Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who would you rather have at 3?
Khalil Mack
Sammy Watkins
[Show Results]

Mack or Watkins

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 01:07 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Mack is just as big of a risk as Manziel of busting, if not more. Small school LB....Not something I'd want to spend a pick as high as 3 on. 

If Clown & Bridge are gone and the Jags don't select Manziel at 3, then I hope they just trade down. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would prefer Bortles or a trade down.  

Of the two poll options I'd take Mack.  No more top 5 wide receivers with legal troubles.

Quote:I would take Mack. Equal talents but WR is so deep this year.
This x2

Mack and then grab Jordan Matthews in the 2nd.

Quote:Who does Sammy compare to?
I'd say he's like Blackmon with much better speed. The way he catches the ball with his hands is so natural just like Justin. 

Quote:I'd say he's like Blackmon with much better speed. The way he catches the ball with his hands is so natural just like Justin. 
I agree. He runs angry after the catch too, much like Blackmon. He's not the open field, leave you tackling air, terrifying threat like Patterson. 

Quote:I agree. He runs angry after the catch too, much like Blackmon. He's not the open field, leave you tackling air, terrifying threat like Patterson. 
:woot:

I can see that a little bit, I dont think he has the power that Justin does or as good as a route runner but is faster.

Watkins is way more of a sure thing. One of the best WR prospects to come out in years.

I would love either one......but we need weapons badly.....too many 3 and outs......he is the best offensive player in the draft Mayock says.......and thats what my eyes have been telling me......he will be at the Larry Fitzgerald level

Quote:I would love either one......but we need weapons badly.....too many 3 and outs......he is the best offensive player in the draft Mayock says.......and thats what my eyes have been telling me......he will be at the Larry Fitzgerald level

Watkins actually reminds me of Roddy White. I don't remember white in college but similar build and route runner. Fitzgerald much bigger receiver.

Quote:Mack is just as big of a risk as Manziel of busting, if not more. Small school LB....Not something I'd want to spend a pick as high as 3 on.

If Clown & Bridge are gone and the Jags don't select Manziel at 3, then I hope they just trade down.

Manziel is a way bigger risk

Quote:Who does Sammy compare to?

Andre Johnson

They said the same thing about derrick harvey and <span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Quentin Groves around the 2008 draft so just like the qb's the defensive ends can become bust as well. Get the qb at #3 and i don't understand why people so against that logic especially after what we have suffered from the qb position last few years.</span>

[Image: giphy.gif]

Everyone has equal chance of busting. Just part of it. Can never tell. Aaron Curry was dubed the safest pick in the draft a few years back and was terrible. Just never know. I'd rather have Mack over Watkins, but both are not my top choice. I want Bridgewater. I'm even starting to like Manziel. 

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Everyone has equal chance of busting. Just part of it. Can never tell. Aaron Curry was dubed the safest pick in the draft a few years back and was terrible. Just never know. I'd rather have Mack over Watkins, but both are not my top choice. I want Bridgewater. I'm even starting to like Manziel. 

No.

Quote:Andre Johnson

Not really

Quote:No.

Statistically speaking, yes. There's a 50/50 chance of every player in this draft being a bust. It may not necessarily be their play, they could tear their ACL getting off of Shad's jet and never be the same.. Since hind aight is 20/20 and we are dealing with the unknown, yes, there is an equal chance of every player being a bust.
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Mack, and over Teddy.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Mack, and over Teddy.
I'm taking Teddy over every player in the last 2 drafts not named Luck or Wilson. 

Of the two choices...Mack, as you can still get a good WR beyond the first round.