Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Knighton going to the next level in Denver

Good for him, keep seeing more and more articles about Knighton and how he's doing in Denver. Always liked him, hope he keeps it up where ever he plays.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Good for him, keep seeing more and more articles about Knighton and how he's doing in Denver. Always liked him, hope he keeps it up where ever he plays.

Mularkey was an idiot for keeping him on the bench his final year here.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Mularkey was an idiot for keeping him on the bench his final year here.

I hate Mularkey, he screwed up in so many different ways it's hard to believe he was even really trying.

Does "going to the next level" mean he's playing with more talent around him so he also looks better?

Huh

Quote:Does "going to the next level" mean he's playing with more talent around him so he also looks better?

I don't know, who else do they have on that line? Mincey is playing a role after getting cut here so it's not like that's an incredible line up there.

Quote:I don't know, who else do they have on that line? Mincey is playing a role after getting cut here so it's not like that's an incredible line up there.

Of course Mincey is a backup in Denver. I have not seen him much as a Bronco. The starting LDE is Kevin Vickerson. The starting RDE is Shaun Phillips. Derek Wolfe was the other starting DT but he is on IR and I can't remember his backup's name.

Quote:Of course Mincey is a backup in Denver. I have not seen him much as a Bronco. The starting LDE is Kevin Vickerson. The starting RDE is Shaun Phillips. Derek Wolfe was the other starting DT but he is on IR and I can't remember his backup's name.

That's my point they don't have a plethora of talent making Knighton look better, he's actually the core of that line.

Quote:That's my point. They don't have a plethora of talent making Knighton look better, he's actually the core of that line.

They are not bad, but I agree better linemen are on other rosters. I heard multiple times the Broncos love Terrance Knighton because he is playing great there.

He seems to love playing against the Patriots. At New England, he recovered a fumble and ran with it. Last week, he sacked Tom Brady on fourth and 2.

He got screwed over here in J-ville.

Now he's in Denver making Jack Del Rio look good. Smh.

Quote:He got screwed over here in J-ville.

Nobody said we had a good defensive line coach his first four years. He also did not have the same DC every year. So it could have been a coaches, not players problem.

Quote:He got screwed over here in J-ville.

I'm curious.  How exactly did he get screwed here?

He played poorly at the start of the season in 2012, and wound up being benched 4 games into the season.  Despite that, the Jaguars did attempt to extend his contract to keep him on the roster, but he wanted nothing to do with that because he wanted to play for Del Rio in Denver.  It would have been nice to keep him here, but in the end, he made the choice not to continue negotiations with the Jaguars because he wanted to play for Jack.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Does "going to the next level" mean he's playing with more talent around him so he also looks better?

I don't know but I just got the distinct imagery of him jumping on the very top of a flagpole and getting 1000 points.

Quote:I'm curious.  How exactly did he get screwed here?

He played poorly at the start of the season in 2012, and wound up being benched 4 games into the season.  Despite that, the Jaguars did attempt to extend his contract to keep him on the roster, but he wanted nothing to do with that because he wanted to play for Del Rio in Denver.  It would have been nice to keep him here, but in the end, he made the choice not to continue negotiations with the Jaguars because he wanted to play for Jack.

Did he say that during contract negotiations?

I think he also wanted a fresh start after being benched.

I just want to know how a guy goes from being benched for poor play on this team to starting for a superbowl team.  Is the coaching to blame for getting so little out of him?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Marks is better but they could have been a good duo. 

Quote:I just want to know how a guy goes from being benched for poor play on this team to starting for a superbowl team.  Is the coaching to blame for getting so little out of him?

Really? The answer is two words. I will give you a hint. The first one is Peyton.

Quote:Mularkey was an idiot for running him on a treadmill for hours the day before a game to send a message

Fixed that for you.

Where are the posters who downplayed TK's talent level?

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Nobody said we had a good defensive line coach his first four years. He also did not have the same DC every year. So it could have been a coaches, not players problem.

Exactly.

Quote:I'm curious.  How exactly did he get screwed here?

Just my opinion. Fault falls on him of course, but there was a clear drop off between Jack and Mike. And I don't blame him for leaving, Mularkey was terrible and his best days were with Jack.

Quote:I just want to know how a guy goes from being benched for poor play on this team to starting for a superbowl team.  Is the coaching to blame for getting so little out of him?

Because Mularkey is an idiot.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.