Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NHL 2017

Pens defeat Caps in Game 7

Is it time to trade Ovechkin?  He's never made it to the conference finals but part of the reason is the idiotic structure of the NHL Playoffs that have the 2 best teams facing each other in the conference semi-finals.

I say keep Ovechkin and try again next year.  A lot of the analysts (including Barry Melrose) have stated this morning that it's time to part ways with Ovechkin.

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No matter what Washington has tried with Ovechkin, it hasn't worked. They have tried so many different pieces around him and it still doesn't work. There is no Question that they have to keep Ovechkin though.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

That being said....Let's go Pens!

;

Fleury, he is either completely on, or completely off.

;

up until last night, the Pens had won 8 straight when tied 1-1 in a playoff series.

oh well .....

gonna be hard to win a series when they only score 1 goal per game vs Ottawa..

Quote:up until last night, the Pens had won 8 straight when tied 1-1 in a playoff series.

oh well .....

gonna be hard to win a series when they only score 1 goal per game vs Ottawa..
Ottawa's defense is really good, and has been all season. Maybe even a tad better during the playoffs so far. It really hurt being without Hornqvist, Rust, and Schultz. Daley was back, but he needed a game to get back into the groove I think. 

;

Need game 4 in Ottawa to get home ice back.

;

Ottawa reminds me of the ole NJ Devils.  Nothing fancy and keeps you wondering how they keep winning.   Yep - Good solid defense.

The best part is that I don't dislike Ottawa so if we're going to lose, this is the team that I'd prefer (instead of the Caps, Rangers, Flyers, etc.)

Yesterday was Awesome! Close it out tomorrow Pens!

;

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017, 01:15 PM by DARKSTAR.)

Quote:Yesterday was Awesome! Close it out tomorrow Pens!

No doubt.  I totally did not want to stress out watching Game 5 so this was a nice change of pace to just drink, eat, and relax at my neighbors Pens party

I'll be pulling for Ottawa tomorrow...can't stand the Pens.  Hopefully will be a great game whichever way it turns out.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:I'll be pulling for Ottawa tomorrow...can't stand the Pens.  Hopefully will be a great game whichever way it turns out.

I don't blame ya.  I think most of the country wants new blood in the Stanley Cup which would be incredible if Ottawa vs Nashville end up being the match-up. 

Being from the Burgh though, I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat tonight.  At least if we lose, it's not to the Caps, Flyers, Rangers, Bruins, or Red Wings though

Quote:The best part is that I don't dislike Ottawa so if we're going to lose, this is the team that I'd prefer (instead of the Caps, Rangers, Flyers, etc.)
Piss on Ottawa. I don't care who it is. 

That being said, Game 7 Playoff hockey is pretty awesome. Looking forward to tonight. 

;

Yes sir! On to the Cup! Bring on the Preds!
;

Grats to the Pens. Truly a great game 7 and was very fun to watch, even though I was tired at work today Smile
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

IMO, there is nothing better in sports than Stanley Cup Hockey. Like everyone, I've always known that Sidney Crosby was a great player but...he's way better than I thought and a lot tougher too. The beating he takes around the net is pretty unbelievable.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Adios board.  Go Pens!

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2017, 06:36 PM by Ringo.)

Crazy. A southern city. Loudest arena in the NHL.
Preds gave em hell Sat night. If Pens get any more injuries, these catfish checkers could give them a run. Falls on goaltending.

So I'm not a big hockey fan but I do tend to watch Olympic and Stanley Cup.. I had no idea that they had a form of instant replay in hockey as well. Looks like the one coach challenged a goal that was scored by the other team..

Just had to point out that instant replay is killing team sports in my opinion.. Just don't see the need for it and it really slows games down.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]