Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free Agent WRs

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2014, 09:21 AM by Kotite.)

There are a ton of them out there. If the Jags were to bring in one FA WR, even if it wasn't a true #1, who would you want? I am thinking there are going to be some decent options that won't break the bank.

Eric Decker? Hakeem Nicks? Golden Tate? Jacoby Jones? Jerome Simpson? Anquan Boldin? Julian Edelman? Kenny Britt? Jacoby Ford? James Jones? Jeremy Maclin?Josh Morgan? Kevin Ogletree? Emmanuel Sanders?
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No

The only WR's I'd be comfortable with having here are Eric Decker, Julian Edelman, and of course, the camp guys.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2014, 10:19 AM by Kotite.)

Hah! Monty Brewster.. none of the above. You don't think ANY new blood on the WR corps would be worthwhile, even to create competition or depth? Its a flooded market this season which should drive prices down.

Quote:Hah! Monty Brewster.. none of the above. You don't think ANY new blood on the WR corps would be worrhwhile, even to create competition or depth? Its a flooded market this season which should drive prices down.
Did you read my post?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Eric decker or Jeremy maclin please.
Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Wouldn't mind seeing James Jones in a jag uni.

Quote:Eric decker or Jeremy maclin please.
Maclin is a FA? Then yes, I would take him, Edelmen would be good also, but we kind of have that covered. If you aren't planning to draft a big outside guy, I think Britt is a good insurance policy on Blackmon.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Did you read my post?

Was responding to Haterade when you posted it.

Quote:Eric decker or Jeremy maclin please.

Quote:Maclin is a FA? Then yes, I would take him, Edelmen would be good also, but we kind of have that covered. If you aren't planning to draft a big outside guy, I think Britt is a good insurance policy on Blackmon.

Bingo. Bring in Maclin, especially since I'm just betting the market will be suppressed and Maclin may not be able to demand a massive contract. I think he could be quite the weapon for Jedd Fisch.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I saw a article that had Decker listed as a FA landing for us due to Short's injury concerns and Blackmon's problems. I wouldnt mind it finally get some size on the outside to go with the mid size technicians we already have.

No to James Jones he is a drop machine and insanely inconsistent.

No to Maclin we already have a speedy injury prone WR with great YAC ability (Shorts). He is really good but is likely going to want some cheddar and has had injury issues  which is my same concern for Hakeem Nicks.

Quote:Maclin is a FA? Then yes, I would take him, Edelmen would be good also, but we kind of have that covered. If you aren't planning to draft a big outside guy, I think Britt is a good insurance policy on Blackmon.
Kenny Britt a backup policy to Blackmon is hilarious. He is just a risk if not bigger than Blackmon
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Maclin is the only one I want.

People that want Decker are oblivious to the Manning effect. Decker was a strong  beneficiary to it.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I would take Maclin on a 1 yr prove it deal for 6 or 7 million. He's coming off of an injury and probably wants to show he could stay healthy and earn a big contract next year.

Decker is a good receiver but he is gonna get payed like a great receiver. He isn't worth it and would be an FA bust.

I'd take a chance on Riley Cooper to fill JB's spot while he is out.

I'm not a fan of big contracts for FA receivers.  Too many busts and not many booms.  Nicks says he wants to get paid. No thanks.  Decker will be overpaid, IMO and he doesn't pull coverage his way/ get's open due to talent around him.  No thanks. 

Sanders is actually really intriguing due to his speed. Might be gettable.    Edelman will likely be overpaid.  

Boldin probably has 1 maybe 2 good years left in him - that's an interesting one to think about - doesn't really suit Caldwell's methods but he had his best season in 6 six years last year at 33y.o. 

(1100+ yds rec - 7 TDs) 

I think Brandon LaFell from the Panthers would be a good pick-up w/o breaking the bank.  Cooper is intriguing as well - but doesn't inspire a ton of confidence for some reason and he may hold out for big bucks. 

I'd look into LaFell, Sanders and Boldin (two year deal) if I were calling shots. I'd look into most of them - but I think these are some of the ones that may not get huge deals.

Quote:Bingo. Bring in Maclin, especially since I'm just betting the market will be suppressed and Maclin may not be able to demand a massive contract. I think he could be quite the weapon for Jedd Fisch.

Exactly, had he not been injured last year he probably would have had another good year and then been able to bring in the benjamins, but he should look for a small 1-2 year deal to prove he still has it.

And to the manning effect of Decker, that's possibly true as well. He's still gonna make bank during FA for someone though.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

If Edelman can be had without breaking the bank, id love to get him. Dude is a gamer. Very elusive and reliable. All around good athlete
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Nicks or Tate Please!

The draft class is deep at WR. I'd prefer we draft a young guy and allow Jerry Sullivan develop him. None of the names on that list really intrigue me enough unless they can be had on a decent contract.
No commercial messages in sigs