Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Lions reportedly have "strong" interest in Sammy Watkins

Why would Atlanta want to trade up? If Clowney is there we should pick him, if hes not they dont want to trade up.

I would trade down with the Lions for a 2+3+5. They have a pretty complete team so I could see them giving that up if they really like Sammy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:As they should, the Lions receiving core (other than Megatron) is awful, the would likely have to trade up to the 2nd or 3rd slot to select him, if they offered their 2nd round pick, would you do it?
I would probably do it.  We need that extra round 2 pick.  We could probably get WR Mike Evans in the 1st at #10, then get starters at OG and DE in round 2.  Maybe something like:  

1. WR M. Evans

2. OG D. Yankey

2. DE S. Crighton

OR trade #10 to Steelers for their round 2 pick also.  (Steelers take WR Mike Evans)

1. (15) DE Kony Ealy

2. (37) OG David Yankey

2. (45) WR Jordan Matthews

2. (46) QB Jimmy Garoppolo

Rather just stay put and take one of the best prospects at 3. Clowney, Bridgewater, Mack, and Watkins would all trump an extra 2nd round pick IMO

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

I make a deal with them and don't think twice.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:As they should, the Lions receiving core (other than Megatron) is awful, the would likely have to trade up to the 2nd or 3rd slot to select him, if they offered their 2nd round pick, would you do it?
What is their pick? I think I need more, like next years 1st round pick also and a 4th.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

If Clowney is gone.....I kinda want Watkins for us.......either him or Mack. Mike Mayock on 1010XL said that he would be go to take at ANY pick.

Quote:If Clowney is gone.....I kinda want Watkins for us.......either him or Mack. Mike Mayock on 1010XL said that he would be go to take at ANY pick.
Mike Mayock liked a lot of Gene picks according to this board....

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

They probably want Evans instead. 

Calvin Johnson and Mike Evans

good grief

Quote:Rather just stay put and take one of the best prospects at 3. Clowney, Bridgewater, Mack, and Watkins would all trump an extra 2nd round pick IMO

This draft is too deep not to stockpile extra picks in any and every round.  To summarize:

Jaguars:  have needs in a plethora of places

+

Draft:  one of the deepest in recent memory and maybe historically

=

Trade down.....with the big IF:  IF THERE IS A TRADING UP PARTNER TO TRADE DOWN WITH

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

I wouldn't blame the Jaguars a bit if they asked for the moon to trade down as far as pick # 10.  That's what I would do in that position.

From a Lions perspective though,  I don't think what it would cost the Lions to trade up to pick # 3  would be in the best interest of the team.  If the Lions want Sammy Watkins badly enough,  I would wait to see if he lasts to a point of the draft that all it would take is trading a 3rd Round pick in order to switch places in the draft.   Otherwise,  either WR Mike Evans or CB Justin Gilbert would be viable alternatives with pick # 10.  

Agree with D6 and a few others.  Moving from 3 overall all the way to 10 for just an extra 2nd rounder isn't worth it, and I'm not sure it is worth it for the Lions to give up much more than that when they could sit tight, or only move up slightly, to get Evans or Gilbert / Dennard, and then get their WR in round 2 and/or 3.

I'd trade with the Lions in that case.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I wouldn't blame the Jaguars a bit if they asked for the moon to trade down as far as pick # 10.  That's what I would do in that position.

From a Lions perspective though,  I don't think what it would cost the Lions to trade up to pick # 3  would be in the best interest of the team.  If the Lions want Sammy Watkins badly enough,  I would wait to see if he lasts to a point of the draft that all it would take is trading a 3rd Round pick in order to switch places in the draft.   Otherwise,  either WR Mike Evans or CB Justin Gilbert would be viable alternatives with pick # 10.  
I do agree.  However, it wouldn't be surprising as they have a lot of pieces in place and Atlanta made an even larger move to grab Julio when they had Roddy.  I'd still only do it if we thought that whatever QB at 3 wasn't going to be franchise guy.