Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching Candidates

Quote:That's the best part.

He rips people for liking Smith but can't seem to come up with a thought for himself.

Um, its quite obvious. Mike Smith is not a disciplinarian, too much of a players coach just like Gus. Mike Smith also had Matt Ryan at Quarterback.

My top 5 in order

1. Kyle Shanahan

2. Josh Mcdaniels

3. Sean Payton

4. Scott Linehan

5. Jim Schwartz.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When your schtick is bad-mouthing everything it's hard to list things you deem worthy of respect.

Wrong. This team deserves nothing but negativity with the product they put on the field.

Quote:Nothing personal, but I see this assumption as unwise.

If Caldwell is dumb enough not to give a new HC more options than just "fix Bortles" then he should be gone right now alongside Bradley.

I don't think Caldwell is that dumb.

Sure hope you are right. That is just my gut feeling, #becausejaguars. I think Caldwell is smart, too, and I think he sees Bortles struggling. Is he willing to admit he whiffed? I don't know, Gus was given two years too long.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Um, its quite obvious. Mike Smith is not a disciplinarian, too much of a players coach just like Gus. Mike Smith also had Matt Ryan at Quarterback.

My top 5 in order

1. Kyle Shanahan

2. Josh Mcdaniels

3. Sean Payton

4. Scott Linehan

5. Jim Schwartz.

A highly touted coordinator like Gus was or a guy that traded a prime Cutler whrn he was good and Bmarsh while taking Teboe round 1 AND having the entire locker room chasing him out of town when he left?

Yeah, but Mike Smith having 5 straight seasons of 9 wins or better and being a top level DC here and in TB is such a Gus Bradley twin.

You seriously just throw crap at a wall and hope it sticks while knowing nothing. Congrats.

Quote:Sure hope you are right. That is just my gut feeling, #becausejaguars. I think Caldwell is smart, too, and I think he sees Bortles struggling. Is he willing to admit he whiffed? I don't know, Gus was given two years too long.
It's just my gut feeling as well, and yes, let's hope I'm not giving him too much credit. 

If he limits his coaching candidates by only hiring one that will sign up for starting Bortles, then I rescind all of my confidence in his intelligence. 

Quote:Um, its quite obvious. Mike Smith is not a disciplinarian, too much of a players coach just like Gus. Mike Smith also had Matt Ryan at Quarterback.

My top 5 in order

1. Kyle Shanahan

2. Josh Mcdaniels

3. Sean Payton

4. Scott Linehan

5. Jim Schwartz.

Scott Linehan was routinely criticized for being too soft on his players and was awful as a HC. Mediocre hire.

Quote:Nothing personal, but I see this assumption as unwise.  

If Caldwell is dumb enough not to give a new HC more options than just "fix Bortles" then he should be gone right now alongside Bradley. 

I don't think Caldwell is that dumb. 

And his track record shows that. He's moved on from mistakes in the past but nothing on the scale of Bortles. Still, I don't think he'll close his mind to better options.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

My top 5 in order

1. Kyle Shanahan

2. Josh Mcdaniels

3. Sean Payton

4. Scott Linehan

5. Jim Schwartz.

While I actually like Linehan, my one gripe with the guy (ironically) is that he is by all accounts a a players' coach and goes easy on his team. Kind-of funny he makes your list. 

Quote:While I actually like Linehan, my one gripe with the guy (ironically) is that he is by all accounts a a players' coach and goes easy on his team. Kind-of funny he makes your list.

Well thats why hes 4th. Look what hes done with Zeke and Dak. He play calls to Dak's strengths, something we need for Blake.

Quote:Well thats why hes 4th. Look what hes done with Zeke and Dak. He play calls to Dak's strengths, something we need for Blake.

Mike Smith had a rookie Matt Ryan his first year and won double digit games as HC.

Gus Bradley is available.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

[Image: 15492369_775725005912867_877189383414888...e=58ECF5CF]

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Surprised I have never heard this before, but Hicken just stated that Dave Caldwell and Josh McDaniels went to college together. I looked it up and sure enough they both played and went to school together at John Carroll.

Check out all the notable NFL people that went to John Carroll during that timeframe, it's absurd. Greg Roman, Chris Polian, Tom Telesco, Nick Cesario to go along with those two.

Quote:He said on twitter he would like to bring in Scott Linehan as HC...you know that guy that was 11-25 as a HC with the Rams...mediocrity hmm

I know what you're saying and agree it's pretty funny.

With that being said, Scott Linehan is a very good coach. Idk if he would be better as a head coach this time around or if he's best suited as a coordinator though.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I know what you're saying and agree it's pretty funny.

With that being said, Scott Linehan is a very good coach. Idk if he would be better as a head coach this time around or if he's best suited as a coordinator though.

Oh yeah no doubt you could a lot worse than him. Just making fun of Brklyn.

Quote:Oh yeah no doubt you could a lot worse than him. Just making fun of Brklyn.

Certainly acceptable!
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I know what you're saying and agree it's pretty funny.

Quote:Oh yeah no doubt you could a lot worse than him. Just making fun of Brklyn.

Quote:Certainly acceptable!

Linehan? I dunno. He turned St. Louis into one great big dumpster fire while he was there and there's a lot of talk that it was due to him not being willing to stand up to his players. I know that he's had success in Dallas this year, but I'm not sold on the guy being a good Head Coach.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

@jasoncole #Jaguars also have Kyle Shanahan on their list of coaching candidates. Obviously, he'll be popular.

Quote:@jasoncole #Jaguars also have Kyle Shanahan on their list of coaching candidates. Obviously, he'll be popular.

I think we go with a proven HC but he deserves consideration. Any good offensive mind does.

Think Caldwell made it clear a proven HC has a huge advantage although he tried to step it back a bit to make it so he didnt cut the line off for a OC or DC completely.

My top 5

1.Coughlin

2.Payton

3.Shanahan

4.Mcdaniels

5. Todd Haley