Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching Candidates

Quote:Report: Broncos job offer expected for Vance Joseph

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/11/report-broncos-job-offer-expected-for-vance-joseph/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/11/report-broncos-job-offer-expected-for-vance-joseph/</a>

It's looking more likely that Kyle Shanahan won't be getting a HC job this year, though the 49ers situation is cloudy at best in terms of what direction they are going in.

I said in another post, but shanny and McDaniels have been passed on again. interesting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I said in another post, but shanny and McDaniels have been passed on again. interesting.

At the very least,  they are running out of NFL HC options for 2017.   The Chargers haven't shown any interest in them,  as Anthony Lynn is the only Offensive side of the ball coach they have interviewed.   The Rams and 49ers are currently the only possibilities for them.    Other than Sean McVay having a 2nd interview with the Rams, it's difficult to gauge who either of those two teams is seriously interested in.   The 49ers also need to fill their GM position,  which further complicates things for the 49ers.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 11:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Im wondering if those guys wouldnt commit and teams didnt want to wait?

Quote:Im wondering if those guys wouldnt commit and teams didnt want to wait?

That's definitely a possibility.  

For every team like the Falcons that waited until after the Super Bowl two seasons ago to have Dan Quinn's services,  many, many more teams aren't winning to wait that long for their new HC.

I see McDaniels going to the niners and shanty going to the Chargers. I have no info regarding either of those things happening so just my guess

Schefter just reported that mcvay to the rams is a done deal. Yikes.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

@bradwellsnfl Source: Jon Gruden has been approached regarding the Colts head coach job, which is still Chuck Pagano's. Gruden is interested in the job.

Ummmmm

Quote: That's definitely a possibility.

For every team like the Falcons that waited until after the Super Bowl two seasons ago to have Dan Quinn's services, many, many more teams aren't winning to wait that long for their new HC.

If Shannahan doesn't get a job this year how bad must he be at interviewing? Seems like every year he's a top guy.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:If Shannahan doesn't get a job this year how bad must he be at interviewing? Seems like every year he's a top guy.

Another possibility is at least some NFL organizations don't want Mike Shanahan around,  which is something that could easily happen if Kyle Shanahan is hired as their HC.

Quote:I see McDaniels going to the niners and shanny going to the Chargers. I have no info regarding either of those things happening so just my guess

Killed it

Quote:Killed it

The Josh McDaniels to the 49ers part of the equation seems like a very realistic possibility.   The question becomes will they be willing to wait until after the Super Bowl to hire him?

Greg Olson is on the Bills Offensive Coordinator opening radar screen;

Report: Brad Childress, Greg Olson offensive coordinator candidates in Buffalo

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...n-buffalo/

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2017, 02:32 PM by ColoJag.)

Quote: The Josh McDaniels to the 49ers part of the equation seems like a very realistic possibility. The question becomes will they be willing to wait until after the Super Bowl to hire him?

The top 2 candidates for them have to be McDaniels and Shanny and both are in there respective championship games. I mean based off who they have interviewed it has to be one of them right? Also, idk if you know this D6 but could they hire them during ProBowl week if the falcons and or Patriots made it to the super bowl or is that more of a don't want a distraction situation?

Quote:  Another possibility is at least some NFL organizations don't want Mike Shanahan around,  which is something that could easily happen if Kyle Shanahan is hired as their HC.

It's also widely reported that Kyle comes across as very arrogant. Many owners/gms would see that as immature.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:The top 2 candidates for them have to be McDaniels and Shanny and both are in there respective championship games. I mean based off who they have interviewed it has to be one of them right? Also, idk if you know this D6 but could they hire them during ProBowl week if the falcons and or Patriots made it to the super bowl or is that more of a don't want a distraction situation?

ColoJag,  a current Assistant Coach can't formally/ technically be hired by another team as HC until their season is over.    That didn't stop the Falcons and Dan Quinn to come to an informal agreement two years ago.   With staff hirings taking place before Quinn's season with the Falcons is over.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dan-q...red-012015

If a team reaches the Super Bowl,   I believe a 2nd interview can take place in the first few days that follow the Conference Championship games.

Quote:It's also widely reported that Kyle comes across as very arrogant. Many owners/gms would see that as immature.

That would turn me off if in the position of an NFL owner or GM.   The HC has many roles that he won't effective be able to handle if arrogance is to the point that these reports are describing.