Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DE Willie Young to visit Jaguars

My only concern with Young is how much of a long-term fix he'd be, given that he'll turn 29 within days of the season opener. That said, he entered the league at 25, so it's not like he's been getting pounded on for 7 years. I think we could've done a lot worse for a pass rusher, and I think he'll wind up in a rotation rather than being the premier LEO if he's here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't know how they can say no to Gus.

Me either, I'm drunk of the juice for sure

Quote:My only concern with Young is how much of a long-term fix he'd be, given that he'll turn 29 within days of the season opener. That said, he entered the league at 25, so it's not like he's been getting pounded on for 7 years. I think we could've done a lot worse for a pass rusher, and I think he'll wind up in a rotation rather than being the premier LEO if he's here.

I don't know he gets more than a 3 year deal anyway.

;

;

6 career sacks.  Meh

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:My only concern with Young is how much of a long-term fix he'd be, given that he'll turn 29 within days of the season opener. That said, he entered the league at 25, so it's not like he's been getting pounded on for 7 years. I think we could've done a lot worse for a pass rusher, and I think he'll wind up in a rotation rather than being the premier LEO if he's here.

Also keep in mind he's been in a rotational role since entering the league so he's a very young 29.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I don't know how they can say no to Gus.

In looking at the situation objectively,  if the Jaguars make Willie Young a good financial offer,  Gus Bradley's excellent leadership and communication skills could easily be the difference in Young signing with the Jaguars.   Gus Bradley is probably the Jaguars # 1 asset,  other than the massive amount of money that Shad Khan can provide the organization.    For the Lions to retain Young or another team to gain his services,  it's going to take plenty of money and guaranteed money.

Quote:Also keep in mind he's been in a rotational role since entering the league so he's a very young 29.

Wille Young played very few downs in his rookie regular season.  Other than the practice time that season,  in essence he only has 3 seasons under his belt.   Young certainly doesn't have the wear and tear of most players his age that will be able to command a sizeable contract.

Quote:Having one of the best DL coaches in the league may help change that.

Wash is now "one of the best DL coaches in the league"?? :unsure: 

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 10:48 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Wash is now "one of the best DL coaches in the league"?? :unsure:
See Andre Branch. He was the mastermind behind Red Bryant's revival. He also had a tremendous hand in turning cast off Chris Clemons into a top notch DE. Feel free to pull up Seattle's defensive line rankings during his tenure.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Despite your unbridled hate for the Jags' coordinators and, apparently, position coaches, the dude was running the line in Seattle in 2011 and 2012 when it really emerged. He might not be the best, but he's certainly up there if he can continue to develop defensive linemen into solid players.

Quote:"fish" is a funny way of saying "snort cocaine". haha
Ever see that episode of King of the Hill where Hank uses crack for fishing bait?

Quote:6 career sacks.  Meh
Nice job using google, how bout watching the guy play

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I'm actually pretty excited about this. Based on the QB pressures alone he can make a difference. Plus with Bradley getting the mosy out of guys I have to believe he could up his sack total, maybe significantly. He and Branch in rotation at LEO wouldn't be bad.

Good player not a big cap issue big value yet cost friendly. If he signs good

Biggest sack of troll on the web

I hope this deal gets done, I would love the signing.  A rotation of Young, Branch, and a high upside draft pick at LEO could be a scary one for opposing teams in a few years.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal tonight.

Any news on this today?

Quote:See Andre Branch. He was the mastermind behind Red Bryant's revival. He also had a tremendous hand in turning cast off Chris Clemons into a top notch DE. Feel free to pull up Seattle's defensive line rankings during his tenure.

I admire your spirit, but unfortunately that would require actual homework.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Ever see that episode of King of the Hill where Hank uses crack for fishing bait?
I have haha.

Hey look the usual schtick.

;

;