Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brandon Spikes to leave Patriots?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...resh-start

Do u think Jaguars should be interested? I like Spikes but Jags have MLB but maybe Spikes could play will lb position. Go Jaguars!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

he's to slow to play anything other than mlb

I love Spikes as a player and as a Gator great, so my Gator homerism is making me want to say we must sign him, but he is pretty strictly a MLB and we just dont have that need right now.  So I cant see us signing him with Poz here.

Spikes is a good 2 down LB. With today's passing game, and quick offensive snaps, I would not want Spikes over Poz.

Hell no. We need speed at that position.

;

;

I like Spikes but he would not be a good fit here at all.

He's a bigger, slower, not-quite-as-good Poz. We don't need to drop coin on that.

No. Terrible in pass D. Only a run stopping linebacker. I'm hoping next season we are in close ball games and will need more emphasis on coverage linebackers

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Well I figured that u guys would say pass. I like Spikes but agree he's not as good as Poz. We surrently need to get faster at Olb.

If Karlos Dansby's contract that he reportedly agreed to with the Browns is an indication,  Brandon Spikes won't come cheap for the team that ends up signing him.   While Dansby is a more versatile LB than Spikes,  he's around 6 years older:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...year-deal/