Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Amish buggy sought in Pennsylvania hit-and-run

Amish buggy sought in Pennsylvania hit-and-run

<b>NEW WILMINGTON, Pa.</b> -- State police are searching for an unlikely suspect in a western Pennsylvania hit-and-run accident: the driver of an Amish buggy.

Troopers from the Mercer barracks say the buggy twice hit a passenger vehicle at a crossroads on Route 158 in Wilmington Township, about 6 p.m. Sunday.

The buggy then left the scene and its driver has yet to be identified.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/amish-buggy-...t-and-run/

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When the driver was asked about it, he said.." I hit them?, I thought Amished them"..

Besides...hit and run?  More like hit and trot, hit and gallop. 

When asked to id the driver, they couldnt...said they all looked alike

ok...its off season...gimmie a break

Blakes Life Matters

I feel like the Amish Mafia had something to do with this.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2014, 04:37 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:I feel like the Amish Mafia had something to do with this.
 A TV show about people who dont watch tv. They'll never run out of stuff to drain our brain.

Wait!! This happend in PA. ?  Mike Vick and a dog cart?

ok...like I said...off season

Blakes Life Matters

Clippity-clop clippity-clop clippity-clop

BANG BANG BANG

Clippity-clop clippity-clop clippity-clop

(Amish drive-by shooting)

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have a driver at the time.  If the buggy gets away, the horse will run just about wherever it wants to get itself home.  That includes hitting a vehicle.  It actually happened here a month or two ago.  A buggy hit and run and again I'll say it likely had no driver at the time.  When they get away with no driver they aren't likely to stop for a car.  What they know to do is run back to the home farm...if a car gets in the way they'll run into it.

We have a large amish community here, friendly people and unless the amish in PA are different, I would be shocked if they would hit a vehicle and not stop.  

This is all a theory based on my own experiences but I like the amish mafia idea better.  That is quite possibly the worst show on TV by the way.  It ranks right there with Honey Boo Boo or whatever that crap is called.

There is a show out there called Amish Mafia????
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:There is a show out there called Amish Mafia????

Yeah.  It's really weird.

Quote:There is a show out there called Amish Mafia????

Yep. I don't watch it though. But I hear the Gambino and bonanno families are terrified of them.

Quote:Yep. I don't watch it though. But I hear the Gambino and bonanno families are terrified of them.

I can see that...the ones I came across before were scary as heck with their lack of deodorant usage!! :thumbsup:

Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have a driver at the time.  If the buggy gets away, the horse will run just about wherever it wants to get itself home.  That includes hitting a vehicle.  It actually happened here a month or two ago.  A buggy hit and run and again I'll say it likely had no driver at the time.  When they get away with no driver they aren't likely to stop for a car.  What they know to do is run back to the home farm...if a car gets in the way they'll run into it.

We have a large amish community here, friendly people and unless the amish in PA are different, I would be shocked if they would hit a vehicle and not stop.  

This is all a theory based on my own experiences but I like the amish mafia idea better.  That is quite possibly the worst show on TV by the way.  It ranks right there with Honey Boo Boo or whatever that crap is called.

We go visit the Amish towns when we travel up to Pa.  For the most part, they all are extremely nice.  Except for the 7 or 8 year old kid that flicked us off as we were driving because he thought we were taking a picture of him. 

Quote:We go visit the Amish towns when we travel up to Pa.  For the most part, they all are extremely nice.  Except for the 7 or 8 year old kid that flicked us off as we were driving because he thought we were taking a picture of him.

Guess they don't keep themselves to separated from the English world if he knows that hand gesture! :thumbsup:

Quote:Guess they don't keep themselves to separated from the English world if he knows that hand gesture! :thumbsup:

Lol, from what I've seen many of them have some pretty modern stuff.  They even go into the cities around them (even as far as Pittsburgh) for work doing roofing and stuff like that.

They do not want you to take their pictures, especially including their face.  I'm sure somehow that was taught to him to try and stop people from doing it.

Quote:Lol, from what I've seen many of them have some pretty modern stuff.  They even go into the cities around them (even as far as Pittsburgh) for work doing roofing and stuff like that.

They do not want you to take their pictures, especially including their face.  I'm sure somehow that was taught to him to try and stop people from doing it.

They go into the cities with their buggies?

Quote:They go into the cities with their buggies?

No, they hop in our fancy motor vehicles.  (Some own cars)

Quote:No, they hop in our fancy motor vehicles.  (Some own cars)

I thought that was the whole Amish thing...rejecting all those modern conveniences!

Shows you what I know!! Sad

Witnesses described the suspect as looking plain.
Only a chump boos the home team!