Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Helmet Change?

I don't think the helmets are going to be changed anytime soon.

Personally, I like the helmets.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd like to see a gold helmet if the helmet changes.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I wonder why they didn't ask the fans or give a vote to see what helmet they should've went with. Fans of the team basically get no say in the team they support and dish out big money to. Would've been a nice suggestion if they did include the folks fattening their pockets after watching trash for years.

Quote:I wonder why they didn't ask the fans or give a vote to see what helmet they should've went with. Fans of the team basically get no say in the team they support and dish out big money to. Would've been a nice suggestion if they did include the folks fattening their pockets after watching trash for years.

Using that same philosophy, Gene Smith should have left his draft selection up to the fans.  He'd still be the GM if that were the case.

when more than half of the fan base dislikes the helmet... that tells something.

i hate it, it looks like two tone poop.

4 more years....

"it's only smellz"

- Rocco Siffredi

Quote:Using that same philosophy, Gene Smith should have left his draft selection up to the fans.  He'd still be the GM if that were the case.
Trying to figure out the correlation you're making but no need to explain because I don't care to hear it. Just like you're initial response.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014, 03:13 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:The problem with the fade is that there is no noticable fade.  We need to go either black or gold.

...Orrrrrrr, just fix the fade to an actual fading of the gold & black. :unsure:

I know, I know...crazy talk..... :blink:

Quote:A teal to black fade would look so much better, even all flat black would too.

I agree a teal to black fade would look good, especially if it was like the one submitted in that one thread about a week ago. 

Quote:Heck, I'd be fine with an all teal helmet....

Quote:I wonder why they didn't ask the fans or give a vote to see what helmet they should've went with....

Ummm, see exhibit A in the quote above yours...

Thank God Khan doesn't submit this stuff to this fan base to choose. Most of y'all have no idea what looks cool. We'd be an even bigger laughing stock image-wise if Khan left this stuff up to a majority fan vote.  

Quote:I am not sure I know anyone that actually likes the helmet. 
I know for sure that I don't know any men that could gives a rats behind, but then again I don't know any of the fashionistas that post on the board. But apparently there is not a lack of you folks with the amount of these helmet and uni threads that pop up. To each his own I suppose.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I know for sure that I don't know any men that could gives a rats behind, but then again I don't know any of the fashionistas that post on the board. But apparently there is not a lack of you folks with the amount of these helmet and uni threads that pop up. To each his own I suppose.
Yes yes how feminine of these people who care what the jerseys look like and how masculine of you that you don't.

Quote:Yes yes how feminine of these people who care what the jerseys look like and how masculine of you that you don't.
if the shoe fits you lady feel free to wear it.

Quote:if the shoe fits you lady feel free to wear it.
You're calling me a lady now? Good luck on your never ending search for self confidence.

Quote:Trying to figure out the correlation you're making but no need to explain because I don't care to hear it. Just like you're initial response.

Sorry you don't have the intelligence to understand the correlation.  Please put me on your ignore list because if you didn't understand that one, you're going to have difficulty with my future posts.

Thanks !!

Quote:I know for sure that I don't know any men that could gives a rats behind, but then again I don't know any of the fashionistas that post on the board. But apparently there is not a lack of you folks with the amount of these helmet and uni threads that pop up. To each his own I suppose.

Oh man. What a sick burn bro.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014, 03:54 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:I'd like to see a gold helmet if the helmet changes.

I think the gold is more elegant, however, I like the black with the persona of toughness we are trying to build.   I'm trying to picture Stroud and Henderson w/ gold helmets ... doesn't really fit with the DUVAL mindset.     I think the gold would be more in line with the Ponte Vedra Jags. It does look good and it is different from what other NFL teams design so there is something to be said for that.

Quote:You're calling me a lady now? Good luck on your never ending search for self confidence.
Oh you're not female? My bad, I apologize, I'm just not used to dudes worrying about such things.

<span style="font-size:10.5pt;"><span style="color:#222222;"><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Change is hard for most people.  As a society we have Social Identity Syndrome and get attached to otherwise meaningless stuff.

</span></span></span>

<span style="font-size:10.5pt;"><span style="color:#222222;"><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;">However this look is trending in college football.  We witnessed a lot of two-tone fading helmets last year.  Especially in the bowl season.

</span></span></span>

<span style="font-size:10.5pt;"><span style="color:#222222;"><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;">I doubt many pro teams go this style.

</span></span></span>

<span style="font-size:10.5pt;"><span style="color:#222222;"><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;">I'm indifferent to it.

</span></span></span>

Quote:Oh you're not female? My bad, I apologize, I'm just not used to dudes worrying about such things.

Dumb.

Not a big fan of the helmets either. They need to go all gold or all black. I like all gold.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014, 04:43 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: 

<span style="font-size:10.5pt;"><span style="color:#222222;"><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;">...However this look is trending in college football.  We witnessed a lot of two-tone fading helmets last year.  Especially in the bowl season....

</span></span></span>

....except....most of those teams actually have a legit fade with the colors in those helmets you mention. 

Not sure why/ how the Jaguars final execution of an abrupt color change was chosen.  - A legit/ proper fading would have looked 100x better. 

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014, 04:58 PM by P. Haze.)

Quote:Sorry you don't have the intelligence to understand the correlation.  Please put me on your ignore list because if you didn't understand that one, you're going to have difficulty with my future posts.

Thanks !!
I see you run to dumb. You're not of no importance to put on nothing because it's not that imperative I win message board arguments with strangers. You tried to tie fans voting on draft picks to a style of an uniform. Like I said I'm done with this useless back and forth.