Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jairus Byrd - Go get him, Jacksonville!

If someone is leaving a team by choice, the last place they'll want to go is Jacksonville.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Here are my thoughts on Byrd and the Jags:

I like the thinking TMD but to me it doesnt make sense for where we are as a team right now.

3: Ben Tate/Dmac, want one of these guys

I'd rather take the money that would be spent on one of these RB and use it on Byrd. 

RB are a dime a dozen and the most replaceable position in football these days. A cheap draft choice or trade for Bryce Brown would suffice for addressing the position

Quote:If someone is leaving a team by choice, the last place they'll want to go is Jacksonville.

Ok ESPN

Quote:If someone is leaving a team by choice, the last place they'll want to go is Jacksonville.
Yeah, why would you want to go to a nice warm city with a positive coach and great fans? Who would want that. 

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2014, 02:20 AM by JaguarScience95.)

Quote:Yeah, why would you want to go to a nice warm city with a positive coach and great fans? Who would want that.

Also don't forget no state tax
"Get Better Everyday"

I say do it but unfortunately it looks like another year of Josh Evans and Winston Guy.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2014, 07:50 AM by leopold332002.)

We also have cheap properties in this city and miami just down the street and orlando around the corner. Oh yeah, this is a bad place to live in the U.S. but according to you free agents rather  go to cleveland, and buffalo instead of Duval County? Yeah Right.

[Image: giphy.gif]

People need to also understand that living here as a star you can be yourself and go places without being smuggle by zealous fans unlike places such as Boston. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Not interested.

There are far too many OTHER pressing needs to spend money on in FA.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Disagree.

Florida is one of the most desirable states for a player to play in. And Jacksonville is not looked at as badly as you would probably think.

Tax-wise, it saves them a ton of money. Great weather. Close to places like Orlando, Miami, Atlanta.

A lot of former players stay in Jacksonville long after their careers are over for a reason.

;

;

Quote:Not interested.

There are far too many OTHER pressing needs to spend money on in FA.

Ok, I'll bite...

Like what? & for who?....

Quote:Yeah, why would you want to go to a nice warm city with a positive coach and great fans? Who would want that. 

Quote:Ok ESPN

Yeah, a coveted 27 year old ball hawking safety from Buffalo would totally want to go to a roster that has been gutted twice in five years and hardly has a chance of competing for anything next year. The "commitment to rebuilding" line is a very, very hard sell especially if there are better options like Philadelphia vying for his services

This team's stars will come entirely from the draft. Players like Byrd will have far more appealing choices than Jacksonville.

That's just how it is. That's how its always been with the Jags since the novelty of playing on the team wore off. We live and die by our own stars.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2014, 11:58 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Yeah, a coveted 27 year old ball hawking safety from Buffalo would totally want to go to a roster that has been gutted twice in five years and hardly has a chance of competing for anything next year. The "commitment to rebuilding" line is a very, very hard sell especially if there are better options like Philadelphia vying for his services

This team's stars will come entirely from the draft. Players like Byrd will have far more appealing choices than Jacksonville.

That's just how it is. That's how its always been with the Jags since the novelty of playing on the team wore off. We live and die by our own stars.

well if Mr Gus Juice is all that he's cracked up to be the way some of you gush over him, then it would seem to me that money being the same, Jax should be relevant in the FA convo....and thats before weather and no state tax enter the convo

Quote:Ok, I'll bite...

Like what? & for who?....
Unlike you, I'm not going to sit here and try to endlessly convince people that my opinion is the only right one. My opinion is that they should concentrate on other areas, namely both lines. The end. Carry on.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Unlike you, I'm not going to sit here and try to endlessly convince people that my opinion is the only right one. My opinion is that they should concentrate on other areas, namely both lines. The end. Carry on.

The Free Safety position, particularly having a legit ball-hawk there is just as important to this defense as the line's are to this team. 

Quote:We also have cheap properties in this city and miami just down the street and orlando around the corner. Oh yeah, this is a bad place to live in the U.S. but according to you free agents rather  go to cleveland, and buffalo instead of Duval County? Yeah Right.
I never said anything like that. Don't be an idiot.

I am, however, saying someone would want to go to Philadelphia or New York over Jacksonville.

Byrd is far from being on the samr level as Earl Thomas, and he hasn't really played in cov1/cov3. He's got range but I am not sure we should break the bank for a projection.

Quote:Byrd is far from being on the samr level as Earl Thomas, and he hasn't really played in cov1/cov3. He's got range but I am not sure we should break the bank for a projection.

He's not as much the physical player, but is probably the better ball-hawk of the 2. 

Yes, please. 

Quote:Byrd is far from being on the samr level as Earl Thomas, and he hasn't really played in cov1/cov3. He's got range but I am not sure we should break the bank for a projection.

I disagree.  I'd rather have Byrd than Thomas, but it doesn't really matter because they might as well play different positions.

My top 5 FA target list goes something like:

1. Byrd

2. Orakpo

3. Mack

4. Bennett

5. Asomoah

In no particular order.

Quote:I disagree.  I'd rather have Byrd than Thomas, but it doesn't really matter because they might as well play different positions.

My top 5 FA target list goes something like:

1. Byrd

2. Orakpo

3. Mack

4. Bennett

5. Asomoah

In no particular order.

I agree with your top 3, in that order...

but would put Asomoah at 4, and replace Bennett with Houston, I think.