Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching Candidates

Matt Patricia​ would be my #1 choice. Look at how many different def players the Pats have every year and they always seem to put it together.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Matt Patricia​ would be my #1 choice. Look at how many different def players the Pats have every year and they always seem to put it together.
Look at how many different assistant coaches they have had and they still seem to put it together, regardless of the players that play for them.

No thanks to Patricia. Pass.

Quote:Matt Patricia​ would be my #1 choice. Look at how many different def players the Pats have every year and they always seem to put it together.

That should be your first clue that Belichick, not Patricia, is the real brains of the operation.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

My list is

1) Mike Smith

2) Todd Haley

3) Dave Toub

4) Teryl Austin

5) Coughlin

6) Mcdaniels

Quote:Coughlin, Smith, or McDaniels.

Caldwell has ties to Smith in Atlanta so I'd be shocked if he wasnt the guy.

Lol, the love for Smith is absurd. It would be like hiring Bradleys twin.

Quote:My list is

1) Mike Smith

2) Todd Haley

3) Dave Toub

4) Teryl Austin

5) Coughlin

6) Mcdaniels

Lol with Mike Smith being your top choice. Mediocrity at its finest.

Quote:Lol with Mike Smith being your top choice. Mediocrity at its finest.
You understand that from where we are mediocrity would be a great improvement, don't you?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:Lol with Mike Smith being your top choice. Mediocrity at its finest.

Who's your top 3 my man

Quote:Lol, the love for Smith is absurd. It would be like hiring Bradleys twin.

First of all that is not my list of preferred coaches, that's who I think the candidates will be.

Second of all, LOL at comparing a former coach of the year with Bradley.

The Derp is strong this morning.

Quote:Lol, the love for Smith is absurd. It would be like hiring Bradleys twin.
Yes, a coach who took his team to the playoff multiple years in a row and has a winning % of .589 is definitely a Bradley twin.....

I don't think Bklyn knows who Mike Smith is.

Quote:How is it that people forget the salary cap hell Coughlin put this team through? Not to mention his shaky track record in the draft after 1998? His strength is as a coach, not a front office guy.

Not something I forgot about, but TC is the type to learn from his mistakes and adjust accordingly. Plus, he wouldn't be negotiating any contracts. Coughlin has a great eye for talent and developing talent, and is a brilliant football mind. And he has a lot of connections, which would allow for a complete culture change with a lot of brilliant minds on the football side. I'd prefer Coughlin pick the coach rather than Caldwell, and Caldwell needs someone overseeing him throughout free agency and the draft. Caldwell hasn't done any better than Coughlin did as GM, anyways.

That's if Caldwell is truly kept. I think Coughlin should be brought in to decide that.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I wouldn't be worried about bortles, he has one more year and if he doesn't show significant improvement he's gone. The new coach won't be tied to him and if Caldwell is smart he won't mandate that he needs to be the starter either

This is what worries me now. Caldwell is most likely going to mandate exactly that. Another reason to have a football ops guy.
No commercial messages in sigs

Surprised I have never heard this before, but Hicken just stated that Dave Caldwell and Josh McDaniels went to college together. I looked it up and sure enough they both played and went to school together at John Carroll.

Quote:Who's your top 3 my man
That's the best part.

He rips people for liking Smith but can't seem to come up with a thought for himself.

Quote: Caldwell is most likely going to mandate exactly that.

Nothing personal, but I see this assumption as unwise.  

If Caldwell is dumb enough not to give a new HC more options than just "fix Bortles" then he should be gone right now alongside Bradley. 

I don't think Caldwell is that dumb. 

Quote:That's the best part.

He rips people for liking Smith but can't seem to come up with a thought for himself.
When your schtick is bad-mouthing everything it's hard to list things you deem worthy of respect. 

Quote:This is what worries me now. Caldwell is most likely going to mandate exactly that. Another reason to have a football ops guy.
I actually don't see that at all.

Caldwell doesn't strike me as a dumb person. He knows how bad Blake has played this year and I'm sure he will look at every option this year. I think he will also tell the new coach that they should start whomever they believe gives the team the best chance to win. We don't have any money really locked up in Blake so it would be easy to move on.

Quote:That's the best part.

He said on twitter he would like to bring in Scott Linehan as HC...you know that guy that was 11-25 as a HC with the Rams...mediocrity hmm

Quote:Nothing personal, but I see this assumption as unwise.  

If Caldwell is dumb enough not to give a new HC more options than just "fix Bortles" then he should be gone right now alongside Bradley. 

I don't think Caldwell is that dumb. 

Yup. I think Dave knows that his job depends on whoever the new HC and his QB (Blake or otherwise). If he misses on one of them, chances are he's done.