Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report says Dolphins may be shopping Jordan, Wake and Wallace

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jaso...ion-jordan

Have to say, Wake would be a great pick up for us. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2014, 04:45 PM by TJBender.)

Wake's 32 years old. By the time this team is geared up for a deep playoff run, he'll be on a sharp decline. I like him as a player today, but not three years from now.

I'm still not convinced that the Jordan rumors are true (or any of these rumors, honestly), but Wallace wouldn't surprise me in the least. For what the Dolphins paid for him, they got hosed.

Quote:Wake's 32 years old. By the time this team is geared up for a deep playoff run, he'll be on a sharp decline. I like him as a player today, but not three years from now.

I'm still not convinced that the Jordan rumors are true (or any of these rumors, honestly), but Wallace wouldn't surprise me in the least. For what the Dolphins paid for him, they got hosed.
I don't understand why everyone thinks it's impossible for us to go on a playoff run sooner rather than later? Give us a QB, a pass rush (Wake) and an improved interior line and we've got a competitive team. 

Wake is 32????????

Jeezus where has the time gone? :blink: 

Quote:I don't understand why everyone thinks it's impossible for us to go on a playoff run sooner rather than later? Give us a QB, a pass rush (Wake) and an improved interior line and we've got a competitive team. 

I agree. 

I think if the Jordan rumors are true, it speaks volumes.  I didn't like him last year, and it would appear (again if the rumors are true) that the Fish aren't too crazy about him now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I think if the Jordan rumors are true, it speaks volumes.  I didn't like him last year, and it would appear (again if the rumors are true) that the Fish aren't too crazy about him now.

Maybe he's a better fit for a different defense?....Just throwing that possibility out there. 

Quote:Maybe he's a better fit for a different defense?....Just throwing that possibility out there. 
Perhaps. 

But we don't run a 3-4.  He still wouldn't be a good fit for us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2014, 05:10 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

lol and the Dolphins traded up for him

Quote:I think if the Jordan rumors are true, it speaks volumes.  I didn't like him last year, and it would appear (again if the rumors are true) that the Fish aren't too crazy about him now.

If the rumors are true and the Dolphins end up trading Dion Jordan,  it would be the 2nd straight season in which the # 3 pick in the draft the year before was traded.   That in itself would be a major story.  

It seemed like the Dolphins coaches didn't have the same opinion of Dion Jordan as their former GM,  Jeff Ireland.  Jordan probably saw the field less than the vast majority of 1st Round picks in 2013 that didn't suffer a major injury last year.

Quote:Wake is 32????????

He played in the CFL for a couple seasons, so he entered the league at 27.

Quote:lol and the Dolphins traded up for him

Gabbert?

What would they want for Jordan?  Too steep?  He's not a good fit for the LEO?

Huh

Report is saying a lot these days. I think Report needs to learn to keep his damn mouth shut.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2014, 07:13 PM by ATLjag.)

Dion Jordan had a torn labrum and had it operated on in March of last year. The initial recovery time was expected to be about 3 months. However, six months later in training camp, they were still having to limit him significantly due to soreness in the shoulder. Most external experts suggested that the pain was normal for having to break up the scar tissue. The local PR was proclaiming that his play time was limited in the season due to the residual soreness, not wanting to re-aggravate the injury, lack of full participation in the offseason and preseason in his development process, and Vernon surprisingly outplaying him as a complete DE. He was used only as a situational pass rusher. I think this guy has real pass rush ability with further development.

Dolphin's ex-GM Ireland traded up to the third pick to move ahead of Philly's Chip Kelly, his former college coach, who has stated afterwards that he would have chosen Jordan with the fourth pick. Tom Gamble, Philly's VP of player personnel, loves Jordan and believes he would excel in the Philly 3-4. An interesting side note is that Gamble was interviewed for the Phins GM job when Ireland was fired recently. Philly seems to be the most likely landing spot, and has the 22nd pick in the first round to pull off a possible trade.

If Jordan's shoulder is healthy, the LEO position on the Jags would be a very good fit for him. What would it take to acquire him from the Phins? The Phins have pick 1-19, and a deep desire to land one of the premier OTs in the draft. The 1-3 pick would be very advantageous for them, with Robinson and/or Matthews on the board. The Jags could pick up a young LEO pass rusher with a high ceiling, and still have a pick near the middle of the first round. I am not sold on the thought as yet...but it's growing favorably for me.

Quote:What would they want for Jordan?  Too steep?  He's not a good fit for the LEO?
He's a very good fit for the LEO role.

I had a torn Labrum that I had surgically repaired during my JUCO days and I seemed to have the same issues that it looks like Jordan is going through. If I remember correctly, the labrum is what holds the shoulder in place. I tore mine the first game of the season and sat out two games and then played with a harness that kept me from having full range of motion on my shoulder, my shoulder even came out of socket once or twice a game. We could see on tape where someone would help me pop it back in after a play. This led to the socket getting chipped each dislocation which was not discovered until I was in surgery. This caused my 3 month recovery table to be extended to 6 months. I still have issues with mine today. Soreness, pain when lifting weights or pull ups sometimes, etc. If Jordan is still having issues with his, i'm afraid it will be for life. I wanted to take Jordan last year but now I would stay clear of him. He may be better, but (and this is only if it's similar to mine) he may only ever reach 80-85%, which isn't a type of guy we should give up a 2nd for 

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:I don't understand why everyone thinks it's impossible for us to go on a playoff run sooner rather than later? Give us a QB, a pass rush (Wake) and an improved interior line and we've got a competitive team. 
It's not that I think a playoff run is impossible, it's just that I think it's unlikely to happen next year. Wake's sack total was nearly halved last year from his 2012 numbers (8.5 vs. 15), and he's at the age where decline happens. I'd rather see this team built for a long series of playoff runs, not for a one-year shoot-the-moon effort by wasting picks on veterans who are closer to the end than the beginning. That's why I don't like the idea of Wake or Red Bryant in Jaguars uniforms, even though I do like them both as players.

Quote:Wake is 32????????

Canada, mostly.

Stuff like this makes you appreciate a good owner like the Jags have. Khan wants to win, but he's patient. He understands he doesn't know how to build a winning football team by himself (Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, Stephen Ross), so he let's football guys get their time and make the decisions.

Drafting a guy 3rd overall just to try and trade him after a year makes no sense. We should be happy we took Luke Joeckel and not Dion Jordan.
No commercial messages in sigs

Still wondering how true the whole Dion Jordan on the trade block thing is. 

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."