Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Derrick cox

Just saw on twitter he's going to be released, that didn't last long

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yikes.

Best of luck to the guy going forward.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

He was arguably the worst starting CB in all of football last year.

Bring him back to Jax on a 1 year prove it deal!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2014, 04:18 PM by MinistryMan2007.)

Quote:Bring him back to Jax on a 1 year prove it deal!

Nah, I think his time to prove it has passed... If Gratz can stay healthy, we need a stop gap CB who is better than Middleton, or at least more consistent than Middleton, to play on the other side.

I really didn't think he would have that kind of drop off, he was at least decent when he was here...I would think he ends up in Chicago, because he did ok with Mel Tucker.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Speaks to how terrible a GM Gene Smith was.

Quote:He was arguably the worst starting CB in all of football last year.

And he was the best one on this team in 2012.

My, what Gene Smith's hands hath wrought.

I'm just gonna leave this right here.

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...ted/page-9

;

;

Gratz was a better CB than Cox last year and will only get better while Cox is declining.

Cox had a horrible year in San Diego, no one can deny that.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Nah, I think his time to prove it has passed... If Gratz can stay healthy, we need a stop gap CB who is better than Middleton, or at least more consistent than Middleton, to play on the other side.

By Middleton, do you mean Alan Ball?

Quote:I really didn't think he would have that kind of drop off, he was at least decent when he was here...I would think he ends up in Chicago, because he did ok with Mel Tucker
True..or maybe Denver to be united with Del Rio, I think both had a hand in developing him. I sure hate it for Cox. I really liked him while he was here, just never could stay healthy. He was pretty good here, but moves like this are why I completely trust Caldwell and Co. Here's hoping Cox can get it together and latch on somewhere. 

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

My strongest memory of Cox as a Jaguar was his benching early in his second year. I don't think he ever bounced back from that mentally. Good for him taking San Diego to the cleaners like that.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2014, 09:55 PM by MinistryMan2007.)

Quote:By Middleton, do you mean Alan Ball?

I'm an idiot... I meant Will Blackmon.

Alan Ball was consistently bad. We kinda knew that by the bye week. Blackmon started well, but seemed to fade down the stretch. And by fade, he got toasted regularly.

If our choice is between either of those two, we're in trouble. I'd like to see us go after an Antoine Cason or Vontae Davis in FA, then let Ball and Blackmon duke it out for nickel corner, while using a late round pick on a project DB.

What are you talking about? Ball was a pleasant surprise for us this year. Easily and by far our best corner. 

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:I'm an idiot... I meant Will Blackmon.

Alan Ball was consistently bad. We kinda knew that by the bye week. Blackmon started well, but seemed to fade down the stretch. And by fade, he got toasted regularly.

If our choice is between either of those two, we're in trouble. I'd like to see us go after an Antoine Cason or Vontae Davis in FA, then let Ball and Blackmon duke it out for nickel corner, while using a late round pick on a project DB.
Ball and Blackmon were both very solid. Our secondary was the strength of the team. Ball was top 20 and Blackmon top 30 for PFF corners, and far and away our most valuable bank for the buck players too. 

I was very skeptical of the Ball signing but was pleasantly surprised. Blackmon played his role well too, I thought.

Quote:And he was the best one on this team in 2012.

My, what Gene Smith's hands hath wrought.
I can't resist, as a regular reader of the KJV, I feel the need to change your last sentence. What hath Gene Smith's hand wrought.

The KJV doesn't phrase things in modern order with old words. In fact it uses many words differently from modern usage (i.e. it uses meat as food rather than just animal meat, it uses nephew as grandson (bet that one is new to ya!), etc.). I love it, but it is sort of like relearning English. Once you get used to it though, you will find that the Old English can be a lot more specific than modern English sometimes. And it is beautiful to read. Much better, in general, than the modern stuff (mostly, there are exceptions). Anyway, back on topic.

It is funny that Cox was so bad last year. I am very glad that we didn't resign him. Its hard to believe that people were mad we let him go...

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Dewey Cox would have posted better stats.
Only a chump boos the home team!