Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ten Days until NFL Free Agency Starts

If Byrd and Arakpo become free agents, we need to make a big push and try to get them both.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If Byrd and Arakpo become free agents, we need to make a big push and try to get them both.
Its not going to happen.  There will be tags put on both players.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Its not going to happen.  There will be tags put on both players.

Thats funny because from what I read today, the likelyhood of both reaching FA is pretty good, especially with Byrd. 

Here's a question.. if you could have Arakpo or Byrd, but only 1 of them - who do you take?

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:2 higher price FA's and some cheaper Sen Derrick Mark's level contracts is "ridiculous" expectations for FA now?

My God, this poor fanbase has been beaten into the ground. :no:
First, I highly doubt both hit the market. If they do they will be two of the top 3 or 4 FA period. The other 31 teams will just roll over and let the Jags monopolize the FA period, that should happen no problem. 

Second, Byrd just turned down a contract from the Bills that would have made him the highest paid safety in the league...you really think that Dave is going to top that? 

That would fly directly in the face of everything Dave has ever said about how he wants to build the team. Feel free to hope for that but there will be absolutely zero basis for you to be upset when it doesn't happen. The disappointment would purely be compared to your expectations, and not from any hints from anyone with a say in the matter...because they have said the opposite. 

Lamarr Houston would also be a nice pickup IMO.

I think this would be a successful and somewhat realistic free agency:

Jason Worilds: 5 years, $35M

Evan Dietrich-Smith: 4 years, $16M

Mike Neal: 3 years, $10M

John Asomoah: 2 years, $8M

Worilds can play OLB/LEO depending on the package. Dietrich-Smith and Asomoah will help solidify the interior offensive line and both have experience and success in a zone blocking scheme. Neal is a versatile defensive lineman who could battle Alualu for a starting spot.

Quote:I think this would be a successful and somewhat realistic free agency:

Jason Worilds: 5 years, $35M

Evan Dietrich-Smith: 4 years, $16M

Mike Neal: 3 years, $10M

John Asomoah: 2 years, $8M

Worilds can play OLB/LEO depending on the package. Dietrich-Smith and Asomoah will help solidify the interior offensive line and both have experience and success in a zone blocking scheme. Neal is a versatile defensive lineman who could battle Alualu for a starting spot.

Switch Neal for Lamarr Houston and this is exactly what I'd like to see.

Quote:Orakpo, Byrd + a few cheaper gems for improving the OL, and I'd be happy

This would make me incredibly happy

MJD to the giants
Shock the world

Quote:MJD to the giants

Linval Joseph to the Jaguars

Poor TMD, Orakpo not hitting the open market after all...duh.

Quote:Lamarr Houston would also be a nice pickup IMO.

I like Houston alot. Would be a great pickup.

;

;

Quote:Poor TMD, Orakpo not hitting the open market after all...duh.

lol...."poor TMD"?... I'm just looking for players to help the team....

But yeah, lets cut our nose to spite our face and celebrate when potential FA's get taken off the market!, like the above comment....smh....what a weird bunch some of you are...

Quote:lol...."poor TMD"?... I'm just looking for players to help the team....

But yeah, lets cut our nose to spite our face and celebrate when potential FA's get taken off the market!, like the above comment....smh....what a weird bunch some of you are...
Good job looking for players to help the team. However, bad job looking in places that had extremely remote odds of happening thus setting yourself up to be disappointed.

Quote:Good job looking for players to help the team. However, bad job looking in places that had extremely remote odds of happening thus setting yourself up to be disappointed.

Oh, you mean bad job for me looking in places that had legit differencemaker type of players that would have had the most impact in improving the record. Gotcha. 

Commence, going back to looking at average FA's that will have minimal impact. 

Quote:Commence, going back to looking at average FA's that will have minimal impact. 
There is a very large gap in between NFL position record breaking salary FA, like Byrd and Mack, and average FA's that will have minimal impact. Dave hit inbetween those well last year and I expect he will do that again, with maybe a notch higher impact even like a Lamarr Houston or or Jason Worilds. 

Quote:There is a very large gap in between NFL position record breaking salary FA, like Byrd and Mack, and average FA's that will have minimal impact. Dave hit inbetween those well last year and I expect he will do that again, with maybe a notch higher impact even like a Lamarr Houston or or Jason Worilds. 

You usually get what you pay for. 

Sen Derrick Mark's type deals are the exception to the rule. 

Quote:Oh, you mean bad job for me looking in places that had legit differencemaker type of players that would have had the most impact in improving the record. Gotcha. 

Commence, going back to looking at average FA's that will have minimal impact. 
so, you want us to be FA "winners"?

Quote:so, you want us to be FA "winners"?

This offseason? yep. Every offseason? Nope. 

Lets pretend that Byrd & Orakpo/ Mack/ etc wouldn't be big time impact players, I know...