Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DE Willie Young to visit Jaguars

Quote:That it didn't work out. Probably financially. Jeesh good god man, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I dunno man.....I didn't like that tone I detected....

Its one thing for me to bash my team, tough love.....but I don't like hearing that slang from outsiders!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I dunno man.....I didn't like that tone I detected....

Its one thing for me to bash my team, tough love.....but I don't like hearing that slang from outsiders!
bahahahahaha, who cares? 

Quote:Its one thing for me to bash my team, tough love.....but I don't like hearing that slang from outsiders!

Irony

Quote:bahahahahaha, who cares? 

bahahahha, I guess you do. 

As has been suggested, maybe the Jaguars were in the process of working something out with Young when Clemons came free, and Young got butthurt over it. Or maybe it really is as simple as Young and the Jaguars being far apart on compensation, and Young chose to move on. I think you're reading too much into it.

Quote:As has been suggested, maybe the Jaguars were in the process of working something out with Young when Clemons came free, and Young got butthurt over it. Or maybe it really is as simple as Young and the Jaguars being far apart on compensation, and Young chose to move on. I think you're reading too much into it.

lol.....if its the first one, he must have had a real hoot when we added Babin....

Quote:bahahahha, I guess you do. 
yeah, its gonna be hard for me to sleep tonight

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2014, 05:41 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:As has been suggested, maybe the Jaguars were in the process of working something out with Young when Clemons came free, and Young got butthurt over it. Or maybe it really is as simple as Young and the Jaguars being far apart on compensation, and Young chose to move on. I think you're reading too much into it.
Yep, he spends two days in town talking a deal, gets a tour of the facilities and the city, has said that his favorite thing in the world is fishing. I have no doubt he really wanted to be here and thought it was all but a sure thing, then Clemons comes available and he's eschewed like last nights leftovers. I can imagine that would leave a bitter taste.

Quote:I fear we are getting SPOILED by this FA season and will walk into the Darft with unrealistic expectations.

On the other hand, BradWell Inc has sure had a streak going this year.

What are the possibilities that we are waiting in the weeds to see how the Browns spend and how

they handle Mack????

I cannot remember when a FA felt this good.

At first I felt good about J. Po  and Dray Flo, but after training camp had a BAD Feeling.

Go JAGS

HeadSlap

That's the thing though; the plethora of talent floating around in Free Agency aside, I get a sense that the talent in the draft may even be better. The team has a legitimate shot at getting a genuine, bona fide difference maker at the top of this draft and then filling in with contributors later.

I'm with you though regarding this Free Agency run; heck the team just essentially shored up the Defensive Line, the whole thing! While Bryant and Clemons shouldn't be considered as long term fixes, maybe they are the Henne equivalent to their respective positions; bridge guys. Bryant holds the spot until Alualu learns it or is replaced and Abry Jones - and doesn't he just scream Red Bryant lite? - learns the nuances. Same thing with Clemons and whomever the team brings along to learn that LEO role.

While Jacksonville hasn't packed on "star" talent with this Free Agency, they have surely added talent. I'm really getting excited about this roster for next season.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:That's the thing though; the plethora of talent floating around in Free Agency aside, I get a sense that the talent in the draft may even be better. The team has a legitimate shot at getting a genuine, bona fide difference maker at the top of this draft and then filling in with contributors later.

I'm with you though regarding this Free Agency run; heck the team just essentially shored up the Defensive Line, the whole thing! While Bryant and Clemons shouldn't be considered as long term fixes, maybe they are the Henne equivalent to their respective positions; bridge guys. Bryant holds the spot until Alualu learns it or is replaced and Abry Jones - and doesn't he just scream Red Bryant lite? - learns the nuances. Same thing with Clemons and whomever the team brings along to learn that LEO role.

While Jacksonville hasn't packed on "star" talent with this Free Agency, they have surely added talent. I'm really getting excited about this roster for next season.

I can't remember which, but Bradley or Caldwell said something this offseason along the lines of trying not to have so many rookies forced into playing right away. I think, while adding overall talent, they are accomplishing two goals with these signing.

First, not being forced to take a position of need at any point in the draft, and second, allowing the rookies to come in and learn/compete behind the vets. All while allowing the team to get out of these contracts fairly easily a year or two down the road. Great job.

Quote:I can't remember which, but Bradley or Caldwell said something this offseason along the lines of trying not to have so many rookies forced into playing right away. I think, while adding overall talent, they are accomplishing two goals with these signing.

First, not being forced to take a position of need at any point in the draft, and second, allowing the rookies to come in and learn/compete behind the vets. All while allowing the team to get out of these contracts fairly easily a year or two down the road. Great job.

I remember that and it was Caldwell who said it. I just hope this excitement will have legitimate reasons to continue through the season. Racking up a win or three in row would be pretty cool.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Really wish we would have signed Young, he's been blowing up the 49ers OL

Quote:Really wish we would have signed Young, he's been blowing up the 49ers OL
agreed, but he is blowing up Jonathan Martin

Quote:agreed, but he is blowing up Jonathan Martin

Careful how you phrase that, you might get suspended from the league for bullying.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He really looked good this weekend....

Quote:He really looked good this weekend....

This was the 2nd straight game Willie Young impressed.  So far,  it looks like he's building on his final season with the Lions,   his best season in the NFL. 

It will be interesting to see how Willie Young does against the better RT's and LT's.  if used at RDE.   Jonathan Martin looks like he will never live up to his draft billing as a 2nd Round pick.    The term overmatched comes to mind what watching what transpired in San Francisco when Young and Martin went head to head.