Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brandon Browner

@bbrowner27: I received wonderful news today. The NFL has reinstated me, and I now have

the opportunity to (cont) http://t.co/AG0Zbpxpgo

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's very overrated though...just to preempt people who are all like OHHHHEMMMMGEEE I'VE HEARD OF HIM SO IF DAVE DONT BRING HIM IN I QUIT.

They got a lot better when Thurmond and Maxwell were forced into bigger roles. 

I'd still take Browner on this team

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2014, 10:35 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:I'd still take Browner on this team
Alan Ball is better to be completely honest. Browner will be 30 and is just average. I don't think they go corner in FA at all, but if they do Thurmond makes much more sense as a Seattle dude who is 3 yrs younger and a good bit better.

Quote:Alan Ball is better to be completely honest. Browner will be 30 and is just average. I don't think they go corner in FA at all, but if they do Thurmond makes much more sense as a Seattle dude who is 3 yrs younger and a good bit better.

I'm not advocating we get Browner, as I agree with you, I'm happy with Ball's play -- just passing along the info!

Quote:I'm not advocating we get Browner, as I agree with you, I'm happy with Ball's play -- just passing along the info!
Yeah the topic was fine, I was just being preemptive like I said. Nothing aimed at you sir.

Quote:I'd still take Browner on this team
A 30-year-old corner who runs a 4.7 on a good day and looks as good as he does because he has three all-pros in the secondary with him.

Solid use of money. Hire this man for GM.

Quote:He's very overrated though...just to preempt people who are all like OHHHHEMMMMGEEE I'VE HEARD OF HIM SO IF DAVE DONT BRING HIM IN I QUIT.

They got a lot better when Thurmond and Maxwell were forced into bigger roles. 

Good thing you are so much smarter than everyone else. What would we do without you???

Quote:Good thing you are so much smarter than everyone else. What would we do without you???
You'd probably want to spend a large chunk of change on an average CB purely because you know his name and that he has connections to Gus in the past.

I would 100% be down to sign Browner. He will probably come at a significantly reduced rate for his level of talent and we have decent enough depth at CB and cap space where if we swing and miss, it won't affect us long-term. Why not?

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Browner will have to serve a 4 game suspension whenever he signs.

Now the question is when will Blackmon be reinstated?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Yes, lets sign a 30 year old CB who's one strike away from a Blackmon-like suspension....

solid plan. 

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 12:56 AM by jagsfreak27.)

Quote:Yes, lets sign a 30 year old CB who's one strike away from a Blackmon-like suspension....

solid plan. 

A player in his situation is going to be forced to include some kind of language to offset his contract were a situation like that to occur. There is literally no way signing him could hurt us long term and he would immediately come in and be the best player in our secondary. 

P.S: Good to see you back!

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:A player in his situation is going to be forced to include some kind of language to offset his contract were a situation like that to occur. There is literally no way signing him could hurt us long term and he would immediately come in and be the best player in our secondary. 

P.S: Good to see you back!

Thanks!

I think I'd rather us spend the money to get that ball hawk Free-Safety instead of spending on Browner. Byrd's younger, too and will make a big impact on the D. 

Quote:Thanks!

I think I'd rather us spend the money to get that ball hawk Free-Safety instead of spending on Browner. Byrd's younger, too and will make a big impact on the D. 

I tend to agree, but Byrd will command a lot of guaranteed money/years at a position where you already have young guys developing that played pretty solid last season in Evans and Guy. Browner can be had for pennies on the dollar and it's very rare you find a premium talent like him in that situation. We could probably still get about 3 quality seasons out of him and he's already familiar with the system. It seems like a no brainier to me. 

Great..now Byrd is going to get brought into every FA thread culminating in a half page rant about how the new FO is inept when they don't snag him.

Huh

Quote:I tend to agree, but Byrd will command a lot of guaranteed money/years at a position where you already have young guys developing that played pretty solid last season in Evans and Guy. Browner can be had for pennies on the dollar and it's very rare you find a premium talent like him in that situation. We could probably still get about 3 quality seasons out of him and he's already familiar with the system. It seems like a no brainier to me. 

I disagree that Browner will be able to be had for "pennies on the dollar". He won't command top dollar, but you're not getting him at the league minimum, either. 

Quote:I disagree that Browner will be able to be had for "pennies on the dollar". He won't command top dollar, but you're not getting him at the league minimum, either. 

We will have to see how it shakes out, but I guarantee that he will come at a considerable discount.

Quote:A 30-year-old corner who runs a 4.7 on a good day and looks as good as he does because he has three all-pros in the secondary with him.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've been telling Shad for years. But yes..I never said, "Hey, let's sign him!" All I was saying is that I would take him on the this team any day. 

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:A 30-year-old corner who runs a 4.7 on a good day and looks as good as he does because he has three all-pros in the secondary with him.

Serious clownery in this post. Overrated? This is a man who led the league is passes defended in 2012 and at several points had people asking if he was better than Sherman. He would easily become the best member of our secondary and I believe he still has about 3 more years as a top corner. Also he run about a 4.6 40, which isn't ideal, but it doesn't hurt him because he plays a PHYSICAL CB.