Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quarterback Countdown- #7 Johnny Manziel

I've watched about 2,700 passes from the top 15 or so QBs in this draft class. I'm counting my way down from 10. A lot of people are projecting Manziel as our pick at #3 but I think it would be a mistake. Check out my blog to see why. The link is below. I'll be breaking down every position before the draft.

ncaa2nfl.blogspot.com

Thanks

Go Jags!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Since this is your first post, I'm not sure if this is a "spam" thread or not.  However, I actually agree with most of your assessment on Manziel.  That is why Idon't believe he will go top 10 in the draft.  Though, I'd put him higher than #7 in my QB list. 

When you write "As a senior he threw for 4,114 yards with 37 TDs and 13 INTs with a completion percentage of 69.9% while rushing for 759 yards and 9 TDs.
" Do you mean as a High School Senior or simply his last season at Texas A & M?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Interesting tidbits from the CEO of 247sports, who is getting his info from a current NFL OC.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/-...--26433782

1) Did not see any issues with his arm strength. On tape, his throws that lacked velocity are because of his throwing positions at the time (on the move, across his body, etc). Generally speaking, can make all the throws and can "spin it." He said he doesn't have an elite arm, but arm is good enough and not a red flag.

3). Here's the shocker to some degree ... he asked Manziel what he would do in certain scenarios -- based on what the defense was showing. He said that Manziel answered each time, that he didn't know, couldn't answer the question ... and that he wasn't taught the nuances of the QB position A&M. "They just snapped me the ball and wanted me to make a play," was his general response when asked.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 01:48 PM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:Interesting tidbits from the CEO of 247sports, who is getting his info from a current NFL OC.

1) Did not see any issues with his arm strength. On tape, his throws that lacked velocity are because of his throwing positions at the time (on the move, across his body, etc). Generally speaking, can make all the throws and can "spin it." He said he doesn't have an elite arm, but arm is good enough and not a red flag.

3). Here's the shocker to some degree ... he asked Manziel what he would do in certain scenarios -- based on what the defense was showing. He said that Manziel answered each time, that he didn't know, couldn't answer the question ... and that he wasn't taught the nuances of the QB position A&M. "They just snapped me the ball and wanted me to make a play," was his general response when asked.

Big deal? Every NFL quarterback is expected to just make plays. Bill Walsh described the ability as spontaneous genius. I am sure that Luke Joeckel can set the record straight with Jaguars' brass.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:Big deal? Every NFL quarterback is expected to just make plays. Bill Walsh described the ability as spontaneous genius. I am sure that Luke Joeckel can set the record straight with Jaguars' brass.
Did you just really typed that out? Have you ever played football before?

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 11:54 PM by JFF4Life.)

Quote:Interesting tidbits from the CEO of 247sports, who is getting his info from a current NFL OC.

Lies!  The haters are out in full force to bring this kid back down to Earth.  Necromaniac, is it your full time job to try and persuade this board to hate on JFF?  Just curious, what do you have against him as a prospect and who do you think are better QBs in the draft?

Quote:Lies!  The haters are out in full force to bring this kid back down to Earth.  Necromaniac, is it your full time job to try and persuade this board to hate on JFF?  Just curious, what do you have against him as a prospect and who do you think are better QBs in the draft?
You must be having the time of your life toying with us plebes lol

You still didn't answer the question.  You hate on Manziel so who do you like?

Quote:You still didn't answer the question.  You hate on Manziel so who do you like?
Read the above man, the kid is an amazing playmaker but he isn't a very good qb. Nothing to do with hate, its just what it is

He's a playmaker.  That's what the Jags need.  JFF is a Brees/Wilson hybrid.

Quote:He's a playmaker.  That's what the Jags need.  JFF is a Brees/Wilson hybrid.
He is neither, He is Fran tarkenton (Benjamin Button style)

It just doesn't work at the next level (color me shocked if he pulls it off)

He is not particularly fast

He is not particularly big

Doesn't have a strong arm

Clearly is lacking in the mental part of the game

I think he could be a poor man's Steve Young if he puts in the work, but it will require a complete revamping of who he is as a QB

He can't play like Favre with his skillset

He is a project, doesn't have the physical gifts to warrant a first round pick 

Now if we had a old qb who would clearly be starting for a few more years, I would be inclined to take a look at Manziel

We'll agree to disagree then.

Quote:We'll agree to disagree then.
Fair, can't say I didn't warn you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ziv2s2mt6U

Quote:<div>
I rolled on the floor laughing, With all those missed reads in the pocket Manziel had to improvise. If he had just stuck to the play book (or just be Teddy Bridgewater) A&M would have been in the National Title hunt late

</div>
Trolls gonna troll.  Wallbash

Quote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ziv2s2mt6U
1. That offensive line is amazing

2. He floats a lot of passes, a surprising amount actually

Quote:1. That offensive line is amazing

2. He floats a lot of passes, a surprising amount actually

Manziel isn't the only QB to benefit from a mostly pristine pocket, but at least he competed against the highest caliber competition... :whistling:

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Manziel isn't the only QB to benefit from a mostly pristine pocket, but at least he competed against the highest caliber competition... :whistling:
Who?? McCarron????

The highest caliber competition is a farce argument. UCF beat Baylor, Baylor beat Oklahoma, Oklahoma beat Bama. 

Quote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ziv2s2mt6U
This is all clean pocket..... :whistling: