Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If we get say like Vick or Mccown in FA then we need to get Sammy Watkins..

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 12:26 AM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

what do you all say I think he'll go great with Vick Blackmon Shorts Sanders Brown Lewis..

Denard Robinson to be used more at RB according to multiple reports..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Rather have McCown

Vick turns the ball over and is an horrendous decision maker

His off field stuff is a complete non issue to me, people show less compassion for human beings than animals

Quote:Rather have McCown

Vick turns the ball over and is an horrendous decision maker

His off field stuff is a complete non issue to me, people show less compassion for human beings than animals

Actually your right bro Mccown is younger and nearly doesn't turn the ball over as much as Vick..

Not just that People don't understand that Vick is injury prone..

the guy hasn't played a 16 game season since 2006.. why even be interested in him is beyond me..

Quote:Actually your right bro Mccown is younger and nearly doesn't turn the ball over as much as Vick..

the guy hasn't played a 16 game season since 2006.. why even be interested in him is beyond me..
If he took care of the ball and could be a dependable game manager I could deal with the injury prone issue

A guy like McCown could come and do spot duty to ease a rookie in if he isn't ready

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 12:38 AM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

Here's a article on Jags and Vick saying the Jags make more sense than Vikes and Jets..

Explains the Geno Smith part about pushing Vick as where he can start right away in J-Ville..

http://section215.com/2014/03/06/jaguars...k-vikings/

Quote:Here's a article on Jags and Vick saying the Jags make more sense than Vikes and Jets..

Explains the Geno Smith part about pushing Vick as where he can start right away in J-Ville..

http://section215.com/2014/03/06/jaguars...k-vikings/
Good post 

1. I don't Shad wants to be 4-12 again, I just have a feeling he won't stand for that

2. People say "wait for next year", next year comes around and no one wants anything to do with the qb class

If Vick gets hurt, do we go back to Gabbert????

I also think Bridgewater would beat Vick out in an open qb competition, Heck I think McCarron or Murray would give him a run for his money

Quote:Good post 

1. I don't Shad wants to be 4-12 again, I just have a feeling he won't stand for that

2. People say "wait for next year", next year comes around and no one wants anything to do with the qb class

If Vick gets hurt, do we go back to Gabbert????

I also think Bridgewater would beat Vick out in an open qb competition, Heck I think McCarron or Murray would give him a run for his money

Say Houston goes Bridgwater Falcons 2nd get Clowney just a scenario..

We could just use Vick as a mentor to either Bridgewater or Manziel..

I don't understand the criticism on Johnny.. The guy is considered the 2nd best qb in my book..

I have a hunch if Johnny has a strong pro day im and Teddy..

Then those 2 would be in talks for Houston.. 

I just think if Teddy were to go to texans then Vick i'm basically saying would mentor Johnny..

Vick gets hurt here comes JOHNNY FOOTBALL..

Quote:Say Houston goes Bridgwater Falcons 2nd get Clowney just a scenario..

We could just use Vick as a mentor to either Bridgewater or Manziel..

I don't understand the criticism on Johnny.. The guy is considered the 2nd best qb in my book..

I have a hunch if Johnny has a strong pro day im and Teddy..

Then those 2 would be in talks for Houston.. 

I just think if Teddy were to go to texans then Vick i'm basically saying would mentor Johnny..

Vick gets hurt here comes JOHNNY FOOTBALL..
I would go Mack or trade back. 

I know like Johnny, I like him as a college qb. The problem is that he has some fundamental things he has to curtail in order for him to become a viable NFL QB.

If he was 6'4+, 4.5 speed and a rocket launcher for an arm I would be ok with the risk. I don't think he has the physical tools to maintain his style of play in the NFL

He has to seat for a season or two. Lets face it, you don't draft in the top 10 to sit the guy. 

I would want someone like McCown mentoring Manziel though, teach him the nuances of the game and really develop his mind set as a pocket passer. 

I am also worried about Manziel's pocket presence when pocket shrinks and he has nowhere to go

How many Watkins threads you gonna start?

