Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Italian court overturns not guilty verdict of Amanda Knox

Italian court overturns not guilty verdict of Amanda Knox, Raffaele Sollecito in murder of Meredith Kercher

An appeals court in Florence has upheld the guilty verdict against U.S. student Amanda Knox and her ex-boyfriend for the 2007 murder of her British roommate. Knox was sentenced to 28 1/2 years in prison, raising the specter of a long legal battle over her extradition.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01/30/...e-head-to/

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow

I did not follow that case very closely when it was in the news, what was the consensus, guilty or not?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I seriously doubt the U.S. will extradite her.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I seriously doubt the U.S. will extradite her.  

It's only fair. Italy would not extradite Michael Corleone.

- Bob Marley

I can say with utmost certainty that she will not be vacationing in Rome.

Quote:It's only fair. Italy would not extradite Michael Corleone.

Fair?

Can you be above, or below fair on purpose, and be right?

I didn't follow the case either, but it sounded today like it was cut and dry guilt. How did she get off the first time?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Fair?

Can you be above, or below fair on purpose, and be right?

I dunno.

- Bob Marley

Quote:I dunno.

I dunno why I waste my time asking you anything. I should have just ask TMD to start with … he would have at least took a stab at the answer … right or wrong be damned. Smile 

Quote:I didn't follow the case either, but it sounded today like it was cut and dry guilt. How did she get off the first time?
Far from that.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Far from that.

I don't remember all the facts either...but I recall it was far from a slam dunk on who actually killed the girl.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2014, 08:50 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:I dunno why I waste my time asking you anything. I should have just ask TMD to start with … he would have at least took a stab at the answer … right or wrong be damned. Smile 

All I know is that Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.

[Image: Godfather-Luca-Brasi-Strangulation.jpg]

- Bob Marley

Quote:All I know is that Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.

[Image: Godfather-Luca-Brasi-Strangulation.jpg]
On a related note.....Anyone here about the mob hit in Italy today (or yesterday). A 3 year old was killed for the parents owing some mobsters money. Italy knows there are mob bits, but the city it happened in and Italy itself have been truly hurt by this. They couldn't believe what happened.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:On a related note.....Anyone here about the mob hit in Italy today (or yesterday). A 3 year old was killed for the parents owing some mobsters money. Italy knows there are mob bits, but the city it happened in and Italy itself have been truly hurt by this. They couldn't believe what happened.

It was his grandfather and his young "friend" that got whacked along with the little boy. I believe the boys parents are in jail already...

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2014, 09:00 PM by Sammy.)

Quote:All I know is that Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.

I was going to google who that was, but I figured I already lost if I had to google who that was. :yes:

Quote:I was going to google who that was, but I figured I already lost if I had to google who that was. :yes:

It's not a crime to use google! :no:

Quote:Far from that.

Ill have to read up on it. All I know is today I overheard on the news her roommate was stabbed and I guess they pegged her and some other guy for it. I didn't hear what evidence there was but all the analyst where talking about how he expected this verdict to be guilty it was more of a talk about her becoming a fugitive
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Ill have to read up on it. All I know is today I overheard on the news her roommate was stabbed and I guess they pegged her and some other guy for it. I didn't hear what evidence there was but all the analyst where talking about how he expected this verdict to be guilty it was more of a talk about her becoming a fugitive

There were three people involved (allegedly).  A lot of the DNA evidence was heavily scrutinized by court-appointed officials.  You'll hear analysts say both really.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I was going to google who that was, but I figured I already lost if I had to google who that was. :yes:

It's not a competition, it's just an exhibition.

- Bob Marley