Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where will Denard Robinson fit in the Jags Offense?

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2014, 10:42 PM by SuperJville.)

Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if that's where they work him in this season.  I think fans should have patience for him.  It may take another season or even a bit longer as long as he's progressing.

Why should he have that luxury?  He's taking up a valuable roster spot if he plays like he did this past year.  He's a 5th round pick...  he should get a lot of playing time in pre-season to prove he can do more than fumble the ball.

He needs to take HUGE steps forward in his game if he's going to make the roster.

I think he can, and I'm rooting for him.  

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They'll dial up a couple of gadget plays for him and give him 5 or 6 carries with some creative blocking to give him a little bit of space (where he's dangerous.)

Todman will be the "spellback" and Robinson the "change-of-pace-guy."  
Couldn't have said it better myself 

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2014, 02:36 AM by Predator.)

Quote:Why should he have that luxury?  He's taking up a valuable roster spot if he plays like he did this past year.  He's a 5th round pick...  he should get a lot of playing time in pre-season to prove he can do more than fumble the ball.

He needs to take HUGE steps forward in his game if he's going to make the roster.

Because he was drafted as a project. That's why he will have the luxury. You don't cut project players after their rookie year. It negates the whole purpose of drafting him in the first place.

He would have to take a huge step backwards not to make the roster.

As long as he continues to develop, they will give him at least 3 seasons. If he doesn't start making an impact by his third season,then I could see them cutting ties with him.

Quote: 

I'm pretty sure taking a step backwards is nearly impossible.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I think he could battle with Toddman for the backup spot. DR was surprisingly decent at running between the tackles.

Quote:Why should he have that luxury?  He's taking up a valuable roster spot if he plays like he did this past year.  He's a 5th round pick...  he should get a lot of playing time in pre-season to prove he can do more than fumble the ball.

Bingo.  He will be just like anyone else and given a chance to compete.  He has one full season behind him.  IF he gets beaten out then he should be cut because he is not better.  The worst aspect of his game is his fumbling. If he can't correct that he is useless.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

When a team gives up on an second year player that says alot about the team's selection process not the player. Robinson has tremendous talents while playing out of position. He MUST be given the opportunity/time to truly show that he can/will be a asset to the team.

"Patience is A Virtue"...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Because he was drafted as a project. That's why he will have the luxury. You don't cut project players after their rookie year. It negates the whole purpose of drafting him in the first place.

As long as he continues to develop, they will give him at least 3 seasons. If he doesn't start making an impact by his third season,then I could see them cutting ties with him.

Well Said...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I've tried to stress this over and over, but he needs to learn how to hold onto the ball.  I hope he reached out to some veterans who have corrected their issues in the past, like Tiki.

I understand your point, but I don't want young, impressionable Robinson getting any kind of advice from Tiki Barber. Just hire his Running Backs coach, but keep him away from Tiki Barber!!!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I understand your point, but I don't want young, impressionable Robinson getting any kind of advice from Tiki Barber. Just hire his Running Backs coach, but keep him away from Tiki Barber!!!

Fair enough, but there is an entire list of running backs who struggled holding onto the ball until they got help.

As far as Denard taking a step back, well he could land on IR pretty quick if Todman and Gerhart prove productive.  It's not really Gene Smith thinking that leads me to that, but look at how it worked out at tackle for us last year.  GM's tend to shelf a player if they believe if it's a win-win. 

Quote:Fair enough, but there is an entire list of running backs who struggled holding onto the ball until they got help.

As far as Denard taking a step back, well he could land on IR pretty quick if Todman and Gerhart prove productive.  It's not really Gene Smith thinking that leads me to that, but look at how it worked out at tackle for us last year.  GM's tend to shelf a player if they believe if it's a win-win.

Not agreeing w/this sentiment...

Joeckel broke his leg last year to which he was relegated to I.R.

Legitiment...

Legit I Say... LEGIT...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2014, 09:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/4/3/55...nning-back

Second-year running back Denard Robinson has added 15 pounds to his frame, which should go a long way in him settling in at the RB position.

"I think he's up to 212 pounds and he came to us at 197," Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley told the media at NFL owner's meetings. "He has taken a different approach. He's coming in to get ready and he understands he's a running back."

I think we can all agree now the answer is the starter, no?

Quote:I hate when they tell fast/ quick  guys to add weight. 

All that seems to do is negate their best attribute without making much of a difference, otherwise. 
Oh my god, TMD was wrong about something?

Quote:I think we can all agree now the answer is the starter, no?

At the very least the "chairman" of a committee situation. I'm all for getting him 15+ touches per game. 

Didn't realize the date I thought these comments were made after his performance today

Quote:they called Michael Jordan "his airness" because he can jump! they called Michael Irvin "the play maker" because he made plays... why do they call D-Rob "shoelace" if he doesnt where any?? lol ... that has always puzzeled me .

Because "lace less shoes" just doesn't sound right.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Didn't realize the date I thought these comments were made after his performance today
Ha ha ha, laughing at you, ha ha ha!

you really bumped this?