Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Orakpo will most likely be off the table

It's looking like Orakpo won't hit the open market this offseason, which really isn't that much of a surprise.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"The
Washington Redskins
can ill afford to lose star pass rusher
Brian Orakpo
, and general manager Bruce Allen knows it.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Allen revealed Tuesday that the 'Skins have
engaged in contract talks
with Orakpo's agent

.."

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I thought the skins have no cap room? How are they planning to sign him?

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:I thought the skins have no cap room? How are they planning to sign him?

The NFL has ways of accommodating the favored teams, and DC is a favored team. I expect there will be some kind of shenanigans that will allow for it.

Quote:I thought the skins have no cap room? How are they planning to sign him?

Quote:The NFL has ways of accommodating the favored teams, and DC is a favored team. I expect there will be some kind of shenanigans that will allow for it.

From the article listed in the OP:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"...Fortunately for the first-year head coach, the Redskins finally will have some salary-cap room with the expiration of the NFL-imposed $36 million penalty
."

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Shenanigans I tell you...it's shenanigans dammit.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I swear, I'm going to pistol whip the next one of you that says shenanigans!

Quote:I swear, I'm going to pistol whip the next one of you that says shenanigans!
"Hey, Rico, what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy [BLEEP] on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?"

Quote:I swear, I'm going to pistol whip the next one of you that says shenanigans!
Shenanigans.

Want a beer?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2014, 11:40 AM by Deacon.)

Quote:Shenanigans.

Want a beer?

Yeah, that'd be cool. Can you bring it to the office? I gotta work late today.

Quote:The NFL has ways of accommodating the favored teams, and DC is a favored team. I expect there will be some kind of shenanigans that will allow for it.
I thought that the Redskins were off the list tilll they changed the name to be more in line with Goodells 'vision.'

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:I thought that the Redskins were off the list tilll they changed the name to be more in line with Goodells 'vision.'

The name thing is all lip service. They might change the name one day, but it won't be due to league office pressure.

Quote:I thought that the Redskins were off the list tilll they changed the name to be more in line with Goodells 'vision.'

Goodell recently endorsed the Redskins name.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Duh, and Hardy isn't going to leave the Panthers either. Michael Johnson will get 90 million from someone else and everyone around here will once again be left holding their expectations in the bag.

Quote:Duh, and Hardy isn't going to leave the Panthers either. Michael Johnson will get 90 million from someone else and everyone around here will once again be left holding their expectations in the bag.
Lather, rinse, repeat. 

Happens every year. 

Once the league year ends, Over-The-Cap estimates that the Skins will have just over $28m in cap space. Most believe in DC that Orakpo will take about $10m per year to sign. Although he has had some injury history of concern, he is in his prime and now a 3 time pro-bowler. A franchise tag is also an option, of around $11m for a one year deal. I am guessing he gets the tag if he doesn't give them a hometown discount (not likely), which gives the Skins another year to insure that the injuries are staying in the past.

Well...poop

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Whatever they sign him for is gonna be the floor for the Hardy deal.  Good thing Danny Boy doesn't sign players to inflated contracts that exceed a player's value..    :whistling:

Only a chump boos the home team!