I think that would be a great idea if we're building for next year. But we're not. You don't take a stopgap QB and pair him with a luxury young receiver when there's better talent and need fits at 3.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

We'll probably know today if either of those guys are an option.  If Henne resigns, it'll probably be before tomorrow.  I always thought the plan was to resign Henne, but have a rookie start.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 08:51 AM by Kodiak.)

Quote:We'll probably know today if either of those guys are an option. If Henne resigns, it'll probably be before tomorrow. I always thought the plan was to resign Henne, but have a rookie start.
I think its tough to draft a Qb at three and not start him.

Signing Henne allows you to not take a QB at three.

Edit: So i think what today and tomorrow will tell us is whether we HAVE to go QB at three.

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 09:34 AM by TravC59.)

The only thing that makes me not want Vick is his injury history. He is a very good player when on the field. Makes things happen, but if he can't be on the field for at least 14 games, it just isn't worth it to me.

PS- Whi is this in college forum?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Actually your right bro Mccown is younger and nearly doesn't turn the ball over as much as Vick..

McCown is a year older than vick, mccown has played in 58 games in his 12 year career and vick has played in 128 games in a 13 year career. mccown career passer rating around 75. vick around 81. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I think its tough to draft a Qb at three and not start him.

Signing Henne allows you to not take a QB at three.

Edit: So i think what today and tomorrow will tell us is whether we HAVE to go QB at three.
I don't see how signing Henne affects our draft.  Either the QB there is worth it or he's not.  Henne at least gives us insurance as a stopgap and he's a solid backup.

Quote:McCown is a year older than vick, mccown has played in 58 games in his 12 year career and vick has played in 128 games in a 13 year career. mccown career passer rating around 75. vick around 81. 
I think people forget that last year was an abnormality for McCown, whereas it was more par for the course for the Michael Vick of post '09. Vick has become a better passer as he aged, and he is still dynamic. The biggest legitimate knock on him is his inability to finish a whole season healthy lately. That said. He usually gets 12+ games, and is around for the playoffs. I would be in favor of signing Vick, but I don't think you avoid drafting a QB just cause of that.

I think signing Vick should make you Smarter about drafting a QB, and less prone to reach. And that is how I want our front office to be anyway. I don't want them to ignore QB cause of a signing, but rather to draft how they should draft a QB anyway (i.e. based on evaluation and not overreaching because 'somebody else might steal Gabbert from us!').

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:I think people forget that last year was an abnormality for McCown, whereas it was more par for the course for the Michael Vick of post '09. Vick has become a better passer as he aged, and he is still dynamic. The biggest legitimate knock on him is his inability to finish a whole season healthy lately. That said. He usually gets 12+ games, and is around for the playoffs. I would be in favor of signing Vick, but I don't think you avoid drafting a QB just cause of that.

I think signing Vick should make you Smarter about drafting a QB, and less prone to reach. And that is how I want our front office to be anyway. I don't want them to ignore QB cause of a signing, but rather to draft how they should draft a QB anyway (i.e. based on evaluation and not overreaching because 'somebody else might steal Gabbert from us!').

Great post Rob, I agree with this 100%

Quote:I don't see how signing Henne affects our draft. Either the QB there is worth it or he's not. Henne at least gives us insurance as a stopgap and he's a solid backup.

Look at it this way.

You're at the car shop with tires that won't support your car anda limited aamount of money. You have enough to buy either some sweet rims or a sweet set of tires.

Since your tires don't work, you HAVE to buy the sweet tires for your car to function. however if your buddy gave you some Run down but functional ones for free, you now have options. You can either buy sweet rims or tires. Of course your buddy's tires wont be good forever but they'll be fine for now.

In short, your buddy's tires give you ooptions at the shop. Henne gives you options in the draft. That make any sense?

No thanks to Vick or McCown.

Vick is aging, injury prone, and will ultimately end up costing more than he's worth.  

McCown concerns me because any QB can have a good year.  The last McCown was bad enough for this franchise.  

While both are upgrades to Henne, that's pretty much what they are.  Immediate upgrades that cost a bit too much, and get us nowhere in the long run.  Especially if we take a WR in the 1st.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:McCown concerns me because any QB can have a good year. 
Except ours.