Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Lions reportedly have "strong" interest in Sammy Watkins

As they should, the Lions receiving core (other than Megatron) is awful, the would likely have to trade up to the 2nd or 3rd slot to select him, if they offered their 2nd round pick, would you do it?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

personally if this is me, im taking teddy bridgewater and running away happy. qbs are too important, if you think teddy is a franchise guy, you take him. if you dont, then i would do it in hopes i could get mack in the lions spot. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Man that would be a insane 1-2 combo with Calvin and Sammy

Not shocked here....makes perfect sense. 

They'll have to trade up to get him. He's not falling past #6.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Not shocked here....makes perfect sense.

I'm shocked that any GM would be dumb enough to let this sort of thing get leaked.

Andy Reid slash Chip Kelly slash Phil Savage would never let that happen.

Quote:They'll have to trade up to get him. He's not falling past #6.

OK, Jags dream scenario - 

Jags trade down to 6 with Atlanta, gain 2015 first rounder, + another pick(s) in 2014 draft.....then swap again from 6 to 10 with Detroit and gain a 2nd rounder (2014), plus a 3rd rounder (2015). 

Use pick 10 on BAP, or perhaps even trade down some more....

Get Garoppolo as QB at some point. 

Swap picks with the Lions and pick up their 2nd and 3rd.

Huh

We already gave you Mike Thomas. What? You want to make another deal? Ok...pull up a chair...let us see what else we can take from you...

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 04:05 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Swap picks with the Lions and pick up their 2nd and 3rd.

Yes, but not before swapping picks with Atlanta to get their 2015 first rounder, + another 2014 mid rounder. 

When Watkins is sitting there at 6, Detroit will bite. 

Quote:OK, Jags dream scenario - 

Jags trade down to 6 with Atlanta, gain 2015 first rounder, + another pick(s) in 2014 draft.....then swap again from 6 to 10 with Detroit and gain a 2nd rounder (2014), plus a 3rd rounder (2015). 

So you're on the Garoppolo bandwagon?   He's a pretty interesting prospect.  Not as a first rounder, of course.   He supposedly has outstanding fundamentals, like a quick release, great footwork, quick decision making.  

Quote:So you're on the Garoppolo bandwagon?   He's a pretty interesting prospect.  Not as a first rounder, of course.   He supposedly had outstanding fundamentals, like a quick release, great footwork, quick decision making.  

Yeah, I do like him. He's the last of my top 4 franchise level ceiling QB. 

This would be an awesome scenario.

In the off chance that ever happened.

I hope we draft Dennard at #10

That's a dream combo for the Lions. If Bridgewater/Clowney go 1-2 the Jaguars could attempt to demand a king's ransom.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:In the off chance that ever happened.

Gilbert > Dennard.

Quote:In the off chance that ever happened.

Is nice.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Gilbert > Dennard.

On height and straight line speed....Yes.

Technique and fit for our style of defense....No.

Quote:On height and straight line speed....Yes.

Technique and fit for our style of defense....No.

This

Quote:Yes, but not before swapping picks with Atlanta to get their 2015 first rounder, + another 2014 mid rounder. 

When Watkins is sitting there at 6, Detroit will bite. 

Highly unlikely Atlanta gives you that much to move from 6 to 3.

And also seems doubtful Oakland passes on Watkins.

Double whiff

;

;