Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguar's salary cap situation

We have the best cap situation in the entire league, at the moment. If we don't spend on free agents at all this year, we would have 100+M in cap space from the extra rollover money, unless I read that wrong. We have 11 players on contract for the 2016 season. That, my friends, is called a plan. I trust Dave Caldwell. 

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/3/10/5...ree-agency

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Extended Marks. Picked up Red. Who's next?

We won't sign anyone of note. Caldwell won't overspend even though he might have too.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014, 09:22 AM by Tommy.)

Quote:Extended Marks. Picked up Red. Who's next?
I would think a LEO end, and a Guard, maybe a center. We have to spend the $ whether we like it or not.

The best thing about it, is contracts these days are very front-loaded. For a 4-year deal, more often than not you can opt out of the contract after 2 years. This is what makes signing a big-name and marquee player an easy and worry-free task to do.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:We won't sign anyone of note. Caldwell won't overspend even though he might have too.
It doesn't matter if he overspends. You have to overspend for a Free Agent pass rusher. We need talent injected into this team pronto, and Dave knows it. 

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

They definitely have their eyes on a few players. We will find out in about 30 hours
Shock the world

Quote:We have the best cap situation in the entire league, at the moment. If we don't spend on free agents at all this year, we would have 100+M in cap space from the extra rollover money, unless I read that wrong. We have 11 players on contract for the 2016 season. That, my friends, is called a plan. I trust Dave Caldwell. 

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/3/10/5...ree-agency
We have to spend some of that money to get better.  I hope we can get bennet in FA this year

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I think in a surprise turn of events, we get Byrd to match up with Cyprien Smile

Poor drafting lead to this, but we might finally have the right GM in place. Free agency has bit this team in the butt a lot in the past. Caldwell just needs to draft well. I'm fine with adding players like Red Bryant until he can draft replacements.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014, 11:46 AM by ATLjag.)

In my mind, releasing Nwaneri tipped part of Caldwell's hand (or plan) in free agency. Even before Nwaneri's release, it was widely agreed that the Jags already had a need for 2 spots on the interior of the O-Line. Now they need at least 3 there. I highly doubt that Caldwell has a plan to fill all 3 starting spots in the draft. I think we'll see at least 2 interior players acquired in free agency. Although he has a transition tag (right for other team to match, but no compensation if player is lost), I could see Caldwell still taking a run at Mack.

Quote:I think in a surprise turn of events, we get Byrd to match up with Cyprien Smile
Highly doubtful

Quote:Highly doubtful
i think he is going to the eagles

makes just a bit too much sense

so we'll probably get him

Quote: 

The best thing about it, is contracts these days are very front-loaded. For a 4-year deal, more often than not you can opt out of the contract after 2 years. This is what makes signing a big-name and marquee player an easy and worry-free task to do.
Hardly worry free.

If it is front loaded and they don't pan out, then the organization has thrown away a lot of money. The biggest risk since the beginning of the free agency era has always been the guaranteed money. You could always walk away from the salary at the end.

High likelihood: Asamougha, low cost LEO

Mid Likelihood: Alex Mack, High cost LEO

Low Likelihood: Jairus Bird

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:I would think a LEO end, and a Guard, maybe a center. We have to spend the $ whether we like it or not.

I think free agency is pretty much dead.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:High likelihood: Asamougha, low cost LEO

Mid Likelihood: Alex Mack, High cost LEO

Low Likelihood: Jairus Bird

Who is the Asamougha that you're talking about?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!