Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Incognito- Martin Texts are out

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...y-surface/'

Well, if you weren't sure before, this seals it for me. Martin is the scumbag, not Incognito. That's a twist M Knight Shamalagh wishes he could have written...

The bad thing is it looks like rather than bulling Incognito was actually nice to the guy. I mean, well, just read it. If you don't feel bad for Incognito after the text about the Dolphins talking about releasing him, then you have never had a real job where someone lied about you, and you were put on the hotseat/fired for it. Awful.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

These certainly don't paint Martin in a great light.  But Incognito is a known jerk, despite playing the victim here.  I don't excuse him for badgering Martin with questions on his sexuality.  Even if he is gay (and I don't know or care if he is), it's not cool to try to out somebody. 

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:These certainly don't paint Martin in a great light.  But Incognito is a known jerk, despite playing the victim here.  I don't excuse him for badgering Martin with questions on his sexuality.  Even if he is gay (and I don't know or care if he is), it's not cool to try to out somebody. 
I find it hard to believe that he was just 'playing' the victim, when the texts were before he was accused.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I will never understand how anybody can think a guy who threatens violence and uses a racial slur in a voice mail is the nice guy in this scandal. If Martin was the bad guy and Incognito was the victim I am sure Martin would be the suspended player and Incognito left the team on his own, not the other way around.

Whenever these things seem to paint one party in favorable light I always ask myself: Who released the information?

This sure paints a different light doesn't it.

I wonder what all the people who jumped all over Incognito will say now?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

The texts Incognito sent to Martin about AIDS is beyond very disturbing.

http://deadspin.com/richie-incognito-and...1515397633

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Whenever these things seem to paint one party in favorable light I always ask myself: Who released the information?

Agree. The damage has already been done. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Both these guys suck.

Reading the long long text back and forth, they look like friends going back and forth!  Is some of what Incognito said and did deplorable, sure....but I still took most of it as good natured joking.

The text to him asking about what was going on about the harassment is interesting and Martin responding he has nothing to do with that.  Crazy.

Looks like Pouncey knows how to party.

Quote:I will never understand how anybody can think a guy who threatens violence and uses a racial slur in a voice mail is the nice guy in this scandal. If Martin was the bad guy and Incognito was the victim I am sure Martin would be the suspended player and Incognito left the team on his own, not the other way around.

You obviously never hung around a bunch of guys. All we do is joke and talk trash..... get over it.. its fine

Quote:Looks like Pouncey knows how to party.

*sniff....sniff*

Ive said worse to my friends and we aren't jacked up on massive amounts of testosterone due to constant weight lifting. Seriously, go to a guys dorm room when all the guys are over hanging out. You need thick skin to be a guy sometimes. Some trxt were a little too far, but it seems their relationship had grown to the point where Martin didn't take offense to the insults
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

these are typical bro text of any male.

I'm not certain these texts reveal the "whole story."   I doubt they do.  I do think they make it clear that  at least part of the problem was in his Martin's head. 

Time to sign Richie Incognito, we need that kind of toughness in the interior.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

When I read the texts it sounds to me like they were in a relationship. I don't know if they were or not, and frankly don't think most people would care, but it helps to explain why it seems so hard to get some answers.  

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2014, 03:59 AM by Predator.)

1000 texts between the two in like a month and not a single complaint from Martin. Friends talk trash to each other and it is obvious Incognito considered Martin a good friend.

Wow, it looks like Martin threw Incognito under the bus in order to make some money off the NFL after he realized his career was going down the tubes.

Martin's selfish actions are beyond despicable. He has a lot of bad karma coming his way and it will be well deserved.

So maybe Incognito would be worth looking into in Fa then?