Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where will Denard Robinson fit in the Jags Offense?

I realize we wont. But if we cut him and he ends up the next great qb. It be sad.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I realize we wont. But if we cut him and he ends up the next great qb. It be sad.

I wouldn't worry about that.
;

;

Quote:I hate when they tell fast/ quick guys to add weight.

All that seems to do is negate their best attribute without making much of a difference, otherwise.

What examples do you have?
;

;

I think he'll be fine. I can't comprehend these people who are writing him off so quickly.

I was hoping he would be our Sproles personally...some carries each game...some catches...plays to get him out in space...I think he could be a nightmare of a matchup if used right...

Quote:They just signed FA RB Toby Gerhart and they have Jordan Toddman, so with that being said I really have know idea where D. Rob will fit at RB...
On the bench, where he belongs.  Especially if they draft a RB in the middle rounds.

Remember how Cecil Shorts III struggled in his rookie year after flashing in rookie camp?  Then in Year 2 he was hugely improved.  Robinson has a chance to take that kind of leap, because he's always had talent - that didn't go away last year.  He's got another gear if he can get to the 2nd level.  He just struggled learning all the nuances of playing the pro game, and it severely limited his opportunities.  He was thinking too much and his talent never had much of a chance to show itself.  He'll have a second training camp and lots of opportunities in the preseason to show that the ball control issues are solved.

I'm pulling for him.  What a nice change of pace he'd make, with Toby being a more move-the-chains kinda guy.  If a bulked-up D-Rob can still be a home run threat, he could have some good years in the league. 

Quote:I was hoping he would be our Sproles personally...some carries each game...some catches...plays to get him out in space...I think he could be a nightmare of a matchup if used right...

I wouldn't be surprised if that's where they work him in this season.  I think fans should have patience for him.  It may take another season or even a bit longer as long as he's progressing.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if that's where they work him in this season.  I think fans should have patience for him.  It may take another season or even a bit longer as long as he's progressing.

I agree...as long as he is not taking up a spot for a better player I say keep him at least through his rookie contract to see what he offers...of course he will need a creative OC to get him open...and I am liking what I saw from Jed last year...with a better QB and more talent he could be a very good OC.

Robinson'n nitch will be his vision of running... He has that It Factor that most great runners has. Now I'm not proclaiming that he'll be a great runner but he does have that Barry Sanderish ability to make you "Whiff"... If he proves to be able to handle the added weight he'll definately be on the team and potentially be the back-up/change of pace runner to Gerheart...

Here's to to Wishing...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I can't comprehend these people who are writing him off so quickly.

SAD...So Sad...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I realize we wont. But if we cut him and he ends up the next great qb. It be sad.

Yeah...No.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I hate when they tell fast/ quick  guys to add weight. 

All that seems to do is negate their best attribute without making much of a difference, otherwise. 
He didn't add the weight on over night. Hes slowly added on the weight the right way, over time. There's no reason why he'll lose all of his speed just because he has put on 10-20 pounds over months and months. I highly doubt he's just sitting on his couch slamming cheese burgers to gain weight.

TMD logic: Complain when small players are too small, complain when small players get bigger.

Anyways though Denard will be getting more carries than Gerhart by week 11 and he will enter the year as the #2 RB.

Quote:TMD logic: Complain when small players are too small, complain when small players get bigger.

Anyways though Denard will be getting more carries than Gerhart by week 11 and he will enter the year as the #2 RB.

What makes you think this?  Gerhart has shown the ability to be the primary back...even though in limited action...Denard to this point has shown nothing really but that he can't hold on to the ball.

I never see Denard as the primary back...to me he will be best served in that sproles type roll...a handful of carries...a hand full of catches...work him to get mismatches to let him have a chance to make a play...I just never see him as a run between the tackles 20 - 25 carries a game back.

I think DR's role will evolve as the season wears on.  If he can prove he's cured the dropsies and develops field awareness, his speed and weight gain will be used more often.

Quote:I've tried to stress this over and over, but he needs to learn how to hold onto the ball. I hope he reached out to some veterans who have corrected their issues in the past, like Tiki.

Yes that too

Gerhart's ability to be an Long Term featured RB is at this point no better than Robinson's. Sure Gerhart plays at his natual position while Robinson is learning the position sort of speaking...

If Robinson can make that significant step forward as an NFL RB he and Gerhart may become "Salt-N-Pepper"...

"Salt-N-Pepper"...

I Like That...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I think DR's role will evolve as the season wears on.  If he can prove he's cured the dropsies and develops field awareness, his speed and weight gain will be used more often.

Taking care of The Rock has to be his #1 priority...

It's a Must...

NH3...
"AZANE"

It might of been mentioned already,but I read where DR asked Gus "what do I need to do" at the end of the season.Gus said something like focus on running back.DR was 197 then and is up to 212.We may see a much improved DR this season and could be a potential star.Yes,ball security will need to be a priority and catching the screen passes and such.

But with his speed and the increased  bulk,he could be a potent "weapon".