Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vick&Fisch a good combination?

This draft class seems to lack that Qb that you can just plug in day one. It could be beneficial to allow a young QB to sit back the first half or even an entire season until he knows the offense.  Vick should be affordable and could add some excitement to this team combined with fisch's playcalling could put an early spark to this ball club.  Vick is injury prone but is still the most atheltic Qb in football.  I think it could be a good fit for a 1 or 2 year deal.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The only way Vick makes sense is if this team drafts Johnny Manziel and they plan on having Vick be the bridge/ backup QB. This way the game plan wouldn't have to be altered all that much due to each's skill set. 

Otherwise, big fat NO. 

I don't want Vick here for any reason.  Exciting guy to watch but he's not the type of QB we need here right now.  On top of how unreliable he is with injuries.

Do not want.

Honestly, if we signed Vick, I would be a little bit excited. Not that hes gonna put us in position to do anything really special, but the thought of anyone other than Gabbert or Henne starting a game for us sounds exciting.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:Honestly, if we signed Vick, I would be a little bit excited. Not that hes gonna put us in position to do anything really special, but the thought of anyone other than Gabbert or Henne starting a game for us sounds exciting.
^this

Quote:The only way Vick makes sense is if this team drafts Johnny Manziel and they plan on having Vick be the bridge/ backup QB. This way the game plan wouldn't have to be altered all that much due to each's skill set. 

Otherwise, big fat NO. 
I would rather the idea of drafting Sammy Watkins in the 1st and Tajh Boyd in the 2nd just to go ahead and provide immediate and impactful upgrades.Along with Vick actually starting. Allow Gabbert and Henne to compete.

Boyd and Watkins would be a great story if they grow together from college thru their respectful and highly productive pro careers, bringing J-Ville a couple chips and those guys end up as HOF's. In Jedd Fisch's offense. That would be cool. Vick and Henne get their rings too, along with the great coaches and so many well deserved others.

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

I say sign vick IF we go QB later (Murray/McCaron) Let them sit and learn for a year, and if Vick as success than hey, maybe we have trade bait next year?

Bridgewater could start from day 1
Shock the world

Quote:I would rather the idea of drafting Sammy Watkins in the 1st and Tajh Boyd in the 2nd just to go ahead and provide immediate and impactful upgrades.Along with Vick actually starting. Allow Gabbert and Henne to compete.

Boyd and Watkins would be a great story if they grow together from college thru their respectful and highly productive pro careers, bringing J-Ville a couple chips and those guys end up as HOF's. In Jedd Fisch's offense. That would be cool. Vick and Henne get their rings too, along with the great coaches and so many well deserved others.

Boyd is terrible. 

First quarterback in ACC history with 30-plus touchdown passes in three seasons. Set an ACC record with 107 career touchdown passes. Was named the 2012 ACC Player of the Year. 2013: Second-team All-ACC selection, and finalist for the Johnny Unitas Award and Manning Award. 2012: Semifinalist for the Davey O'Brien Award (given to nation's top QB), and was a first-team All-ACC selection. Responsible for an ACC-record 46 touchdowns (breaking his own record from 2011). 2011: Semifinalist for the Davey O’Brien Award as well as the Maxwell Award (nation's top player), and was a first-team All-ACC pick. Responsible for a then-ACC-record 38 touchdowns. MVP os ACC Championship Game againt Virginia Tech. 2010: Played in seven games and was a Future Impact Player Award winner. 2009: Redshirted. High school: Won two state championships.

I dont know much about him, just saw this about him.

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2014, 05:54 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:This draft class seems to lack that Qb that you can just plug in day one. It could be beneficial to allow a young QB to sit back the first half or even an entire season until he knows the offense.  Vick should be affordable and could add some excitement to this team combined with fisch's playcalling could put an early spark to this ball club.  Vick is injury prone but is still the most atheltic Qb in football.  I think it could be a good fit for a 1 or 2 year deal.

Yeah, there were a lot of comments below one of the stories about the idea of Vick to the Jets.

The best comment pointed out the futility of spending millions for a quarterback that you already know is going to get hurt, leaving you with a play book that nobody else is going to be able to run.

Of course, this is also something Jaguars' fans desiring Johnny Manziel need to think about.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

I would welcome Vick. He's sure better than Henne. Vick also adds another dimension.

My stance on Vick is unchanged regardless of how many splinter threads get started. Again.. no.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2014, 08:44 AM by roycee.)

Quote:First quarterback in ACC history with 30-plus touchdown passes in three seasons. Set an ACC record with 107 career touchdown passes. Was named the 2012 ACC Player of the Year. 2013: Second-team All-ACC selection, and finalist for the Johnny Unitas Award and Manning Award. 2012: Semifinalist for the Davey O'Brien Award (given to nation's top QB), and was a first-team All-ACC selection. Responsible for an ACC-record 46 touchdowns (breaking his own record from 2011). 2011: Semifinalist for the Davey O’Brien Award as well as the Maxwell Award (nation's top player), and was a first-team All-ACC pick. Responsible for a then-ACC-record 38 touchdowns. MVP os ACC Championship Game againt Virginia Tech. 2010: Played in seven games and was a Future Impact Player Award winner. 2009: Redshirted. High school: Won two state championships.

I dont know much about him, just saw this about him.
He's inconsistent. When he's on his game he looks like a 1st round guy...when he's not he looks like a mid round guy

On Vick: Nope. his play style is "exciting" but the results at the end of the day are the same that a guy like Henne would give you.

Boyd in the 2nd?  lol

Huh

Over Henne, yes.  No round 3, please.

Gabbert is going to win the starting job.  He's matured mentally. 

Quote:Gabbert is going to win the starting job.  He's matured mentally. 

He has the past two years, so why not?

Quote:Gabbert is going to win the starting job. He's matured mentally.
sarcasm right?

According to what I have read about how Gus and Dave plan to build this team, Vick would not be a good fit in Jacksonville. 

1) The plan, as I understand it, is to build with YOUTH.   We already have a caretaker QB that Gus and Dave like, Chad Henne.   Assuming we re-sign Henne, the other QBs on the roster will be YOUNG.  

2) In addition to that, Gus and Dave have said they are going to be very careful that whomever they bring in will fit the culture of the team.   This means most guys just won't fit the culture, which means you cannot just say, "I like this guy, he's good, let's go get him."   It's not like going to the grocery store and filling you cart.   Gus and Dave are going to be VERY PARTICULAR.   So you have to keep this in mind when you look at a prospect.   Does he fit our culture.  (Think Seattle.)

3) Vick is not going to sign a contract to be a ceretaker QB.  He's not going to agree to move over when our young prospect is ready.  

4) We're not going to the playoffs next year.   Next year has to continue to be about YOUNG PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.  

Everyone seems to just throw names out there- we need to sign this guy, we need to sign that guy.  If you want to know who we are really going to sign, you have to put yourself in Gus and Dave's heads and think of the long term plan.    Everyone's desperate, desperate, desperate, for a QB.   Gus and Dave are not going to act out of desperation.