Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An interesting read on o line

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/06/nfl-offens...en-grades/

If the grading is so subjective, it kinda makes you wonder why o line are considered safer high picks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cool article, thanks for sharing.

Good read...

[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Quote:Good read...

Wow...no pun intended.

Talk about a blast from the past.

I'm glad that the article stated that not only does where you play affect your grade, but who you are playing against does as well.

Regarding the validity of the grades; I wonder if it would be helpful, if not cripplingly time consuming, to have the Defensive Line Coach grade out the Offensive Linemen and vice versa.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'm glad that the article stated that not only does where you play affect your grade, but who you are playing against does as well.

Regarding the validity of the grades; I wonder if it would be helpful, if not cripplingly time consuming, to have the Defensive Line Coach grade out the Offensive Linemen and vice versa.

Good question.

One of my questions goes to Pro Football Focus.  They said they don't try to figure out what the OL's assignment was on a given play, just what they tried to do.

How do they know what the OL tried to do if they don't know the assignment?

Quote:Good question.

One of my questions goes to Pro Football Focus.  They said they don't try to figure out what the OL's assignment was on a given play, just what they tried to do.

How do they know what the OL tried to do if they don't know the assignment?

That's the biggest issue with me whenever I hear or read a draftnik say that they "watched the tape". Yes, you can see how a player is performing in a rather vague way but if you don't know what his assignment was, you cannot get a true grade on him regardless of how much tape you watch. Yes, athletic ability will shine through but it just seems like so much is unknown when you don't know the play.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:That's the biggest issue with me whenever I hear or read a draftnik say that they "watched the tape". Yes, you can see how a player is performing in a rather vague way but if you don't know what his assignment was, you cannot get a true grade on him regardless of how much tape you watch. Yes, athletic ability will shine through but it just seems like so much is unknown when you don't know the play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHipzGL4dwM

Quote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHipzGL4dwM

Exactly.