Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Everette Brown, DE, formerly of Dallas

He got released by Dallas a few days ago and is on the street.

Now when you think about that, it's a bit terrifying. Considering how bad that Dallas Defense was and they cut the guy, he must be rather awful. However he did have a nice few years in college, and he's only been in the League for four seasons. He seems like a perfect LEO, but I haven't really paid attention to him since he's been all over the place of late.

Anyone have a feel for this guy?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow, amazing how time flies. Watched him in college and definitely had loads of potential, but don't know much about his NFL career.

His ship may have finally sailed.

;

;

He was FSU right? Thought he was going to be better.

Quote:He was FSU right? Thought he was going to be better.

I thought so as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I had forgotten about this guy. Carolina gave away a future first round pick to pick him up in round 2; he was supposed to be the heir apparent to Peppers. Three teams have given him a shot, without sticking on any of them. It doesn't sound like a promising pick-up.

So has anyone actually seen him play in the past two years?
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:So has anyone actually seen him play in the past two years?

I saw Everette Brown in all 4 games of the 2012 pre-season,  as he was with the Lions.  Brown was dominate in the first pre-season game and had his moments at other times of the pre-season.   But in that first pre-season game was the player many envisioned when he came out of FSU.    Of course he was up against some players that never ended up playing a regular season game or rookies that were raw.   My take that summer was Brown played well enough to make the 53 man roster but he got caught in a numbers game.   The Lions were deep at DE and ended up keeping 5 DE's.   Brown was in essence the 6th DE.

What surprised me was Brown wasn't signed by another team in 2012.   I thought he even had a realistic chance of being claimed in the Waiver process after the final cuts.

During the 2013 season,  I recall seeing Brown in a number of Cowboys games.   He made his presence felt at times as a pass rusher.   The Cowboys were dealing with numerous injuries at both DE and DT.  Brown's play off the edge probably helped them stay in playoff contention.   The problem though was somewhat like was the case with the Lions the previous summer.   There were sizable stretches in which Brown was too quiet.    I'm not sure if it's ability limitations or an inconsistent motor.   Brown certainly was surrounded by good coaches in the summer of 2012 and in the 2013 regular season.

Considering it won't cost that much to sign him,  why not bring Everette Brown on board..   With a 90 man roster,  there's no downside.