Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Watch as Man With Road Rage Gets Dose of ‘Instant Karma’

Watch as Man With Road Rage Gets Dose of ‘Instant Karma’

Imagine this: you’re being tailgated and finally the offending vehicle passes you, flipping the bird as they sail by as if you were the one doing something wrong. You take a deep breath, exhale slowly and try to take comfort in thinking that someday justice will be served.

That’s probably what a Florida driver thought, except this driver got to see “instant karma” happen right before her eyes — and she caught it on camera.

Caution, graphic hand gesture

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/...ant-karma/

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Karma got him...but am I the only one thinking that she shouldn't have been staying right next to the trucks for so long while she was in the "fast" lane? Kinda seems like she was trying to be the traffic police...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I noticed that too, and those kind of left lane drivers tick me off

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2014, 01:19 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Actually, I'd have been ticked at her too.....you're supposed to stay in the right hand lane unless you are passing someone....and it was for awhile that she was staying in that lane (the whole time actually) not just while he was next to her on the right....

I hate drivers like her. 

It would be pretty cool if the cops see this video and later summons her. :yes:

Ah, The Blaze....crazy people on that site.  He was an idiot but she should have definitely gotten over despite her claim that she was eventually making a left turn.  She was filming him too so you know she was blocking the left lane on purpose.

Huh

Quote:Ah, The Blaze....crazy people on that site.  He was an idiot but she should have definitely gotten over despite her claim that she was eventually making a left turn.  She was filming him too so you know she was blocking the left lane on purpose.

I saw that, but just because you plan to make a left turn 3 hours later, doesn't mean you can just sit in the left lane going s-l-o-w for an eternity. 

She could have stayed in the right hand lane until the turn was closer and then moved over at that time. She's a terrible driver and contributed to that accident even if its indirectly. I hope she gets later ticketed with the proof in the video. 

Yeah I gotta agree with the Dog.

Even if she was going the speed limit, she still should yield to faster moving vehicles, and she had plenty of time to move over if he was bothering her that much.

Like Bunny said, seems like she was trying to be traffic police.

I loathe left lane nannies.  They justify their constant existence in the left lane because they believe that since they're doing the speed limit no one should be going faster, thus they're entitled to stay in the 'fast lane'.  

I've gotten a few lip-reading lessons while passing these donkeys.  The most memorable was on 9A.  A middle-aged mother driving with her teen-aged daughter  decided to be a safety nanny in the left lane.  Particularly aggravated that day I began blowing my horn behind her and held it down as I slowly passed.  The daughter just buried her face in her hands in complete embarrassment while the mother saturated the windows with profanity-laced spittle.  I smiled the whole time.  It was great.

In the video, she's shown passing a slower moving vehicle.

She shows her speed, too, which shows about 60 (so probably at least running 5 over.)

So, need more info to determine if she's being slow in the lane.

We also don't know why she started taping.  It could be because he started flashing her with his lights.

That being said... Do I like to box in overly and unnecessarily aggressive drivers who act like rear ends on the road, who act like the road solely belongs to them?  Doggone right I do.  Those are the folks that get innocent people and families killed.

And yes, I'll honk when I have to pass left lane nannies, too.  Every time.

I'm just not sure the video isn't showing us who the rear end in this story really is.  I'm leaning truck driver.  A middle finger will get you shot around many parts.  And if he'd let the finger go the first time rather than try again, he'd be better off.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:In the video, she's shown passing a slower moving vehicle.

She shows her speed, too, which shows about 60 (so probably at least running 5 over.)

We also don't know why she started taping.  It could be because he started flashing her with his lights.

That being said... Do I like to box in overly and unnecessarily aggressive drivers who act like rear ends on the road, who act like the road solely belongs to them?  Doggone right I do.  Those are the folks that get innocent people and families killed.

I'm just not sure the video isn't showing us who the rear end in this story really is.  I'm leaning truck driver.  A middle finger will get you shot around many parts.  And if he'd let the finger go the first time rather than try again, he'd be better off.

If the truck driver doesn't laugh at himself after this, he really does have problems. 

Y'all should read some of the comments on Facebook about this Left Lane vigilante, where there is no Bad Word Removed filter

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2014, 04:52 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:In the video, she's shown passing a slower moving vehicle.

She's not quite going 60, looks more like 55 to me, but yeah, you are correct in that she did actually pass another vehicle. Up here the speed limits on that sort of road are usually 65, so her speed would be slow for the left lane epsecially, but perhaps the speed limit on that road she was on was 50-55. 

Either way, she's still just as much at fault as the other jerk, IMO. You aren't supposed to be in the left lane continuously - only to pass, and from the looks of it she was just cruising the entire time in the lane. I wish they would enforce that law more than they do. 

Quote:If the truck driver doesn't laugh at himself after this, he really does have problems. 

I'd doubt he was. Probably the opposite. 

Normally I side with most on here. Left lane is the pass lane, if no one in front, get over if someone is approaching from behind. I think it does matter though that this was not the highway. Knowing the speed limit would help. They were going 50. My guess is that the speed limit was 45 because there are stop lights on the road. There is no denying though that the dude who ended up wrecked is a certifiable douche bag.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

The fact that they made a point to  film the speedometer at 58 mph probably means the limit was 55.

Quote:The fact that they made a point to  film the speedometer at 58 mph probably means the limit was 55.
You think it was 55? I was guessing 45 since there were stop lights on the road they were on.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2014, 05:04 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Normally I side with most on here. Left lane is the pass lane, if no one in front, get over if someone is approaching from behind. I think it does matter though that this was not the highway. Knowing the speed limit would help. They were going 50. My guess is that the speed limit was 45 because there are stop lights on the road. There is no denying though that the dude who ended up wrecked is a certifiable [BAD WORD REMOVED] bag.

I'm not disputing or denying that the guy was exactly what you called him...that said, the law is to keep right, use the left lane only to pass. She should have moved over. They both should be summonsed. 

Quote:The fact that they made a point to  film the speedometer at 58 mph probably means the limit was 55.

Quote:You think it was 55? I was guessing 45 since there were stop lights on the road they were on.

Regardless of the speed limit, she should have moved over to the right lane. Thats the law. 

Fault on both sides.  The dope in the truck gets the lion's share in my opinion. 

Because driving 20 feet behind another car at 58 mph is way more moronic than not pulling out of the passing lane to yield to someone when you are already speeding. 

100% blame on the guy.   You can clearly see right before the guy crashed there was a left hand turning lane.  My guess is she was making a left turn shortly afterwards.  I generally stay out of the passing lanes on highways and stuff, but If I'm making a left turn on a regular road I'm not going to be stupid and drive in the wrong lane and miss the turn. 

Some of you are swaying me back!

We don't really have highways like that here, with left hand turn lanes. Hard to know just what the situation is, but I still think she easily could have moved over at several points, let the guy pass, and got right back in her lane in like 10 seconds.

No doubt the guy was a huge jerk too though.

Yes, this left lane nonsense is just that.  This road is not an interstate highway.  It does have left hand turn lanes and intersections.  So, no TMD, there isn't any such Florida law.