Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chick-Fil-A Takes Over KFC As Chicken King

Quote:Well, how was it? Need salt?

No...the salt from my tears of pain took care of that!! Tongue
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yes, the one that use to be in Mandarin is also the one I was nearest to as well. There also use to be one in PVB right when you come off of JTB at A1A.

What was told to me was that McDonalds owned a part of Boston Market and when they sold off their portion they were able to keep some stores to convert them to McDonalds. This sounds right since I’ve seen several former Boston Markets in places like Tallahassee, Orlando, and Atlanta become McDonalds. It sucks that they took all of ours in this area.

A manager at the Ormond Beach Boston Market told me late last year they were looking for locations to come back into the Jax market in 2015 possibly. I really hope so.
What a travesty...all of them becoming McDs...

I hope 2015 works out!

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:What a travesty...all of them becoming McDs...

I hope 2015 works out!

No kidding....Boston Market is leaps and bounds better food than McD;s . 

Quote:If someone sells a product or service and consumers aren't forced to buy it, the laws of capitalism are in play.  Then again, on second thought....

I see you didn't bother to follow along, so my only response will be that you should try to respond in a way that makes sense to the conversation. Not that I bother to read much of your stuff, but you did reply to me. Maybe you should sit this one out. Smile

You that thick? Yeah, I guess so. Think everyone else is as well? You probably do.

Consumers are required to buy utilities, that's the whole point of why they are regulated.

But go ahead, assume the others that bother to read your stuff never got past the eighth grade. You'll be on a similar level.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:You that thick? Yeah, I guess so. Think everyone else is as well? You probably do.

Consumers are required to buy utilities, that's the whole point of why they are regulated.

But go ahead, assume the others that bother to read your stuff never got past the eighth grade. You'll be on a similar level.
Zing.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:You that thick? Yeah, I guess so. Think everyone else is as well? You probably do.

Who's forcing you to buy utilities? Plenty of folks in this country living off the grid.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Who's forcing you to buy utilities? Plenty of folks in this country living off the grid.

.0001%?

Huh

Quote:Who's forcing you to buy utilities? Plenty of folks in this country living off the grid.

C'mon. Stop pretending. Plenty of people? Really? Oh, I forgot, it's still 1830.

Quote:C'mon. Stop pretending. Plenty of people? Really? Oh, I forgot, it's still 1830.
Point remains, nobody is forcing you to buy utilities.

Oh yeah, the subject. KFC sucks.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Point remains, nobody is forcing you to buy utilities.

Oh yeah, the subject. KFC sucks.

You try living in Florida without air conditioning.

And yes, KFC does suck.

Quote:You try living in Florida without air conditioning.

And yes, KFC does suck.
Plenty of people before you did....

Agreed

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I wouldn't say KFC "sucks". Is there better fried chicken out there? Yes. Are some KFC's better than others? This seems certain. But I know this too - sometimes theres nothing better than going into my fridge after I recently purchased a bucket of KFC fried chicken and digging in, especially after a night out having some beverages of my choice.... :yes: 

Quote:C'mon. Stop pretending. Plenty of people? Really? Oh, I forgot, it's still 1830.

Even if just one, his point stands. No one is forced to buy utilities. 
A better argument from your point of view is that utilities are given a monopoly by the government, and thus there is no free market in them.

On the original topic, I didn't like the waffle fries at CFA and never went back. Malabar Jr. and Mrs. Malabar like CFA though. I get most of my fried chicken from Publix, and prefer Hardees over KFC.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Even if just one, his point stands. No one is forced to buy utilities. 
A better argument from your point of view is that utilities are given a monopoly by the government, and thus there is no free market in them.

On the original topic, I didn't like the waffle fries at CFA and never went back. Malabar Jr. and Mrs. Malabar like CFA though. I get most of my fried chicken from Publix, and prefer Hardees over KFC.

I love me some waffle fries from CFA. 

I'm guessing they are probably better for you than whats sold at some other fast food joints. Relatively speaking, I know.... (all fries are bad) before someone chirps in with that. 

Quote:Even if just one, his point stands. No one is forced to buy utilities. 

Well, we can go around and around in circles if you want - but utilities are a government monopoly because they are vital to a modern functioning economy/society. Because they are so vital, and cost intensive, the government is not going to allow them to be controlled by capitalists.

And yes, people certainly lived in Florida before air conditioning - when Florida was sparsely populated and houses were built much differently.

Those days are long gone. John Gorrie helped build modern Florida.

Quote:Well, we can go around and around in circles if you want - but utilities are a government monopoly because they are vital to a modern functioning economy/society. Because they are so vital, and cost intensive, the government is not going to allow them to be controlled by capitalists.

And yes, people certainly lived in Florida before air conditioning - when Florida was sparsely populated and houses were built much differently.

Those days are long gone. John Gorrie helped build modern Florida.

Interestingly the utilities are a free market in Europe. The actual grid is heavily regulated though.

"No one is forced into buying utilities" is the most misleading and naive argument  in this thread. In fact, arguing this point as if we are in a pure free market economy is pretty funny.

Never mind the tentative connection to chicken.

Back on topic, does Hardees still serve fried chicken? When I lived in Jacksonville, my favorite places to get fried chicken were Publix, Hardees and Popeye's. I began to wonder about the size of the chicken breasts in all of these places. If you have ever raised chickens, you have to know that they do not naturally get that big. Then I saw Food, Inc. and their expose on genetically altered chickens with breasts so big they have trouble standing upright. Here's a graphic depiction:

[Image: foodinc2.jpg]

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014, 06:00 PM by MalabarJag.)

It looks like that chicken on the right swallowed a balloon. The feathers seem a lot more fluffed too. I haven't noticed chicken breasts getting larger in the last 30 years. Probably most of the increase was 1950-1980. EDIT: a second look at the sizes of the head and feet makes me believe that most of the increase is just because the chicken on the right was closer to the camera.

I haven't been to Hardees since I moved to Sanford in 2011. I can't imagine that they stopped selling chicken. Much better (and cheaper) than KFC.

Here in Sanford we have Lee's, which (according to Malabar Jr.) was a partner who split from KFC. They have the original original recipe there. Good, but expensive.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:"No one is forced into buying utilities" is the most misleading and naive argument  in this thread. In fact, arguing this point as if we are in a pure free market economy is pretty funny.
It's good to see the two of you falling over each other in an effort to discredit what I said. You both have still failed to do so. There is no JEA jail for people who don't wish to buy utilities.

Whether people are or are not likely to do so has nothing to do with anything I said. If you can't comprehend the point, perhaps you shouldn't try to refute it.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:It looks like that chicken on the right swallowed a balloon. The feathers seem a lot more fluffed too. I haven't noticed chicken breasts getting larger in the last 30 years. Probably most of the increase was 1950-1980. EDIT: a second look at the sizes of the head and feet makes me believe that most of the increase is just because the chicken on the right was closer to the camera.

I haven't been to Hardees since I moved to Sanford in 2011. I can't imagine that they stopped selling chicken. Much better (and cheaper) than KFC.

Here in Sanford we have Lee's, which (according to Malabar Jr.) was a partner who split from KFC. They have the original original recipe there. Good, but expensive.

Yeah, right. It's a faked photo.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Check around the 1:20 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enwU5jIXSlU

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]