Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seattle QB Coach - Carl Smith

Yep, that Carl Smith. He just coached up a Super Bowl winner in Russell Wilson. Head - a'splosioned.

I had no idea the guy was still in the League! Good on him!

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"...'He’s a world champion,' Smith said. 'How about that one? They can say a lot of stuff, but one thing they’ve got to say now is he’s a world champion
.'”

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2014, 04:05 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Another example of the Peter Principle. 

Fine QB coach, not good enough to be a really good OC. 

There are so many examples of this throughout the league its not even funny. 

Our former Bill Musgrave is yet another, and in an identical capacity comparison. 

One thing I used to find funny when Carl Smith was the OC and Mike Smith was the DC is how the two were polar opposites. At team functions, Mike Smith would be there well dressed, short hair, looking like a guy who is ex-military. Carl Smith would be there with this goofy unkempt curly mop, Hawaiian shirt, looking like a guy who should be singing karaoke at the Monkey's Uncle.

;

;

Quote:One thing I used to find funny when Carl Smith was the OC and Mike Smith was the DC is how the two were polar opposites. At team functions, Mike Smith would be there well dressed, short hair, looking like a guy who is ex-military. Carl Smith would be there with this goofy unkempt curly mop, Hawaiian shirt, looking like a guy who should be singing karaoke at the Monkey's Uncle.

not surprising that one career success topped out at position coach, while the other one (despite me thinking he;s overrated) wound up going on to have success as far up the ladder as head coach in this league. 

Pete Rodrigurz was the perfect middle ground on the Carl Smith/Mike Smith spectrum.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Pete Rodrigurz was the perfect middle ground on the Carl Smith/Mike Smith spectrum.

who, - you mean the laughing hyena?