Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Knighton going to the next level in Denver

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2014, 02:54 AM by EricC85.)

Quote:Really? The answer is two words. I will give you a hint. The first one is Peyton.

What? Manning has nothing to do with Knighton and how he's playing...

Quote:I just want to know how a guy goes from being benched for poor play on this team to starting for a superbowl team.  Is the coaching to blame for getting so little out of him?

Mularky was an idiot, like Jagwired'd said. The entire team went backwards under his leadership.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I just want to know how a guy goes from being benched for poor play on this team to starting for a Super Bowl team. Is the coaching to blame for getting so little out of him?

Mike Mularkey benched him, not JDR. The Super Bowl team he joined is the one JDR is on. Not really surprising.

Also, TK has a better position coach in Denver than he ever had in Jacksonville. I am sure that helps him too.

Quote:Where are the posters who downplayed TK's talent level?

Was The Mad Dog one of them? He can't post anymore.

The people who downplayed his talent level believe in "players, not plays." They don't understand some players just need to be on certain teams to succeed in the NFL. I do not agree with them because many players are Pro Bowlers on one team and bottom feeders somewhere else.

Quote:What? Manning has nothing to do with Knighton and how he's playing.

I think Stroud was taking "Super Bowl team" too far.

True, Manning has nothing to do with Knighton's performance, but he is the biggest reason Denver is playing Sunday.

Quote:Where are the posters who downplayed TK's talent level?

I don't remember anyone downplaying Knighton's talent level. It's his commitment and dedication that was always the question. The man is talented, but he needs proper motivation to keep him performing up to his potential.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Really? The answer is two words. I will give you a hint. The first one is Peyton.
It was really meant a rhetorical question, but you're right.  The answer is one word though, not two. It's LEADERSHIP; Manning is just the guy who supplies it.  I remember hearing something about a text Peyton sent Pot Roast after the deal was announced, saying that nobody was late for practice on this team.  We haven't had a leader since........

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2014, 10:26 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:I don't remember anyone downplaying Knighton's talent level. It's his commitment and dedication that was always the question. The man is talented, but he needs proper motivation to keep him performing up to his potential.

I don't remember anybody downplaying his talent either. In fact, I originally thought he was the best pick of the Jean Smiff era until his weight started to be an issue.

TK was the first pick that tricked me into thinking Jean was going to be a great GM, finding talent like that in the 3rd.

The talent was always there, but I don't think the motivation was. He is always a couple McDoubles in the offseason to having the same problems.

Edit: Misspelled Jean's name wrong and corrected.

Quote:I don't remember anyone downplaying Knighton's talent level. It's his commitment and dedication that was always the question. The man is talented, but he needs proper motivation to keep him performing up to his potential.

If that was his main problem, why did Gene Smith - the guy who said character is extremely important - take him in the third round?

Someone said in a different thread he tried to lose weight. That tells me he was motivated, but unable to stick with it.

Quote:If that was his main problem, why did Gene Smith - the guy who said character is extremely important - take him in the third round?

Someone said in a different thread he tried to lose weight. That tells me he was motivated, but unable to stick with it.

I don't know, but I'll bet it was because Smith had other players that he liked better than Knighton ranked higher.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:If that was his main problem, why did Gene Smith - the guy who said character is extremely important - take him in the third round?

Knighton is Fat he will always be Fat and eventually only get bigger. that's the beauty of him, the way he moves while being Fat.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Would David Caldwell draft him if he was the GM in 2009?

Good for TK.  I am happy he found a good spot.  That being said, does his good play help to increase our chance of getting a compensatory pick?  Between his play and Cox's contact amount maybe we get something.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

I always liked Pot Roast. I was torn about the Jags not bringing him back. It seems like he was doing poorly for the Broncos earlier in the year, which made it seem like letting him go was the right move. Now, he's playing well, and despite the fact that he's no longer a Jag, I'm happy for him. I am pulling for the Seahawks this Sunday, but if the Broncos win, I'll be happy for TK and Mincey. Hell, I'll be a little happy for ol' jughead. As hard as I try, it's pretty hard not to like the guy. I think the talk of him being the best ever is really unfair to him, as he's not even the best of his era, but I think he's earned his spot among the tops of all time. He's a hard guy not to like though. But I digress. I am cheering against TK, JM, and PM this Sunday, but won't be all that heartbroken if they get their rings.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Good for TK.  I am happy he found a good spot.  That being said, does his good play help to increase our chance of getting a compensatory pick?  Between his play and Cox's contact amount maybe we get something.

I think one factor is the contract. He must earn more money in Denver than he would have in Jacksonville or something like that. The Chargers did not help us there, only giving Derek Cox $5 million in  4 years, and Cox sucked, so we will not get a pick for him. I think Terrance Knighton is our best chance of getting a compensatory pick and will be mad if we don't get one.

Terrance Knighton was getting pushed backward constantly from the line of scrimmage at the end of his Jaguars tenure.  He looked really bad.  He was a complete nonfactor.

Good for him if he really has turned it around.

Quote:Terrance Knighton was getting pushed backward constantly from the line of scrimmage at the end of his Jaguars tenure.  He looked really bad.  He was a complete nonfactor.

Good for him if he really has turned it around.

Coaching probably had something to do with that because he was not as good with Mularkey as he was with JDR.

how someone plays plays no role in compensatory picks.  The size of his contract does.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:How someone plays plays no role in compensatory picks.  The size of his contract does.

So how much money does he need to give his former team a CP?

His contract in Denver is two years, $4.5 million, with a $500,000 signing bonus.

[Image: davidcopperfield0608.jpg]

And with my next trick, I will make Terrance Knighton disappear from the Super Bowl.

Quote:[Image: davidcopperfield0608.jpg]

And with my next trick, I will make Terrance Knighton disappear from the Super Bowl.

It's incredible how ineffective a d-lineman can look when their team is down by 20+ points and the the opposing offense is dictating the game plan, isn't it?

Quote:It's incredible how ineffective a d-lineman can look when their team is down by 20+ points and the the opposing offense is dictating the game plan, isn't it?

Apparently, he spent too much time looking for insults about Max Unger on Google this week.