Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Incognito- Martin Texts are out

If we don't want Tebow because he causes distractions, then we certainly don't need Incognito.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If we don't want Tebow because he causes distractions, then we certainly don't need Incognito.
Bah, Tebow isn't a pro-bowler at a position of need. He is a developmental QB (even though I am a fan), who has a whole lot more attention because lets face it, Tebow has no scandal, he is just polarized because of who he is, a devout Christian. Versus Incognito had a scandal based on his alleged 'bullying' which turns out to be, at the very least, mostly made up by a washing out OT. And one (referring to Martin) of particularly low morals to throw a guy who actually expressed concern for him under the bus.

Its apples to Oranges, Media won't want to be around incognito cause he is being vindicated (i.e. proving their story wrong). Whereas Tebow can really never be vindicated because the story is that he is 'polarizing.' I personally wish Tebow would go to arena league or the CFL and go have a couple prove-it seasons. I think he is being subbron sitting out, and it will cost him what might be a decent career. I still think he can get it done, but hes got to prove it, and if the NFL won't let him, then go showcase in the Arena league. It worked for Warner, it can work for Tebow.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Bah, Tebow isn't a pro-bowler at a position of need. He is a developmental QB (even though I am a fan), who has a whole lot more attention because lets face it, Tebow has no scandal, he is just polarized because of who he is, a devout Christian. Versus Incognito had a scandal based on his alleged 'bullying' which turns out to be, at the very least, mostly made up by a washing out OT. And one (referring to Martin) of particularly low morals to throw a guy who actually expressed concern for him under the bus.

Its apples to Oranges, Media won't want to be around incognito cause he is being vindicated (i.e. proving their story wrong). Whereas Tebow can really never be vindicated because the story is that he is 'polarizing.' I personally wish Tebow would go to arena league or the CFL and go have a couple prove-it seasons. I think he is being subbron sitting out, and it will cost him what might be a decent career. I still think he can get it done, but hes got to prove it, and if the NFL won't let him, then go showcase in the Arena league. It worked for Warner, it can work for Tebow.

I can understand the sympathy vote for Incognito but lets get real, he is 30 and is slow off the blocks and still has too many mental mistakes.

We already have Babin for that cause.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I can understand the sympathy vote for Incognito but lets get real, he is 30 and is slow off the blocks and still has too many mental mistakes.

We already have Babin for that cause.
Well, I guess I look at our line, and hear things like 'Rackley will still be starting next year,' and I just think that he is definitely better than Rackley. But I here you on the age. He is not a long term solution. I would really like some maulers in the middle next year. It would be nice to see our line have some push again instead of going backwards on every rushing play.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Well, I guess I look at our line, and hear things like 'Rackley will still be starting next year,' and I just think that he is definitely better than Rackley. But I here you on the age. He is not a long term solution. I would really like some maulers in the middle next year. It would be nice to see our line have some push again instead of going backwards on every rushing play.

I wouldnt mind Caldwell taking a look at Ashomah and Olsen.

Quote:Time to sign Richie Incognito, we need that kind of toughness in the interior.

The confusing part is that Incognito comes across as one of those guys that you could end up saying.

"I knew he was dangerous" after he kills two people in a bar fight, or you could end up saying "I knew he was a special hero" after he saves a family of seven from a burning home, and their three cats, even though he is allergic to cats.

He is an unknown.

Quote:Time to sign Richie Incognito, we need that kind of toughness in the interior.
The potential risk outweighs the benefit.  No thanks.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:The potential risk outweighs the benefit.  No thanks.

I believe that we're seeing him exonerated before our eyes. He's gritty, tough, and a touch mean, just what you want in your interior linemen.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I believe that we're seeing him exonerated before our eyes. He's gritty, tough, and a touch mean, just what you want in your interior linemen.
I'll need to see more than a couple texts before giving him a free pass.  The Rams cut him because of his anger issues and Buffalo declined to resign him. There was also a sexual harassment claim that apparently was settled out of court about a year ago.

Like I said, not the kind of character you build a team with.

Quote:I thought we were done with the Choir Boy routine in J-ville?

See quote below.

Quote:I'll need to see more than a couple texts before giving him a free pass.  The Rams cut him because of his anger issues and Buffalo declined to resign him. There was also a sexual harassment claim that apparently was settled out of court about a year ago.

Like I said, not the kind of character you build a team with.

I'd sign Incognito tomorrow and not even think twice about it. We can probably get him on the cheap and he'd fit in just fine up here. Martin is just sensitive. You can tell in those text exchanges that they were solid friends for awhile. He was going out of his way just as much as Richie was to hang out at night. Looks like a bromance gone wrong.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I'd sign Incognito tomorrow and not even think twice about it. We can probably get him on the cheap and he'd fit in just fine up here. Martin is just sensitive. You can tell in those text exchanges that they were solid friends for awhile. He was going out of his way just as much as Richie was to hang out at night. Looks like a bromance gone wrong.
Let's look at his college career then;

2002  Ejected from a game for starting a fight.

2003  Got into a fight with a teammate during practice.  Coach suspended him and sent him to a clinic for anger management issues.

2004  Got into a fight, charged, plead guilty to misdemeanor assault.  Later that year he was suspended for violating team rules and getting into a fight in the locker room.  Left Nebraska, transferred to Oregon, dismissed by team within a week.

Still look like a bromance gone bad to you?

Quote:Let's look at his college career then;

2002  Ejected from a game for starting a fight.

2003  Got into a fight with a teammate during practice.  Coach suspended him and sent him to a clinic for anger management issues.

2004  Got into a fight, charged, plead guilty to misdemeanor assault.  Later that year he was suspended for violating team rules and getting into a fight in the locker room.  Left Nebraska, transferred to Oregon, dismissed by team within a week.

Still look like a bromance gone bad to you?

Looks like alpha male meathead college hijinks to me. I'd still bring him in because he can play.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Looks like alpha male meathead college hijinks to me. I'd still bring him in because he can play.
Just what we need.......more personal foul penalties.

He's locker room cancer.

Who are the top five rappers of all time?

1. Dylon

2. Dylon

3. Dylon

4. Dylon

5. Dylon

Because I spit hot fire.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Just what we need.......more personal foul penalties.

He's locker room cancer.

In addition to him being 31 when the season starts, we need to get younger on the OL.

He is our Babin on offense, committing stupid bonehead mistakes at the most horrible moments. 

I guess the video I posted of Incognito acting like a buffoon was profane and warning worthy. Won't do that again.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2014, 04:12 PM by pirkster.)

Incognito is a known bully, but at the same time, Martin is also a [BLEEP].  I don't care for either one right now.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2014, 01:33 PM by unfmba.)

Well, the report is out "pattern of harassment" - looks like a lot of folks jumped the gun based on incomplete information that was obviously put out for an intended purpose.

Frankly, some of the comments on this thread are a little disturbing. Don't some of you realize that this is why people shoot each other in schools and at work. You dismiss this crap as "football" stuff or "Bro talk." Whatever. Let someone come to work with an AK and let's see you rationalize it. Wake the hell up people. Have a little respect and dignity.