Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
About the Team

This is random, but there was one thing I noticed which really impressed me about Seattle's Super Bowl win. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but with all the TDs scored in a SUPER BOWL game, I did not see one Seahawks player take the ball with them to the sidelines (to be then given to a trainer for safekeeping and eventually mounted in a trophy case). Each time they scored, they celebrated and discarded the ball somewhere in the end zone so they could celebrate with their team.

In an age where the "me me me" mentality is rampant, this showed, to me, where their focus was. Not that I consider him a diva, but Demariyus was the only person I saw last night who scored and held on to the ball.

I just thought that was the coolest.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is random, but there was one thing I noticed which really impressed me about Seattle's Super Bowl win. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but with all the TDs scored in a SUPER BOWL game, I did not see one Seahawks player take the ball with them to the sidelines (to be then given to a trainer for safekeeping and eventually mounted in a trophy case). Each time they scored, they celebrated and discarded the ball somewhere in the end zone so they could celebrate with their team.

In an age where the "me me me" mentality is rampant, this showed, to me, where their focus was. Not that I consider him a diva, but Demariyus was the only person I saw last night who scored and held on to the ball.

Percy kept his and I know I saw another one keep his also, but I can't remember who.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Champ Bailey told the whole team Saturday night the game is about the team, not yourself. Demariyus Thomas obviously understood what that meant.

I don't see the problem with keeping a ball. If I scored a TD in a Super Bowl, I would love to keep the ball as a keepsake.

Quote:I don't see the problem with keeping a ball. If I scored a TD in a Super Bowl, I would love to keep the ball as a keepsake.

I remember Josh Scobee tried to get the ball and got mad when he couldn't, so the next time we went to Indianapolis, he made sure he got the ball.

I just thought it was cool how many players just discarded the ball.  Very telling of the mentality.  And if Percy kept his, it would make sense.  If there's a diva on that team, it's him. 

Quote:I just thought it was cool how many players just discarded the ball.  Very telling of the mentality.  And if Percy kept his, it would make sense.  If there's a diva on that team, it's him.

So if you scored a kickoff return in your very first Super Bowl you wouldn't keep the football? I don't think it makes him a diva in the least for wanting to keep something from a moment in time that might never repeat itself.

Quote:I just thought it was cool how many players just discarded the ball. Very telling of the mentality. And if Percy kept his, it would make sense. If there's a diva on that team, it's him.

Lol

If I scored a TD in a SB I'd keep the ball.

Quote:If I scored a TD in a SB I'd keep the ball.

Selfish Diva!!!

Quote:So if you scored a kickoff return in your very first Super Bowl you wouldn't keep the football? I don't think it makes him a diva in the least for wanting to keep something from a moment in time that might never repeat itself.

Duh, that's obvious. After missing all that time with injuries, he deserved to keep the ball. I think it was his first touchdown as a Seahawk.

Quote:Selfish Diva!!!

I love me some me.

Percy has a history of being a diva.  Well documented.  The act of keeping a football itself does not make one a diva.  The point I was making, others could care less about the ball.  The one that did, coincidentally, was the diva.

Keeping a football doesn't make you a diva..sheesh. if anything I bet Percy got his teammates to sign it for him and he's putting it on display in his home. What a good story that would be for grandkids. That being said, if i scored a TD in the super bowl, good luck taking the ball from me.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Man, all you people that would keep the ball. I bet you're cocky too. Man, I can't stand knowing that there are cocky people going around being all cocky. Everyone knows that non-cocky people humbly hand the ball to the opponent's Head Coach and apologize for their excessive show of athleticism. I bet all of you cocky people would never do that.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I don't understand how keeping the ball could be remotely considered selfish. These guys are human beings. It's a souvenir from perhaps the most widely viewed sporting event in the world, and they may never return to it for any number of reasons.

Selfish? Diva? I don't get it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I don't understand how keeping the ball could be remotely considered selfish. These guys are human beings. It's a souvenir from perhaps the most widely viewed sporting event in the world, and they may never return to it for any number of reasons.

Selfish? Diva? I don't get it.

It's because you're cocky, isn't it? Man, I always knew you were one of those guys that were cocky. Look at you, wanting to remember good stuff that you did and take pride in accomplishments and stuff. What a cocky, selfish, cocky, diva-ish, cocky diva you are.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:It's because you're cocky, isn't it? Man, I always knew you were one of those guys that were cocky. Look at you, wanting to remember good stuff that you did and take pride in accomplishments and stuff. What a cocky, selfish, cocky, diva-ish, cocky diva you are.
Now you made me feel bad.

I need a beer.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:This is random, but there was one thing I noticed which really impressed me about Seattle's Super Bowl win. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but with all the TDs scored in a SUPER BOWL game, I did not see one Seahawks player take the ball with them to the sidelines (to be then given to a trainer for safekeeping and eventually mounted in a trophy case). Each time they scored, they celebrated and discarded the ball somewhere in the end zone so they could celebrate with their team.

Why does keeping the football of the same play where you scored a touchdown in the biggest game in the world make you a diva..?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Now you made me feel bad.

I need a beer.

Ooh! Can I have one?