Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should we care who wins the division?

Obviously we don't want any of our last three opponents to go undefeated because that means they beat us too. Beating three division opponents, to finish the season makes every game mean more. However, I am fully aware two teams are 7-6 and another is 6-7 with three games left. With Jacksonville out of the playoffs, do you care which team wins the division?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't personally care who wins the division. But if I had to pick out of these three I'd say the tacks because they're playing with two first round pick's in a few months and the more successful they are the lower that 2nd pick of their's in the 1st RD will go in value. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I don't personally care who wins the division. But if I had to pick out of these three I'd say the tacks because they're playing with two first round pick's in a few months and the more successful they are the lower that 2nd pick of their's in the 1st RD will go in value. 

Yeah good point there, it's just hard to root for any of our division rivals especially the tacks.

I would hope the tacks win just because they haven't in what 6 years maybe? I also like Mariotta

Quote:Yeah good point there, it's just hard to root for any of our division rivals especially the tacks.

It was hard to root against the Texans when they hosted the Patriots a couple years ago. I had to keep reminding myself to root for New England. Usually I have no problem wanting a division rival to lose.

I'm not rooting for any of them...whoever wins it, wins it.  I don't care, but I hope they lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:I would hope the tacks win just because they haven't in what 6 years maybe? I also like Mariotta

I was thinking I'd rather see Tacks

Quote:I was thinking I'd rather see Tacks

Why do you want Tennessee to win it?

I hope they all lose.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2016, 10:56 AM by SeldomRite.)

Quote:I'm not rooting for any of them...whoever wins it, wins it. I don't care, but I hope they lose in the first round of the playoffs.

It seems likely to happen as whomever wins will be the four seed playing against either the raiders or chiefs, and neither of those teams is a pushover.

Quote:It seems likely to happen as whomever wins will be the four seed playing against either the raiders or chiefs, and neither of those teams is a pushover.

The Chiefs or Raiders are expected to get a bye in the playoffs, so definitely not them.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2016, 02:18 PM by scoobydiesel.)

Quote:The Chiefs or Raiders are expected to get a bye in the playoffs, so definitely not them.
If one of them gets the bye the other doesnt. *Unless the Pats some how screw everything up, but even then only one of raiders/chiefs can be on a bye.*

Anyways, I wouldnt mind see the colts make it just to see them get blown out in the first round. But then again Id love to see any of them get blown out in the first, I do believe the tacks have a better chance at a win in the postseason tho.

Of the options, I wouldnt mind watching the tacks in the playoffs.  Mularkey seems like a decent enough guy so more success to him, plus it'll be fun watching them get obliterated. 

Quote:If one of them gets the bye the other doesnt. *Unless the Pats some how screw everything up, but even then only one of raiders/chiefs can be on a bye.*

Anyways, I wouldnt mind see the colts make it just to see them get blown out in the first round. But then again Id love to see any of them get blown out in the first, I do believe the tacks have a better chance at a win in the postseason tho.

To make it clear one of those two teams will be the fifth seed and play the four seed, which will be the winner of the AFCS. So whomever wins the AFCS will get either the chiefs or raiders assuming we don't see a collapse down the stretch.

It's still possible for the AFCSChamp to be the three seed, in which case they'll play the six seed: AFCS runner up, AFCN runner up, or AFCE runner up.

Personally, if the Texans don't win the division I don't care who does as long as it's not the Colts.
ImATexan

Quote:It's still possible for the AFCSChamp to be the three seed, in which case they'll play the six seed: AFCS runner up, AFCN runner up, or AFCE runner up.

Personally, if the Texans don't win the division I don't care who does as long as it's not the Colts.

Mathematically, yes. Realistically, no. If that were to happen the AFCS champ would not host the Chiefs or Raiders.

If the playoffs were tomorrow, Houston would host Oakland.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Titans just won the division with that win in KC.

Unless the Jags beat them next week... Which I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Quote:Titans just won the division with that win in KC.

Unless the Jags beat them next week... Which I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Where did you get that from? Obviously Houston is still leading in the division for multiple reasons. Look at the playoff picture again.