Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DE Willie Young to visit Jaguars

I honestly believe Young and Thurman are gonna sign with Jaguars!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd be happy if he signed for 3 years, 4 years at the most. Michael Bennett got 28 million over 4 years, so Young will likely get way less than that - 15-20 million range over 4 years? Am I way off? That would be pretty reasonable for a guy at a premium position who seems to have upside, and who, despite posting fairly pedestrian numbers, has already played at a pretty high level.

Any update about how his tour went today? I was pretty excited thinking we were gonna sign Young but now I'm not sure if they are still intrested or not.

Ya I have not seen any more info on young or Thurmand

Would like to know as well..
Shock the world

Quote:Ya I have not seen any more info on young or Thurmand

Yeah would like to sign both these guys tonight

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 08:09 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

Quote:I'd be happy if he signed for 3 years, 4 years at the most. Michael Bennett got 28 million over 4 years, so Young will likely get way less than that - 15-20 million range over 4 years? Am I way off? That would be pretty reasonable for a guy at a premium position who seems to have upside, and who, despite posting fairly pedestrian numbers, has already played at a pretty high level.

I'd bet it's closer to 10-12 million on 3 years. The guy is all potential. He has a total of 6 sacks over 4 years. 

If we land Clemons, doesn't that make Young kind of pointless?

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 08:16 PM by D6.)

Quote:If we land Clemons, doesn't that make Young kind of pointless?

The question that comes to mind for me that none of us probably could answer at this time is would Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley want to add two veteran DE's that can be used at the LEO position or whether they would like to sign one and then draft one?    

One thought that did come to mind when I read that Chris Clemons was released by the Seahawks and there's mutual interest between him and the Jaguars is that might have led to the Jaguars not offering Willie Young a contract at this time.   

For what it's worth,  I haven't read or heard anything about Willie Young having any other scheduled FA visits.

Wait, too many pass rushers? Really?

;

;

I'd probably rather have Young than Clemons

Quote:"fish" is a funny way of saying "snort cocaine". haha

You know...I've always been suspicious of the Matt Jones and coke thing. He was always described as "lethargic". Wouldn't coke make him...not lethargic? :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I'd probably rather have Young than Clemons

I will take both

;

;

Can't have too many.  Rotating a slew of pass rushers was the key to the Giants SB win over Brady and the Pats a few years ago.  

Quote:I will take both

Yes i would definetly take both

Quote:Can't have too many.  Rotating a slew of pass rushers was the key to the Giants SB win over Brady and the Pats a few years ago.  

Great point.  It's the same with starting pitchers in baseball and CB's in the NFL.

The Seahawks also had huge success in 2013 because of their deep DE rotation. 

Having said that,  I'm wondering if the Jaguars have a plan for the draft in which they are confident they will land a LEO with starter potential.    If that's the case,  I can envision them only signing one LEO before the draft and using salary cap resources on another position instead.

Quote:I will take both
this

Quote: 

Having said that,  I'm wondering if the Jaguars have a plan for the draft in which they are confident they will land a LEO with starter potential.    If that's the case,  I can envision them only signing one LEO before the draft and using salary cap resources on another position instead.
Very possible. 

Weird how we basically heard nothing about Young yesterday. Ryan O tweeted he was touring the stadium in the morning with Watson and Gerhart but nothing after that.

Quote:Weird how we basically heard nothing about Young yesterday. Ryan O tweeted he was touring the stadium in the morning with Watson and Gerhart but nothing after that.
I am kind of hoping they asked Lageman to take him fishing.