Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free agency/Draft

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 09:55 PM by joshphillips1977.)

So, I know I am not GM, but there are potentially two huge moves for free agency. 1) Ben Tate 2) Cromartie. I also think that rather than taking Bortles, or Bridgewater, Johnny football is the way to go if he is available.

Vontae Davis or Talib could be good pick ups as well, especially with 50 million in cap room. I think the experts are predicting us making a run a Alex Mack as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh boy..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:Oh boy..

My Sentiments Exactly...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 10:12 PM by JagsorDie.)

ben tate- maybe but probably not

cromartie- absolutly not

talib-think he is goin to the bucs

and

things dont seem to be pointing towards us taking a first round qb lately

is it just me or have there been alot of op's with post counts of 1 lately

Ben Tate - Mehhh, a little overhyped. I know the jaguars can find a starting running back in the 2nd or 3rd round that is better than Tate.

Just because you have a lot of money, doesn't mean you need to spend it in a reckless manner. 

Quote:So, I know I am not GM, but there are potentially two huge moves for free agency. 1) Ben Tate 2) Cromartie. I also think that rather than taking Bortles, or Bridgewater, Johnny football is the way to go if he is available.

Vontae Davis or Talib could be good pick ups as well, especially with 50 million in cap room. I think the experts are predicting us making a run a Alex Mack as well.

Ben Tate would be fine, I dont mind him as long as we dont give him a huge deal.

Id rather take a chance with one of Cromarties kids..any of the 78 of them...than taking dad.

Johnny football is gonna be a bust imo...He doesnt read defenses well, he free lances too much and he has a mediocre arm. I get the intrigue around him but I hope we isnt our first rd pick....IF he fell like Geno did last year(which he wont) then Id be ok with him in the 2nd...

Davis and Talib are just guys with ego issues...let some other team have them.

and 100% of this board would be fine with Mack as long as the deal is right.

Dwarf tossing available on demand.

Ben Tate I would take here other than the fact that he won't be cheap.  Cromartie no way, no how.  He isn't the type of FA this team needs to look at.

I've made my stance on Johnny Manziel known, no to him as well.  Not in any circumstance.

Talib and Davis are also both no.  They will command entirely too much money for the production they bring on the field.  That's if Talib can even stay on the field.  He's a talented guy but I wouldn't be confident in spending big money on him.

I've also seen reports that the Colts and Davis are nearing a deal.

Quote:Ben Tate would be fine, I dont mind him as long as we dont give him a huge deal.

Id rather take a chance with one of Cromarties kids..any of the 78 of them...than taking dad.

Johnny football is gonna be a bust imo...He doesnt read defenses well, he free lances too much and he has a mediocre arm. I get the intrigue around him but I hope we isnt our first rd pick....IF he fell like Geno did last year(which he wont) then Id be ok with him in the 2nd...

Davis and Talib are just guys with ego issues...let some other team have them.

and 100% of this board would be fine with Mack as long as the deal is right.

I love that - "as long as we don't give him a huge deal" and "as long as the deal is right".

This is free agency. These guys aren't just waiting to sign a nice, reasonable deal. They want to be paid. So don't get your hopes up if you think you can get someone like Ben Tate and Mack without doing damage to your salary cap.

Do you want them or not?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I love that - "as long as we don't give him a huge deal" and "as long as the deal is right".

This is free agency. These guys aren't just waiting to sign a nice, reasonable deal. They want to be paid. So don't get your hopes up if you think you can get someone like Ben Tate and Mack without doing damage to your salary cap.

Do you want them or not?

I understand this however with a guy like Tate you don't overpay for him in my opinion.  You have to overpay a little, likely, with most any FA because that's how the system works.  There's a difference than having to pay a little extra and having to pay him big time money for the position.  I think Tate brings in a good check on FA and good for him.  He's a hardworking guy and has talent.  I wouldn't pay a FA back big time money outside of Adrian Petersen or Shady McCoy getting cut. It isn't a necessary thing to do in my opinion and I don't see Caldwell spending that much on a long term deal I think he'll garner.  

I may be wrong and Tate may get a modest deal but I don't think so.  He's the best RB available by a decent margin in my eyes and could be at least an average starter.  

Mack is a bit of a different story and that level of player I would like to see brought here and could see Dave paying more to do so.  Not with him being tagged but prior to that.  

Quote:I love that - "as long as we don't give him a huge deal" and "as long as the deal is right".

Do you want them or not?

Signing anyone does damage to your cap in some way so thats not the issue, its how you work with that cap and make it work for this team.

just because its Free Agency doesnt mean that you give Ben Tate a 5 yr 65 mil deal...Its also doesn mean Tate deserves a 5 mil deal...You spend within your means and needs, if we dont sign anyone then we can draft a guy..its not a pressing need. There are plenty of Rbs in this draft that we can have between the 2nd-5th rds that would fit well here.

Im sure you are competent enough to know the difference in overspending in FA (See Mario Williams)

Mack is surely looking for 9-10 Mil a year...I think thats too rich for Daves taste but we shall see.

Its not as black and white as you would want it to be.

Dwarf tossing available on demand.

Well said, I think Tate would payoff immediately, especially if MJD moves on. I Think he is worth paying, when he has been able to play he has outplayed Foster. As far as Mack goes word is he's going elsewhere, unless someone steps up with the money and he is definitely worth it but we shall see.

You didn't mention Johnny Football though, no love for him? I think he will be very successful, one if he is allowed to play and two learns slide feet first, I mean most of the greats (aside from a few) were mobile and not scared to run. I think he is a play maker but only time will tell.

I hope we stay away from Browner and Thurmond!

Ben Tate would be a stupid signing. None of the FA RB are worth going after. 

Better off drafting a RB or trading a late round pick for Bryce Brown. 

There is no RB in FA I'm interested in. All the RBs I'd look to replace MJD and pair with Todman/DRob are in the draft = Ben Tate NO. Cromartie = a no also. He doesn't fit our team at all really. I am still a fan of Manziel and think he could be worth a shot. But I don't know if I could take him at #3. The same could be said about Bortles. Bridewater I'm a little more confident in. But there's no certainty with any of them. I really like Dee Ford. My hope is that we trade back and pick up another 2nd and 4th or something (maybe to 7 or 8, maybe further depending), then take Ford (as long as his health/physical is good). FA moves I'm really watching Mack, De La Puenta, Johnson, possibly Revis (if released), and Vick (just because we were referenced as being interested).

One day closer to draft day! Smile

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!