfectly makes my point.

You begrudgingly pay for what you want, but will not pay for those things which you have deemed not worthy of your money. Just as there is no competition for the speed of Comcast Internet, apparently, there is no competition for the Chickfila product on their level. It's all relative, you know.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Which perfectly makes my point.

You begrudgingly pay for what you want, but will not pay for those things which you have deemed not worthy of your money. Just as there is no competition for the speed of Comcast Internet, apparently, there is no competition for the Chickfila product on their level. It's all relative, you know.

Except you can make chicken nuggets at home. You can't make your own utilities in your kitchen.

Capitalism is still the best system, but it does require a bit of regulation.

Quote:Except you can make chicken nuggets at home. You can't make your own utilities in your kitchen.

Capitalism is still the best system, but it does require a bit of regulation.
Utilities really don't affect anything. Nobody makes you buy cable, internet, or even electricity and other utilities for that matter. If you choose not to buy them, you don't. If enough people choose not to buy, then the laws of capitalism say that the provider will change until people start buying again. Utilities are not exempt. They may be harder to make fit the equation, but the fact is that they still do. They fall under the laws of capitalism perfectly.

Quote:Neither are that good imo, KFC taste like they threw a wet salty napkin on their meat and fried it, and CFA is what I assume eating drywall is like.   

This.

KFC is full of salt. It was so bad for me I took a bite into one of their breast and I had to drink 2 bottles of water just to flush the sodium out.

CFA has a high sodium content as well, they present their product more better consistently. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Utilities really don't affect anything. Nobody makes you buy cable, internet, or even electricity and other utilities for that matter. If you choose not to buy them, you don't. If enough people choose not to buy, then the laws of capitalism say that the provider will change until people start buying again. Utilities are not exempt. They may be harder to make fit the equation, but the fact is that they still do. They fall under the laws of capitalism perfectly.

Nice try - but fail.

Utilities are exempt. About one hundred years ago it was determined that once a service became a virtual necessity - i.e., utilities - they would not be treated as most services are under capitalism. Thus we have regulatory agencies involving utilities.

I wouldn't be surprised that at some point in the future high-speed internet joins the group of "utilities" and is controlled and regulated by government, within a generally capitalist framework. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I only have comcrap for internet. They are the only ones that want to provide me with NASA speed internet. All my other options are terrible. But I refuse to use their phone and tv services.

AT&T's internet sucks...but its free through the spouses work, so I'm sticking with free.

kfc is way over priced, I wish we could get pollo loco around here

Quote:kfc is way over priced, I wish we could get pollo loco around here

We had it here years ago...it closed up.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:We had it here years ago...it closed up.

Never ever heard of pollo loco. 

its popular on the west coast, I eat there a lot when im in san diego

Quote:KFC here at the beach on 3rd st. closed because it sucked so bad. There is a Starbucks in the building now.

That place was nasty.  I'd only stop there for their mashed potatoes and gravy then get my chicken from Publix.