Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vick is a Jet

Per NFL Network

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Awful

Sanchez was so dejected after being cut he couldn't even troll the high schools.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2014, 12:11 AM by badger.)

Vick is going to regret this. Why any sane human being would want to be ripped in the papers every day in that NY media is beyond me.

That and they have no offensive weapons.

Quote:Vick is going to regret this. Why any sane human being would want to be ripped in the papers every day in that NY media is beyond me.

Its not like teams were beating down his door to sign him. Plus this is probably the best place to go if he's wanting a realistic chance to start.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(Yawn). The most overrated, overhyped player in the modern era.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

As long as he isnt here I don't really care.

Quote:Its not like teams were beating down his door to sign him. Plus this is probably the best place to go if he's wanting a realistic chance to start.

It's going to be a disaster

Quote:It's going to be a disaster

It makes sense for the Jets especially with Genos playing style.

It's like Rex and Vick are going off in the woods together like old dogs to die.. There's a joke in there somewhere's.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

And Geno is officially a backup.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

well..... thats the end of vick

I hope they resign Garrard to be assistant clipboard holder.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Geno will be back as the starter by week 4. Vick will get injured again

Unlike last season,  Geno Smith is now likely going to have to earn the Jets starting QB job.  From that perspective,  the Michael Vick addition is a plus for the team,   regardless of whether he starts or is the team's # 2 QB.  

The next question with the Jets is will DeSean Jackson be joining his former teammate in Jets green and white?   While DeSean Jackson brings his share of baggage,  the addition of Jackson would enable the Jets to use Eric Decker as a # 2 WR.   That's a role in which he appears much better suited for,  compared to being a # 1 WR.

I was secretly hoping Vick would end up a Brown. How awkward would the first meeting between Vick and Chomps be?

"Yo dawg, sorry I killed half of your extended family."

All joking about the dog pound and Ron Mexico aside, Vick's stumbled into one of the very few QB situations in the league where he might actually be an upgrade. Good luck to him.

Quote:And Geno is officially a backup.

I'm not advocating that Geno is anything special, but I would take him at this stage of his career over Vick. It isn't even close in my mind, as he at least has some potential to develop. I think we have already seen the best Vick has to offer.

Very, very, very, very glad he's not here for a variety of reasons. Mostly just relieved I don't have to turn my back on the Jaguars.

On Wisconsin.

Quote:Vick is going to regret this. Why any sane human being would want to be ripped in the papers every day in that NY media is beyond me.

What's he going to regret? Having a contract? No one else was offering.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2014, 08:00 PM by badger.)

Quote:What's he going to regret? Having a contract? No one else was offering.
He is going to regret playing for that team, that coach, in that market

There were surely other options. Vick was the best FA QB avail. He would have gotten plenty of other offers