Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ten Days until NFL Free Agency Starts

Quote:Where is your list?

I already outlined my plan. Although now it will need to be updated - I wanted to target 1 or 2 top flight level FA's like Hardy/ Byrd/ Orakpo/ Mack

and then after one or 2 of them are signed then hold off and wait and then in a few weeks go bargain shopping for some more Sen Derrick Marks type of signings. 

What we do NOT want is to target average players to overpay for in FA like in the past with Pashos/ Landry/ Session/ Porter etc etc. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Looks like no splashes for us
Are you suprised? The Jags hardly ever make a splash inFA

We need to go after Orakpo hard. Looks like he will hit the Market. He will have a lot of suitors so Caldwell has to man up.

@TMD

I know people want these top flight pass rushers for the LEO role, but think you guys are severely underating Arthur Jones in that DE role. He would be a significant upgrade to Alualu and a young player.

Also if B.J. Raji signs for what I outlined (4yrs - 22 mill) that basically is similar to a Marks signing (4 yrs - 18 mill). Then that Leo role becomes alot easier to fill with a lesser kmown player or even in the draft when the other three starters on the D-line are Marks, Raji, and Jones.

I'm hoping for Arty Jones myself.

Quote:Are you suprised? The Jags hardly ever make a splash inFA
Not surprised by the Jags, but surprised that there doesn't seem to be any potential splashes. Everyone is getting extended with the new cap or tagged

I think we're gonna see some nice changes when it comes to this regime and FA.. Remember, for a long time, the former regime was very passive. Love Weaver to death, opened the door for this team. But he made poor choices when it came to GM's and coaches (aside from Coughlin). I think this current regime is going to surprise a lot of people with their aggressiveness when it comes to free agency and the draft. At least they should understand that we can't win with bargain basement players. I would hope anyway.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Anyone else see MJD going to Oakland?

Quote:Anyone else see MJD going to Oakland?

He could, given they seem to be letting both McFadden and Jenning test the FA waters....but I think MoJo will wind up on a team thats a bit closer to winning something than the Raiders are. 

Quote:He could, given they seem to be letting both McFadden and Jenning test the FA waters....but I think MoJo will wind up on a team thats a bit closer to winning something than the Raiders are.
He'd be better off retiring. Colts and Falcons still need a RB

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2014, 12:53 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:He'd be better off retiring. Colts and Falcons still need a RB

Falcons. Bang! - there ya go. Thats where I see him landing. Need, familiarity with some of the coaches...makes sense. 

I thought orakpo was getting franchised? Orakpo mack and raji would make me a happy person that's for sure
Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:I thought orakpo was getting franchised? Orakpo mack and raji would make me a happy person that's for sure

They wouldn't sign all 3 of them. Maybe 2. 

Raji is coming off a terrible season in a contract year. I don't want any part of that. Mack and Orakpo would be nice but I don't see us landing two of the top five available FA's. Just seems unlikely.

Quote:We need to go after Orakpo hard. Looks like he will hit the Market. He will have a lot of suitors so Caldwell has to man up.

Orakpo, Byrd + a few cheaper gems for improving the OL, and I'd be happy

Quote:Falcons. Bang! - there ya go. Thats where I see him landing. Need, familiarity with some of the coaches...makes sense. 
Ravens with the Ray Rice situation being so in the air. Looking at jail time and a potentially lengthy suspension.

Quote:Orakpo, Byrd + a few cheaper gems for improving the OL, and I'd be happy
Then prepare to be unhappy. Those are ridiculous expectations. 

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2014, 04:57 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Then prepare to be unhappy. Those are ridiculous expectations. 

2 higher price FA's and some cheaper Sen Derrick Mark's level contracts is "ridiculous" expectations for FA now?

My God, this poor fanbase has been beaten into the ground. :no:

Quote:2 higher price FA's and some cheaper Sen Derrick Mark's level contracts is "ridiculous" expectations for FA now?

I think you're undervaluing how much they'll get on the open market.

Quote:2 higher price FA's and some cheaper Sen Derrick Mark's level contracts is "ridiculous" expectations for FA now?

I would be happy if we landed one of those top FAs... getting two of them is a dream scenario but it is ridiculous if you "expect" it.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>